By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So am i the only one who hated the stealth segments of Arkham City?

I didn't enjoy them when I was doing them, but afterwards, it felt good. To win, you just have to outsmart them!

In the first game, I mostly just stuck to dropping from gargoyles to take them out and the bit at the end with the explosives made me stop breathing for about 15 mins because it was just tense as I was having to sneak around on the floor.

In this game, you just have to be pro-active and use all your tools. First, just go around the gargoyles and work out roughly where the enemies are going and try and isolate one and take him out with a glide kick-beat down. If you can't isolate any, then you can just make a distraction to move them away and get one from behind and so on...

I wouldn't call them fun, but they aren't cheap, they just require patience and thought

As for the melee, I won't have a single word said against that, it is amazing. The later enemies can be a bit annoying, but it would be too easy if they weren't there. But that is like the predator, you basically just have to keep your combo going, jumping over people, countering and waiting for the opportunity to punch or combo kill, it is just great fun, no other melee systems come close

Having said that, I didn't love the game, I am not very good at stealth and I don't really love Batman, the plot lost me somewhat with all the obscure Batman references

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
That's the 'best' part of that game gameplay wise. If you take that out the game would actually suck for me ...the traversal was REALLY boring and the melee was well done but it was button smash galore and I found it to be rather boring and repetitive

I loved melee. Flowed beautifully, but also could be challenging without being cheap as fuck like the stealth segments.

The bosses, meanwhile, i found to be a little too easy

I loved the stealth segments, they were hard, but I kicked ass once I got the hang of it. Wait for one of the guys to be far enough away from the group, swoop down, kick his ass, drop smoke, zip back up to a vantage point ("Where'd he go"). This is the essence of 'being' batman. It got easier once I got the disarm feature and could remotely jam some of the guns in the vicinity first. Batclaw and Batarang also help to get the job done.

Player1x3 said:
darkknightkryta said:
Player1x3 said:
My only problem with the game were sidequests...whoever made up arkham city sidequest system should be punched in the face with a brick. They appear randomly on map, and you can only finish them by doing the story and PRAYING that they appear somewhere on the map during the way. Sometimes, the continuous tasks don't even appear on map and you have to RESTART the game HOPING that they show up...its ridiculous

side quests show up on the map after you single out a Riddler man during combat and interrogating him.

And how do i do that ?

About halfway through the game you'll see a side quest in the cathedral (The one where Harley was in), Riddler set up a base in there and wants you to solve riddles.  Some riddle/cutscene later you'll get the ability to find Riddler's men in detective mode (They're highlighted green).  When you fight people on the street, leave them for last and you'll get an option to interrogate them (Triangle, Y button).  Riddler stuff will show up on the map after that, the more people you find, the more riddles show up.  There are other side quests, one involves searching for a man and throwing a batarang at him (This is more difficult as he doesn't show up on the map), Bane's side quest (Shows up on map after talking to him), political prisoners (You'll hear them crying for help, look for them in detective mode), Dead shot side quests (Should show up on map during the story), the bandage man side quest (Have to find people who were killed on the street and have had their faces bandaged).

Khuutra said:
Mr Khan said:

Seriously. Sans stealth segments, the game would easily be top 50 material. With stealth segments? Blecch. There were only a few that didn't kill me at least five times or more, and never a one where it was possible to actually do it all stealth. Whoever i took down first would immediately lead to me getting caught in most cases, and then you just die, die, die.

You took Force Storm again, didn't you?

I warned you about this shit, you have to plan ahead

Different problem in this case. My Leeroy Jenkins tendencies.

Funnily enough, i enjoyed the fight against Two-Face as Catwoman, even though that was an entire fight that revolved around that premise. Mostly because it was about pouncing, whittling his health a little, then whisking away, and i didn't actually have to worry about the other guys

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

edit: in ps3 i jump kick from a gargoile then i push triangule to finish them fast and fly again to a gargoile to not get spoted, hope i helped you.

Yeah, this would be why you were failing at it.

You're not supposed to be using ground takedowns at all, except maybe on the final enemy on the room. You can see people through walls. You can walk on the floor. You can walk under the floor, and use vents, and knock people out through windows.

You shouldn't be on the gargoyles unless you're escaping.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

yep the above suggestions are correct. And also you need to be patient and watch. The guards may take their sweet ass time but they will definitely disperse ..target the loners first

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!