By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC techies i summon you!!!

GodzApostle said:
sager np9150 with 680m or 7970m

thanks, that looks awesome, i hope isnt as expensive as it looks to be

Around the Network

Why does it have to be a laptop?
But if I had to get a gaming laptop, I'd go for Samsung or MSI. Not Alienware. Not at all.

I would buy asus G74SX.
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G74SX/#specifications

Build a gaming pc (its easy) and buy a new ipad. Will run you about a $1000 and you will have a decent gaming rig and the best tablet.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

pezus said:
DieAppleDie said:
pezus said:
First rule of PC gaming: Never buy Alienware

why?

Because you're paying way too much for the brand name alone (and looks I guess...). You can get as good gaming laptops for much less. My #1 recommendation though would be to buy a pure PC instead of a laptop. Do you really need a laptop?

Name me 1 advantige PC has over a laptop.

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
pezus said:
DieAppleDie said:
pezus said:

why?

Because you're paying way too much for the brand name alone (and looks I guess...). You can get as good gaming laptops for much less. My #1 recommendation though would be to buy a pure PC instead of a laptop. Do you really need a laptop?

Well, let's go the other way around, shall we?

The only advantage a laptop has over a desktop PC is the portability. 

Player1x3 said:
pezus said:
DieAppleDie said:
pezus said:

why?

cooling and failure rate i guess but i want it to be portable, i already own a mid range PC

Hynad said:
Player1x3 said:
pezus said:
DieAppleDie said:
pezus said:

why?

Well, let's go the other way around, shall we?

The only thing a laptop has over a desktop , PC is the portability. 

Ha, nice spin argument 

pezus said:
Player1x3 said:
pezus said:
DieAppleDie said:
pezus said:

why?

Huh, a better question would be: Name me 1 disadvantage of PCs over laptops (portability excluded).

Price

Player1x3 said:
pezus said:
DieAppleDie said:
pezus said:

why?

One could compile a list the size of a phonebook containing advantages. How about access to desktop graphics cards which are considerably better than the mobile versions? That's a big consideration when one wants to play games.