By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ps4 controller to include LCD touchscreen, biometric sensors?

green_sky said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
nen-suer said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
wait I thought dreamcast was the first controller with a screen on it?

Innovation doesn't start until until Nintendo says so

lol how could I forget

Never forget that. Nintendo patented "innovation" before apple ever could haha.

haha so true

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

Not too many gimmicks as standard please. It just drives costs up for most people.

amp316 said:
This controller sounds similar to something else. I can't put my finger on it...

The Dreamcast controller? Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
amp316 said:
This controller sounds similar to something else. I can't put my finger on it...

The Dreamcast controller? Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

That's right.  The Dreamcast had that too.  

What did you think that I was implying? 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Pesmerga7551 said:
Cobretti2 said:
So reading some of the comments suddenly a smaller LCD screen than the WiiU gamepad is a cool idea?

Yes it is a cool idea. But you can't get it to a point it's small enough to still feel like a console gaming controller. The problem with the WiiU is the horrible feel to the controller. You're holding a damn tablet, and you can really notice it. The screen isn't the problem. Wait, actually it's because it's way to big. And it's way to big because they tried to make another fad. When I heard about a screen, thought it be no bigger than the screen on like a iphone5, or Galaxy S3 in the middle (standing upright). But it's a giant waste of space. Instead of trying to make a cool aspect from the screen to improve gaming as it needs be, they try to centerize their games around the screen. I personally don't think that is the best idea for serious HD gaming, and that is the market they made this console. And this is why I believe it can't compete against the 360 and PS3 in sales, let alone the PS4 and 720 when they are released.

But with this, I don't think these companies know the magic size to not piss us, the hardcore gamers off. So I hope this is just another innacurate rumor.

Chances are, it's going to be somekind of functionality on the back on the controller.

I have to disagree with feels horrible part. I love the feel of the gamepad. I would love to see a touch screen pad for ps4. Im also glad they are ditching dual shock design. 

Around the Network
Rab said:

true innovation, not some dumb gimmick like the wii U

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

BluGamer23 said:
chriscox1121 said:
BluGamer23 said:
oni-link said:

*Breaking news!!!* I got a sneak peek on Sony's next controller!!! C'mon you gotta admit this shit is funny!!!

HELL YES ! that shit is FUNNY! .. until it actually happens! LOL

Sony at e3 "Welcome to the next generation"

Oh shit.. take my money sony!.. you win! and ill buy a vita and 10 memory cards!.. ill even save some more and buy a piece of your building!

I honestly don't know what to think about this rumor, because on the one had a Nintendo fan like me could see the coolness of a controller with a touchscreen, plus Sony has more than a few times copied Nintendo's BETTER ideas, so this could very well turn out to be true. On the other hand, it's laughable to see gamers in here seemingly embracing a rumor, simply because it's a Sony one, while at the same time being displeased with current reality which is the Wii U Gamepad.

Hmm, actually, I hope this turns out to be true so that I will have yet another reason to add to my belief that there is almost no innovation in Sony videogame hardware beyond copying Nintendo. Moreover, it will no doubt cause the PS4 price to skyrocket, which means yet another tough launch for the PS brand - while Nintendo laughs all the way to the bank.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

DaRev said:

I honestly don't know what to think about this rumor, because on the one had a Nintendo fan like me could see the coolness of a controller with a touchscreen, plus Sony has more than a few times copied Nintendo's BETTER ideas, so this could very well turn out to be true. On the other hand, it's laughable to see gamers in here seemingly embracing a rumor, simply because it's a Sony one, while at the same time being displeased with current reality which is the Wii U Gamepad.

Hmm, actually, I hope this turns out to be true so that I will have yet another reason to add to my belief that there is almost no innovation in Sony videogame hardware beyond copying Nintendo. Moreover, it will no doubt cause the PS4 price to skyrocket, which means yet another tough launch for the PS brand - while Nintendo laughs all the way to the bank.

at bold: and you are not the only one to hint at this...what does this even mean? The main complaints about the wiiu does not lie with the gamepad..it's about the seemingly weak hardware and software support. On the other hand we have people jumping into conclusion, with a very vague rumor about a lcd screen on a controller must be = wiiu pad look alike or something which is not the case at all. it's bad enough some of you are ignoring the dreamcast but it's even worse when you can't think of a different form factor for a controller nor focus on the much more interesting bit that is the biometric sensors built in as part of the controller itself. 

This just beyond silly and to be perfectly honestly a bit childish. I sure hope people didn't say omg nintendo how original..copying sega (or apple) again or something when the 'rumors' of the wiiu pad was going around. I feel that your frustrations are misplaced...want to blame someone/something for the negativity around wiiu? Blame Nintendo, aspects such as binding the account to the console it's made, stupid parental control related limitations, drought of games post launch and weak hardware which is most definitely better than ps360 but those are 7 year old consoles. Those were/are the real problems

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

DaRev said:

You seemed like a reasonable poster. I hope you are joking saying things like that. These seem downright childish coming from an adult. Competition is good but wishing that the competitor literally has problems is wishing grief upon your fellow gamers. 

M.U.G.E.N said:
DaRev said:

at bold: and you are not the only one to hint at this...what does this even mean? The main complaints about the wiiu does not lie with the gamepad..it's about the seemingly weak hardware and software support. On the other hand we have people jumping into conclusion, with a very vague rumor about a lcd screen on a controller must be = wiiu pad look alike or something which is not the case at all. it's bad enough some of you are ignoring the dreamcast but it's even worse when you can't think of a different form factor for a controller nor focus on the much more interesting bit that is the biometric sensors built in as part of the controller itself. 

This just beyond silly and to be perfectly honestly a bit childish. I sure hope people didn't say omg nintendo how original..copying sega (or apple) again or something when the 'rumors' of the wiiu pad was going around. I feel that your frustrations are misplaced...want to blame someone/something for the negativity around wiiu? Blame Nintendo, aspects such as binding the account to the console it's made, stupid parental control related limitations, drought of games post launch and weak hardware which is most definitely better than ps360 but those are 7 year old consoles. Those were/are the real problems

First paragraph: Yes, the Wii U will very likely be underpowered considering PS720, however, POWER!!!, doesn’t make good games – and good games trump a consoles power. In this generation there have been many games that look dam good but are an utter crock of shit. So getting upset because a console is underpowered is BS, considering what is really important is whether or not the games are any good – any Nintendo has MORE good games than Sony or MS combined. Yes POWER in a console is important, but that is just one of many considerations, the main one being good games.

As for the Dreamcast, no Nintendo fan I know ever looked at the Dreamcast and said, ‘ha ha what a crap idea’. But you find gamers often saying the same thing about Nintendo, whenever they try to ‘innovate’. That’s the problem I have with many gamers, because it seems as whenever Nintendo does it, it’s crap, but if anyone else does it, it’s cool.

Second paragraph: Yes Nintendo should be blamed for a lot of the hate it gets, however, a lot of that hate is also misplaced I think. For example, if it wasn’t for Nintendo and having a cheaper console alternative in the market, Sony and MS would likely have already been selling us minimum $800 consoles and $400 handhelds. But people simply think let’s shit on Nintendo for making cheap consoles.  Nintendo is not making a cheap or underpowered console, they are giving you a more economical alternative, to Sony and MS! Nintendo is Nintendo and a different company in the videogame industry. Sadly, you can hardly say the same for Sony, as they bring almost nothing to the table other than making what the other guys do better. Now it seems they are rumored to be making the touch screen controller better,...ha, ha, laughable, I wish they would!

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.