By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Develops 45 New Games for Wii

I don't think Zelda or Super Paper Mario were small undertakings. And I imagine that Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid are not going to be small either.

EA rehashes most of their stuff over and over, adding incremental improvements with each new version. Nintendo's big games are usually created from the ground up.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network
Kwaad said:
fooflexible said:

Yeah but most of Sony's stuff leans toward massive experiences, where I wouldn't say most but alot of Nintendo's stuff goes into a far simplier direction, Wii sports type games. I wouldn't even be surprised if they are including a bunch of light downloadable games.

fooflexible - why is Nintendo working on 3x more games than EA... even tho EA is like 10-20x bigger than nintendo.

If there was ever a company designed to churn out games fast... it was EA.

Guys. This is making EA look like they spend TONS of time with their games. 

In terms of total worldwide game sales Nintendo and EA are practically equal, in terms of employees EA is (roughly) twice the size of Nintendo ...

On top of that where does your 3 times as many game number come from? Certainly EA said that they were planning to release 15 games for the Wii in 2007 but we really don't know how many games they will be releasing in 2008 or are currently under development; on top of that EA develops games for the PSP, PS2, PS3, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, XBox 360, PC and mobile phones; EA is larger, and devotes less resources to the Wii, because they have to support so many other platforms.

Kwaad said:
fooflexible said:

Yeah but most of Sony's stuff leans toward massive experiences, where I wouldn't say most but alot of Nintendo's stuff goes into a far simplier direction, Wii sports type games. I wouldn't even be surprised if they are including a bunch of light downloadable games.

fooflexible - why is Nintendo working on 3x more games than EA... even tho EA is like 10-20x bigger than nintendo.

We'll see the results in the games, won't we?  Until you can point to a Nintendo game, and say "obviously, this is poor quality," then you really can't talk.

But when three major expected *launch* titles are nowhere to be seen, 6 months down the line, I don't think you can say they rush games.

Honestly, has Nintendo *ever* had a history with poor quality games?  When they release a game that isn't "zOMG AMAZING," it's actually been a hit to their reputation. 

Show me the bad games, and then we'll talk.  Until then, more games = better for gamers.

Kwaad said:
fooflexible said:

Nintendo and EA are about the same size when it comes to sales WW. Nintendo releases a lot of games you may not have even noticed Pokeman color1/color2, Elite Beat Agents and Wii Play.  In terms of Employees EA is bigger than nintendo but nintendo games are designed with smaller teams per title than EA and alwasy has been..Plus Nintendo has some good contracts with graphic design schools.

Also bear in mind EA programs for 3 consoles at any time and so they have 3 teams for each titles..At least that is the way they did it when I worked for Visual Concepts(NFL 2K4-NFL2K5)

This is really not that much that qualitiy of those games could become a problem i think. i guess nintendo has between ten and twenty studios, and some of them have more than one team so all those games together are not more than two games per team.

i remember a few months ago somebody made up a list with all studios of nintendo and what titles they are probably developing for the wii. it would really be nice if we could compare those 45 games now with the games we had on this list!

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

Leave it to Kwaad to go from saying the Wii has no games to now Nintendo is making too many games.

Nintendo is after EA the 2nd largest Software producer in the world... They might have a smaller team then Sony has today, but they output more, sell more and have more quality

(Now Sony fans are gonna say, GoW I & II And GT are surfacing that...) But thats not true:

Metroid.

Mario.

Zelda.

Kid Icarus.

Super smash bros.

Mario kart.

Zelda

All those games are amongst the most honored and beloved games in the world and almost every nintendo game is rated above  80%... That says something about quality right there... And with this output and their massive Hardcore fanbase they aren't going to stop making Mario's and Zelda's and Metroid's... And YES THEY WILL REMAIN HARDCORE GAMEPLAYWISE...         Nintendo isn't fokin stupid.....

THE NETHERLANDS

StarcraftManiac said:

Kid Icarus.

I'd personally remove kid icarus from that list. One game that sold under 2 million (more than half of it in Japan) and barely thought about until his name came up in Brawl.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

You guys DO realize that these 124 games are NOT all US releases, right? US will probably see about 20-25 of those.

Nintendo has hit a Jackpot in Japan using the DS for edutainment with the Training series. They are churning out titles for training like mad, just look at thos Japanese sales charts. They don't sell that much (20-30k per title), but they are so cheap to make that they are just churning them out. I'm sure that there is probably a similar cottage industry for the Wii.

As for the US, Nintendo tends to publish the larger and higher profile titles. Nowhere near the number of titles that are released in Japan

here is a list of nintendo "near future" reliase games, I count 16, so the number 45 is now 29(unknow titles).

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d