By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Oh no... IGN: "Sony Will Let Microsoft Make First Move - Hirai sees no point in announcing first."

likely waiting for announcement of when nexbox will release. then Sony will jump on it with an announcement that they will release a month or two first.

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
Persistantthug said:
MoHasanie said:
hmm, seems to me that Sony is more interested in seeing the Xbox 720 because they are not sure what to do with the PS4. A lot of people here blame Sony for releasing a year after Microsoft and claim the head start was a big factor in the PS3's poor performance, and I think that will be a big factor next generation too.

What poor performance?

PS3 has been outselling XBOX 360 for several years in a row.

And according to some reports, XBOX 360 is the 7th generation console in last place.

Just sayin.

Sorry, I needed to specify that I meant its poor peformance when it lauched. Of course now its doing fine. 

But even then, that's not really true.

The first full year on the market, the full 2007 year, the PS3 did approx 8 million units.  Do you consider that poor performance?  That's actually pretty good.  At the very least, it's far from poor.

In comparison, XBOX 360's first full year (2006), 360 it did less than 7 million units.

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php?reg=Global&ending=Yearly

For all intent and purpose, You're sentiment is wrong.  But I do understand that you're not the only one.  I just wanted to educate you a bit. ;)

personally i don't think sony should try and get the vita on track before they release the PS4 cause in case if the PS4 ends up in the same position as the vita and PS3 launch they are screwed big time

D-Joe said:

What will happen if few days later,MS announce "We Will Let Sony Make First Move"?

Nintendo wins.

animegaming said:
personally i don't think sony should try and get the vita on track before they release the PS4 cause in case if the PS4 ends up in the same position as the vita and PS3 launch they are screwed big time

At this rate the Vita's still screwed for at least another year, forsaking the PS4 for the Vita would be a bad move. The Vita needs at least 2 years to get on track and Sony doesn't have the time.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network
TheBardsSong said:
D-Joe said:

What will happen if few days later,MS announce "We Will Let Sony Make First Move"?

Nintendo wins.

And that will be my dream outcome.

Sensei said:
For as long as PS3 is outselling the competition, which is the case, Sony isn't the one pressed to come out with a new console.

However, they cannot be too late again. They need to release and announce really close to Microsoft.

The amount that MS has gained from sony playing this game is better than specs. So I say let sony play that game, it worked out really good for them last time. I think they said this because they are finally making back lost money. They need this gen to last as long as possible.

WagnerPaiva said:
think-man said:
Well Kazuo Hirai is a smart man, I trust him

He really is, I also trust the guy to make the right choice. Also, I want the three companies to survive, because gaming without competition is not cool, you gotta have competition to make the industry evolve. Without Sega, we would be playing Nintendo Entertainment System till this day, Mario 23 and Megaman 19, things like that...

Oh god there is already enough marios as it is XD

Persistantthug said:
MoHasanie said:
Persistantthug said:
MoHasanie said:
hmm, seems to me that Sony is more interested in seeing the Xbox 720 because they are not sure what to do with the PS4. A lot of people here blame Sony for releasing a year after Microsoft and claim the head start was a big factor in the PS3's poor performance, and I think that will be a big factor next generation too.

What poor performance?

PS3 has been outselling XBOX 360 for several years in a row.

And according to some reports, XBOX 360 is the 7th generation console in last place.

Just sayin.

Sorry, I needed to specify that I meant its poor peformance when it lauched. Of course now its doing fine. 

But even then, that's not really true.

The first full year on the market, the full 2007 year, the PS3 did approx 8 million units.  Do you consider that poor performance?  That's actually pretty good.  At the very least, it's far from poor.

In comparison, XBOX 360's first full year (2006), 360 it did less than 7 million units.

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php?reg=Global&ending=Yearly

For all intent and purpose, You're sentiment is wrong.  But I do understand that you're not the only one.  I just wanted to educate you a bit. ;)

You missed a big part, the first year sony had to drop price and lost lots of money. Thats not a success if you have to cut cost right off the jump. So I think your intent and purpose is wrong.  I just wanted educate what you easily left out. Sony took it in the shorts in the beginning.

I must applaud those in this thread who pointed out the obvious. The only context in which his comments make any rational sense. Is the one where Microsoft launches this year, and Sony can try to outdo them after the fact with a launch a year later. If you earnestly believe that we will see both consoles this year. Then you have a real problem in that release dates, price points, the message, and hardware are beyond the point of no return. It is purely a matter of momentum.

All of these things must be set before production can commence, and they need to be choreographed seamlessly, and are not the kind of things that anyone should be trying to modify on the fly. At this scale of production plans must be meticulous. Any fooling around could create a cascade of failures. If you guys genuinely believe he is a incredibly intelligent person. Then the last thing you should be doing is putting forth the notion. That he is going to do the dumbest thing possible. Abandoning a plan once it is derailed makes sense. Derailing a plan on a whim most certainly doesn't. One is attempting to salvage a situation. The other is just making the situation worse.