By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zarx's unofficial The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt hype thread - February 24th, 2015 - New Trailer

Should I update the OP?

Yes do it now 35 62.50%

Just wait and update it closer to release 8 14.29%

No no one bothers reading... 6 10.71%

No, you suck and I don't... 5 8.93%

Total:54
zarx said:
JEMC said:
45 minutes! As much as I want the game, I think I'll pass. 10, maybe 15 min would be ok, but more than that becomes boring.

It's probably another behind closed doors demo like last year's E3. I doubt they will be putting it out for everyone to watch. There probably will be another gameplay trailer tho. Most likely to debue during the MS event again.

So you think it will be a "look how we play the game for you and then you tell how awesome it is to your readers" kind of press-only demo :-/.

I never trust those kind of previews because we don't know what the devs are hiding. I'll wait for some real hands-on previews and then the actual reviews.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

You know, you can go ahead and make this official if you like (I'm not really sure what the difference is between an unofficial and official thread anyway, but this counts as mod permission).

And I personally think a 45 minute gameplay demo sounds amazing. It makes it that much harder to cherrypick the one bit of the game they've got working and actually indicates that most of the game might be of that quality.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
You know, you can go ahead and make this official if you like (I'm not really sure what the difference is between an unofficial and official thread anyway, but this counts as mod permission).

And I personally think a 45 minute gameplay demo sounds amazing. It makes it that much harder to cherrypick the one bit of the game they've got working and actually indicates that most of the game might be of that quality.

The unofficial thing is kinda a little inside joke that started when I did the Witcher 2 thread, as other people do official threads I thought it would be cute to do unofficial instead. As let's face it unlike NeoGAF that actually has some kind of system to their "OT" threads where people have to claim each game and have a central thread where it's tracked who is doing what making the official part actually mean something. This forum doesn't really care, and it's open season on this shit. And now I like to think of it as my calling card.

yeah I tend to overthink inconsequential things like that

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Kantor said:

Not really.

Given that it will be the devs who will play it, it's up to them to decide how to play the game. From example they can choose the way to go from point A to point B, but why do they do it whis way? They may say that they go on foot to show the environment, but it could also be that the horse or boat ones simply aren't done yet. Or why they kill using the sword and only 1 kind of magic, (maybe because the others don't work yet?), etc.

Simply put, with an eyes-on demo developers only show what they want and how they want, which may or may not represent how the final game will behave.

That said, CDProject so far has always delivered, albeit not always when the game launched, so I have confidence in them.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Kantor said:

Not really.

Given that it will be the devs who will play it, it's up to them to decide how to play the game. From example they can choose the way to go from point A to point B, but why do they do it whis way? They may say that they go on foot to show the environment, but it could also be that the horse or boat ones simply aren't done yet. Or why they kill using the sword and only 1 kind of magic, (maybe because the others don't work yet?), etc.

Simply put, with an eyes-on demo developers only show what they want and how they want, which may or may not represent how the final game will behave.

That said, CDProject so far has always delivered, albeit not always when the game launched, so I have confidence in them.

I just hope they launch with a tutorial this time. I think I was four hours into Witcher 2 before I even learned that I could block.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:

I just hope they launch with a tutorial this time. I think I was four hours into Witcher 2 before I even learned that I could block.

You didn't read those popups that told you the basic mechanics while you were already being shot at and dissapeared if you moved?

They said they are putting a lot more attention into making the game more accessible to newcomers this time around in terms of lore and gameplay. So given that they already added a tutorial to 2 in the enhanced edition I doubt they will go backwards.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

zarx said:
Kantor said:

You didn't read those popups that told you the basic mechanics while you were already being shot at and dissapeared if you moved?

They said they are putting a lot more attention into making the game more accessible to newcomers this time around in terms of lore and gameplay. So given that they already added a tutorial to 2 in the enhanced edition I doubt they will go backwards.

That's why I didn't bought the game at launch. Intead I waited for the "polished" version to come out to save me problems.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – New Details To Be Unveiled During CD Projekt RED’s Summer Conference

CD Projekt RED revealed today that more details about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be unveiled during the company’s Summer Conference. Leading the fight against DRM and DLC evildoing, the studio’s co-founder and conference host Marcin Iwi?ski will join forces with the GOG.com team to bring you some very exciting news about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and the future of GOG.com. Continue reading

@TheVoxelman on twitter

That will be interesting to follow. And I hope they also give us new details of Cyberpunk 2077.

heres a present