By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ni No Kuni gets a 9.4 from IGN. Surprised?

Xenoblade is imo waaay better.

Around the Network
Piernik said:

Seriously?

This is what you said in another thread: "Sony is run by a bunch of monkeys. How could they created something as bad as ps3? this post has been moderated by axumblade. ..."

Why do you do this?

Turkish said:
Piernik said:

Seriously?

This is what you said in another thread: "Sony is run by a bunch of monkeys. How could they created something as bad as ps3? this post has been moderated by axumblade. ..."

Why do you do this?

Just ignore.

Piernik said:

First, I doubt you even played Ni No Kuni to even have a valid opinion on the matter and second, who cares? This isn't a comparison thread.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

dont read reviews but whats up with difficulty? Is it challenging?

Around the Network

This could be another critically acclaimed game. Anyway, it got the gold award from gamesmaster and a final score of 95%. nice! Maybe it will have a metacrtic above 90

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Xxain said:
dont read reviews but whats up with difficulty? Is it challenging?

From the reviews it seems that the difficulty ramps up when facing bosses. It was enough to frustrate the GameInformer reviewer to the point where the game got a 7/10. Says she "cursed at a few cheap boss battles".

It was also evident that she didn't play long though if you read the review. Maybe she couldn't handle it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Thats a major plus in my book. I tired of easy JRPG's. I wanna cuss and scream at bosses

I was hyped about this game before, but now my hype level has gone OVER 9000!!!!

After reading the reviews I really can't wait to play this game. Hope to get it soon.

brendude13 said:
the_dengle said:

"The way IGN has been towards JRPGs this generation"? You mean... generous? Not sure why you would be surprised.

Halo: Reach - 10
Uncharted 3 - 10

Tales of Vesperia - 8.2

Hardly.

8.2 is a great score. I don't know Vesperia, but even if it's a legit 10/10, you shouldn't hold a grudge over a single game. Anyway, 8.2 is three points above the game's Metascore, so IGN graded it higher than most.

FFXIII -- 8.9
FFXIII-2 -- 8.0
Xenoblade -- 9.0
The Last Story -- 8.5
Pokémon Black & White -- 9.0
Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 -- 9.6
The World Ends With You -- 9.0
SMT: Devil Survivor -- 8.7
Valkyria Chronicles -- 9.0
Dragon Quest V -- 8.9
Folklore -- 9.0
Radiant Historia -- 8.5
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time -- 9.0
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story -- 9.5

IGN scored many other JRPGs with an 8 or higher this generation. I see no overwhelming bias against the genre in their reviews. If there is a lack of 9.5-10s, maybe it's because this wasn't the best generation ever for the JRPG as a whole.