Quilladin 464 71.27%

Braixen 17 2.61%

Frogadier 12 1.84%

see results 11 1.69%

Total:504
Metrium said:
haxxiy said:
Metrium said:
So Mega Kangaskhan is just regular Kangaskhan with it's baby out of her pouch? Lame... Soooo lame lol.

Also I was afraid of Mega Pokémon becoming the obvious choices and making all other pokémon w/o a Mega evolution obsolete. But now that apparantly you can only have one, it makes me feel alot better about the concept. You will have a small choice of Mega pokémons and you will have to choose one out of that list depending on your preference and need (obviously Mewtwo), meanwhile all other 5pokémons on your party will be chosen normaly. I hope that it's one mega pokémon in the party and not in the battle. Make it that you can only have 1 pokémon equipped with a mega stone in the party, otherwise I still see having all 6 pokémons with a mega evolution in the party an option and make only one evolve per battle depending of the situation...

I still think giving Blaziken a mega and ignoring the othjer 2 gen3 pokémons is rly a dicky move. I hope it's not the case and announce megas for the other 2 aswell.

Lame looks, but pretty overpowered, since its ability basically increases Kangaskhan's attacks to Deoxys levels while also doubling its chance of critically hit, disable a substitute, bypass focus sash etc.

Anyways, as for the Blaziken thing, GameFreak always favored the fire type starters. That's nothing new.

Yeah, pretty OP. They should balance it in a way that the Baby's attack should be half the adult's attack. Since it makes no sense that the baby can hit as hard as the adult lol. It would still be a boost to 1.5x it's normal form so he would still be considered really strong. But hopefully they can give other ways to balance it. Obviously 2attacks means more chance of crit, but also more chance of a miss... Also, hopefully 2attacks would mean that twice the dmg received when under poison and twice the chance of hitting itself in confusion.

And for the fire starters, you are right and it always annoyed me. All 3 starters should always be equal not only in strength but in attention that they are receiving.

@Einsam: I know they were never equal. I don't remember seeing alot of ppl using Raticates back in red/blue. + the legendarys always had a huge advantage, so many ppl were using 6 legendarys in their party (or 5 +their starter). But atleast, someone who REALLY wanted to use a Raticate could train it enough for it to be viable (maybe not in end game tournaments but enough to be competetive among friends and ''normal'' players). They have always been the 2categories of pokémons, the legendaries and the others. Now their will be 3 with the mega pokémons, all this combined will make soooo many pokémons obsolete. Kingdra used to be really good, so was Tentacruel, now maybe ppl will drop them in favor of megas. My fear was that the game would be balanced in a way that we would only have place for legendaries and megas in our party, forcing us to drop every other pokémons. Now my fears of this are kinda gone since we know that you can only use one mega.

And I know they have never been all equal, but personally, I think in a dream world they should be, it will obviously never happen but megas are not helping. And no matter what you say, I will always think that starters SHOULD always be equal NOT MATTER what. And untill proven otherwise, Blaziken so far has the advantage over the other 2 and this is not ok.

That's why tiers exist. 

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Tier

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Hmm

With Blaziken being a event pokemon for X/Y release...could..this..mean.........BLAZIKEN FOR SMASH BROS 4 FOR THE 3DS!??!?!

Day 1.

Dont count on it lol

lol wait, we have an official thread and a news thread. oh and my fave Mega is Kangaskhan, ive always wanted the baby to join in

Metrium said:

Yeah, pretty OP. They should balance it in a way that the Baby's attack should be half the adult's attack. Since it makes no sense that the baby can hit as hard as the adult lol. It would still be a boost to 1.5x it's normal form so he would still be considered really strong. But hopefully they can give other ways to balance it. Obviously 2attacks means more chance of crit, but also more chance of a miss... Also, hopefully 2attacks would mean that twice the dmg received when under poison and twice the chance of hitting itself in confusion.

And for the fire starters, you are right and it always annoyed me. All 3 starters should always be equal not only in strength but in attention that they are receiving.

@Einsam: I know they were never equal. I don't remember seeing alot of ppl using Raticates back in red/blue. + the legendarys always had a huge advantage, so many ppl were using 6 legendarys in their party (or 5 +their starter). But atleast, someone who REALLY wanted to use a Raticate could train it enough for it to be viable (maybe not in end game tournaments but enough to be competetive among friends and ''normal'' players). They have always been the 2categories of pokémons, the legendaries and the others. Now their will be 3 with the mega pokémons, all this combined will make soooo many pokémons obsolete. Kingdra used to be really good, so was Tentacruel, now maybe ppl will drop them in favor of megas. My fear was that the game would be balanced in a way that we would only have place for legendaries and megas in our party, forcing us to drop every other pokémons. Now my fears of this are kinda gone since we know that you can only use one mega.

