By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC techies i summon you!!!

Techies come and share your opinion
Im looking for a notebook size PC, but i want it to be as powerful as it can be, no matter which pricepoint

Ive been looking on the internet and ive found the Alienware 14 R2

Opinions?

Around the Network

lol big fail
COME ON!

hmmm hello?

If you really have to get a notebook then yeah alienwares look really nice but you will be paying a premium. I'd buy a used one just to save money

SpartenOmega117 said:
If you really have to get a notebook then yeah alienwares look really nice but you will be paying a premium. I'd buy a used one just to save money

thanks for posting

Around the Network

I am not techie per say but notebook/laptop are not the best for gaming. You could built a separate pc and get an ultrabook for the price of one of those gaming alienware laptop's. If you have made your mind than those alienware ones have quite good specs.

Here is list of top 10 done by pcgamer. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2020688,00.asp

green_sky said:
I am not techie per say but notebook/laptop are not the best for gaming. You could built a separate pc and get an ultrabook for the price of one of those gaming alienware laptop's. If you have made your mind than those alienware ones have quite good specs.

Here is list of top 10 done by pcgamer. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2020688,00.asp

thanks, that was useful, the Maingear Pulse 11 looks great!

pezus said:
First rule of PC gaming: Never buy Alienware

why?

Bump this thread one more time and I'm locking it. This isn't the most active of the subforums and you are not in such a hurry that you can't wait 20 minutes for a response.

Rule 2 of laptop gaming is not to buy an Alienware.
Rule 1 of laptop gaming is not to buy a gaming laptop.

But if you must, I would recommend something by Samsung, which will probably end up north of $1000. It depends on what you want to play.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

sager np9150 with 680m or 7970m