By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Develops 45 New Games for Wii

Words Of Wisdom said:

A glance to the past...

It was early 2007 when Nintendo was eager to reassure us that the Wii was indeed getting games.  "We have 45 games in development for the Wii!" Nintendo says happily.  Wii owners cheered.  45 new games to play on our Wiis. 

It is now early 2009.  Did Nintendo keep its promise of 45 new titles for the Wii?  Are we now playing 45 great and amazing Nintendo developed titles?

What do you think?

considering there was no timeframe givin to the 45 titles, and we have 39 known (released and releasing soon) Nintendo published Wii titles, yes Nintendo has kept their promise so far.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
nordlead said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

A glance to the past...

It was early 2007 when Nintendo was eager to reassure us that the Wii was indeed getting games.  "We have 45 games in development for the Wii!" Nintendo says happily.  Wii owners cheered.  45 new games to play on our Wiis. 

It is now early 2009.  Did Nintendo keep its promise of 45 new titles for the Wii?  Are we now playing 45 great and amazing Nintendo developed titles?

What do you think?

considering there was no timeframe givin to the 45 titles, and we have 39 known (released and releasing soon) Nintendo published Wii titles, yes Nintendo has kept their promise so far.

List please.  I was looking for one prior to that post and couldn't find it.

The game database's developer and publisher filters are worthless.

Smashchu said:
Kwaad said:
fooflexible said:

Yeah but most of Sony's stuff leans toward massive experiences, where I wouldn't say most but alot of Nintendo's stuff goes into a far simplier direction, Wii sports type games. I wouldn't even be surprised if they are including a bunch of light downloadable games.

fooflexible - why is Nintendo working on 3x more games than EA... even tho EA is like 10-20x bigger than nintendo.

If there was ever a company designed to churn out games fast... it was EA.

Guys. This is making EA look like they spend TONS of time with their games. 

Is EA aactually bigger then Nintendo? Maybe. I thought they were 2nd to Nintendo

Of course this is typical of Nintendo. Making a banazza of games. But, I think that A)Alot of these are Alphas and they are being planned over the lifespan and B)Some are probobly VC and Wii Sports type games.

Time machines are an amazing thing.Just wish I could log into this account........

I guess a lot of the titles were also Wiiware.

Words Of Wisdom said:

List please.  I was looking for one prior to that post and couldn't find it.

The game database's developer and publisher filters are worthless.

First are the disc based games, which is where I came up with my original number. However, I also removed games released before that statement (which I didn't before) and games that weren't published in all 3 regions by Nintendo, and I don't have any unknown development included, so Kid Icuras or the like are not included. Also, known cancelled games aren't included, so I didn't count Project Hammer. I may have missed some, but this is the best list I could make

I'm not going to do the same for the DS, since it is a lot harder to do that.

EDIT: I forgot 3 disc based games.

Total - 34 games released and known about since April 27th 2007.

Disc Based - 28
Sin & Punishment 2
Punch-Out!!!
Wii Sports Resort
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Metroid Prime 3
Wii Fit
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Link's Crossbow Training
Wario Land: Shake It!
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Endless Ocean
Mario Super Sluggers
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Battalion Wars 2
Wii Music
Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Wii Chess
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
Everyone's General Knowledge Training
Captain Rainbow
Pikmin (remake)
Pikmin 2 (remake)
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (remake)
Another Code: R - Kioku no Tobira
Mario Power Tennis (remake)
Metroid Prime (remake)
Metroid Prime 2 (remake)

Wii Ware - 6
Art Style: ORBIENT
Dr. Mario Online Rx
My Pokemon Ranch
Maboshi's Arcade
Art Style: CUBELLO
Art Style: ROTOHEX

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

No, they didn't release 45 games yet. I'd say they're close after you consider all their retail games, all their WiiWare games, the announced 2009 games and the unannounced games.

I was trying to make a list, but it was a bit difficult so I quit. From what I did gather, there are around 30 released 1st and 2nd party games since 2007. Then you have the "Play on Wii" games + 2009 games like Punch-Out and Wii Sports Resort + the unannounced games like Pikmin 3 and the new Zelda.

If anyone was expecting 45 games on par with Mario or Zelda, then I'm afraid that's a bit unrealistic.

Around the Network
Phendrana said:
No, they didn't release 45 games yet. I'd say they're close after you consider all their retail games, all their WiiWare games, the announced 2009 games and the unannounced games.

I was trying to make a list, but it was a bit difficult so I quit. From what I did gather, there are around 30 released 1st and 2nd party games since 2007. Then you have the "Play on Wii" games + 2009 games like Punch-Out and Wii Sports Resort + the unannounced games like Pikmin 3 and the new Zelda.

If anyone was expecting 45 games on par with Mario or Zelda, then I'm afraid that's a bit unrealistic.

yea, they didn't release 45 games yet, but they never promised on a time frame. Also, check the list I made above. I don't think I missed anything, but you reminded me of Punch-Out!!!, Sin & Punishment 2, and Wii Sports Resort.

nordlead said:
Phendrana said:

yea, they didn't release 45 games yet, but they never promised on a time frame. Also, check the list I made above. I don't think I missed anything, but you reminded me of Punch-Out!!!, Sin & Punishment 2, and Wii Sports Resort.

Nice list. I had WarioWare, Super Paper Mario and Wii Play on mine, but I just noticed they were released before the article.

There are still a few games I'm not sure about like Dynamic Slash and Cosmic Walker. I don't know if they can be included or not.

Phendrana said:
nordlead said:
Phendrana said:

Nice list. I had WarioWare, Super Paper Mario and Wii Play on mine, but I just noticed they were released before the article.

There are still a few games I'm not sure about like Dynamic Slash and Cosmic Walker. I don't know if they can be included or not.

If they are published by Nintendo they should be?

that is cool, as long as i get my new zelda,mario and metroid , maybe donkey kong and its all good. also new baiten kaitos game ( baiten kaitos 2 ), ppl have to realize that the next baiten kaitos game is going to be a sequel so that makes it number 2 in the series, where as baiten kaitos origins was a prequel.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
that is cool, as long as i get my new zelda,mario and metroid , maybe donkey kong and its all good. also new baiten kaitos game ( baiten kaitos 2 ), ppl have to realize that the next baiten kaitos game is going to be a sequel so that makes it number 2 in the series, where as baiten kaitos origins was a prequel.

I think you've been tricked. Read the date.