And I know they have never been all equal, but personally, I think in a dream world they should be, it will obviously never happen but megas are not helping. And no matter what you say, I will always think that starters SHOULD always be equal NOT MATTER what. And untill proven otherwise, Blaziken so far has the advantage over the other 2 and this is not ok.

They haven't said it's the infant that uses the second move. to me it looks more like kangashkan attacks twice thanks to the will of protecting her daughter.

video of Mega Kangaskhan's reveal

Around the Network
Metrium said:

It doesn't really need to make sense for the attacks to be equal haha. What's the sense on Endeavor, Magic Room and others, after all?

ktay95 said:
lol wait, we have an official thread and a news thread.

Atleast these clone threads are of a good topic. :L

haxxiy said:
Metrium said:

It doesn't really need to make sense for the attacks to be equal haha. What's the sense on Endeavor, Magic Room and others, after all?

Lol, I know alot of things in pokémon does'nt make sense, and it's fine that way. But it's more of a balancing issue. Hitting every move you do twice sounds unbelievably overpowered, the second attack hitting for half imo would balance this while still beeing really strong. The fact that it does make sense for the baby to hit half it's mother is hitting a second bird with 1stone :)

But I also heard now that the baby does'nt attack and it's the mother that's hitting twice. If it's true, I think it's a missed opportunity, making the baby more involved into the battle would be awsome :P

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

In The Games Department

Pokémon XY - Demo

During the Pokémon Game Show, it was shown thanks to a picture from a Twitter user, that the method of Mega Evolution is through a simple button in the attack interface when your Pokémon has the Mega Stone attached to it. In the demo, you also ride on a Skiddo in a route and seen riding a Rhyhorn. In it, you also battle Professor Sycamore, where you use Mega Evolution, and battle Shauna & the other playable character. Fennekin has the moves Psybeam, Flame Charge, Fire Spin and Tail Whip. The Mega Evolution battle has you face off against Chandelure, Dragonite and Crobat with Mega Mewtwo. Helioptile has Tail Whip, Thundershock, Quick Attack & Parabolic Charge. Sylveon has Swift, Quick Attack, Fairy Wind & Tail Whip. Froakie has Water Pulse, Quick Attack, Lick and Round.
In the demo, you start off with Alexa telling you to go see Professor Sycamore. On your way there, you battle the rival, with a time limit. Once you get to Professor Sycamore, he will give you Mewtwo and teach you about Mega Evolution, which is just done by a tap of a button with a move the same turn, and he'll then battle you. After the battle, a video runs of the game. It is also said that running is default due to the analogue stick, with you having to press the B Button to walk
03:53: In the Pokémon Amie feature, there are three stats listed for your Pokémon. Friendliness, Hunger and Play. It's currently unclear whether these features affect gameplay. The sweets you obtain for it are called Pofure.
04:00: As always, there are also Pokémon on the field, and the character kneels down to encounter them
We're still getting more information so keep your eyes peeled on the site. Image thanks to raim2005
04:05: Finally, at the end of a sizzle reel, a picture of a battle with graphics different to X & Y was showcased
Edit @ 08:00: Some minor more demo details have come. First, it appears Mega Mewtwo doesn't have an increase in Hit Points. Also, non-Kalos Pokémon such as Skitty and Exeggutor make an appearance in the overworld. Fairy-type moves are also not very effective on Fire-type Pokémon

Pokémon X & Y Demo Pokémon X & Y Demo Pokémon X & Y Demo
Pokémon X & Y Demo Pokémon X & Y Demo Pokémon X & Y Demo
Pokemon X & Y Demo
Pokémon Mysterious Footage

In The Games Department

Pokémon X & Y - English Names & Screenshots

Following their reveal over the last few days, The Pokémon Company has sent out a press release giving even more Mega Evolutions their details. This specifically focuses upon Mega Ampharos, Mega Absol &Mega Mawile. It also reveals that Mega Mawile's Defense and Special Defense stats are increase. All details have been added to our Mega Evolutions page. Many new screenshots were also released and have been added to our pre-release screenshot page. Click the image to go to the page.

They have also revealed that the 2014 World Championships will be held in Washington D.C. Finally, it confirms that the Torchic distribution will run until the same day as in Japan, January 15th 2014

New Footage

Pokémon X & Y - Pokémon Global Link

Recently, the official site has updated with the full look at the upcoming Pokémon Global Link that was previously on the notice site, following on from the look at the timeline that we previously had. This appearance showcases the various new features of the Pokémon Global Link, including photos, a timeline and details of various battles. It changes in colour between Pokémon X & Pokémon Y.

In this statement, it showcases a Battle Competition called the Kalos Cup and states all participants get a special Pikachu. It's unclear if this will actually exist within the Global Link when it opens

Pokémon X & Y Global Link

In The Games Department

Pokémon X & Y - Japanese Experience Events

Following on from the game demo at Pokémon Game Show this coming weekend in Japan, and the demo in Gamescom in Germany next week, The Pokémon Company has announced even more experience events, and also confirmed that the demo will focus upon Mega Evolution. On August 20th and 21st, the games will be playable in Aeon Malls in Ishinomaki, South Niigata, Kasukabe, Dainichi and Lake Town Mori. On August 24th and 25th, it'll be playable in the Aeon Malls in Hassamu Sapporo, Fujinomiya, Takanohara, Kurashiki and Haebary. Finally, on August 31st and September 1st, it'll be playable at the Aeon Mall Musashi Murayama in Tokyo, and the Aeon Mall in Fukuoka. We'll provide details on this demo this weekend

Pokémon X & Y - Soundtrack Details

The full details on the upcoming Pokémon X & Y soundtrack have been revealed. While it's to be released on iTunes in the west, Japan is also getting a retail release on November 13th 2013 for 2625 Yen. The CD has 212 tracks that last for over 3 and a half hours. It, and the 3DS, are said to deliver sharper, higher quality, more realistic sound. It comes with a 28 page book with details on development and background on the tracks. It also has some special bonus tracks

Pokémon X & Y Soundtrack

In The Games Department

Pokémon XY - Official Demo Screenshots

Following on from the demo within the Pokémon Game Show, The Pokémon Company have iussued several official screenshots to be used in writeups about the demo. These screenshots showcase various parts of the game including Pokémon such as Fletchling being available in the field, riding Skiddo and the Mega Evolution battle featuring Mega Mewtwo. Check the previous update for full details on the demo

Edit @ 16:00: Some new abilities of various Pokémon have been made clear. Litleo has the Unnerve ability, Helioptile has the Dry Skin ability, and Sylveon has the Cute Charm ability

Screenshots

http://www.serebii.net/xy/pics.shtml

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

In The Games Department
Pokémon X & Y - Pokémon Direct

Following the information from the Pokémon Direct, the official release has provided new details on the Pokémon. Mega Venusaur has the ability Thick Fat, Mega Charizard has the ability Drought and Mega Blastoise has the ability Mega Launcher which boosts its moves. It also confirmed that you will need to obtain a bracelet called the Mega Ring that holds a mysterious stone called a Key Stone. The Trainer’s Key Stone resonates with the Mega Stone held by his or her Pokémon. In addition to that, various screenshots were added. Our Mega Evolutions page was also updated
It was also revealed that Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter prevent hacked Pokémon from transferring and work with multiple copies of the games. Check the image to go to the pre-release screenshot page.
Pokémon Bank, and with it Poké Transporter, for sale in Japan on December 25th for 500¥ a year with a trial until January 31st where you have to pay afterwards.
Edit @ 13:19: Created a section for Pokémon Bank
Edit @ 13:25: Created a page for Poké Transporter
Edit @ 13:31: Updated the Special Edition Console Page
Edit @ 13:45: Pokémon Bank is to be released in Europe on December 27th 2013
Edit @ 14:29: A new Pokémon is spotted for a split second in the Nintendo Direct

Pokemon Direct

New Footage

In The Games Department

Pokémon X & Y - Pokémon Direct

The Pokémon Direct is to air in thirty minutes and will reveal the latest information from the games, Pokémon X & Pokémon Y. It is to last 20 minutes and you can watch it here. However, we will be live updating this page with everything so be sure to keep checking back, including screenshots and assets right after the Pokémon Direct.

12:02: A run down of the history of the games connectivity Pokémon Bank is Cloud Storage app for 3DS. It allows for 100 boxes to be stored on the internet. Pokémon transporter includes connectivity to DS games. Pokémon can be sent to the cloud and then transferred to Pokémon X & Y. Poké Transporter comes when you purchase Pokémon Bank.

The cloud storage idea came during the development of Pokémon Crystal. Pokémon Bank requires an annual fee You will receive Kanto Starters from Sycamore. They Mega Evolve Special Red & Blue Nintendo 3DS XL have been announced for North America and Europe. They will be released on September 27th

Pokemon Direct

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml