By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zarx's unofficial The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt hype thread - February 24th, 2015 - New Trailer

Should I update the OP?

Yes do it now 35 62.50%

Just wait and update it closer to release 8 14.29%

No no one bothers reading... 6 10.71%

No, you suck and I don't... 5 8.93%

Total:54

Well they did port the games to iMac and did pay for the port of W1, so it's not like they are against porting. I think that a W1 and 2 port (maybe on the W3 engine?) after Cyberpunk would be a nice quick project and cashgrab before they are ready with their next big project. I expect this gen to be full of last gen remakes and I think Witchers will also eventually come to PS4One (hopefully Vita too), just not anytime soon.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
Scisca said:
Well they did port the games to iMac and did pay for the port of W1, so it's not like they are against porting. I think that a W1 and 2 port (maybe on the W3 engine?) after Cyberpunk would be a nice quick project and cashgrab before they are ready with their next big project. I expect this gen to be full of last gen remakes and I think Witchers will also eventually come to PS4One (hopefully Vita too), just not anytime soon.

Well ports from Windows to Mac/Linux are one thing. You can do that with 2-4 programmers a under six months. Moving to current consoles would mean moving to a new engine which since the pipeline is completly different (how assets are built, physics, animations and how levels and level streaming is handled) would mean basically a remake rather than a straight port. It took a team of 40+ people 8 months to get The Witcher 2 onto the X360 and they made major engine and content changes to do it, I don't think the Vita could handle the game TBH not without major reworking of the game anyway. They already had a 3rd project (they called it a AA project compared to TW3 and Cyberpunk which they called AAA+) semi announced and scheduled for Q4 2013 that was seemingly put on hold so that they could put more people on TW3 so they will probably revive that. And most likely after TW3 be making another Witcher game staring Ciri (a female Witcher Geralt trains in the books) and Cyberpunk is a huge project that they already pulled people off to finish TW3, so they have plenty of work to get on with.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

The Witcher 3 preview: how to build an RPG with 36 endings

1 Comments
Samuel Roberts at 01:51 on 02 May 2014

Four quest designers worked on the original Witcher. Its more refined sequel had six. The conclusion to the trilogy, which promises 100 hours of content and a 50-hour story, has more than doubled that. “We have about 14, I think,” says lead quest designer Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz.

Nor have CD Projekt Red simply padded out The Witcher 3’s Skyrim-exceeding open world with unimaginative busywork. They’ve systematically banished fetch quests from the game—or, at least, as much as a team can when making a highfantasy RPG. It’s one of the ways the Polish developers are refining their identity through the creation of The Witcher 3, where quest and narrative design is being meticulously worked and reworked right up until release. The philosophy is, if you need to have a fetch quest, make sure the story does a damn good job of hiding it.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

New logos for both The Witcher 3 and CD Projekt RED

@TheVoxelman on twitter

lol, that looks like some kind of Pokemon .

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Witcher 3 dev vows: "no exclusive content for any platform"

Last year Microsoft featured The Witcher 3 on the biggest gaming stage: a platform-holder E3 conference at a time when both big new consoles were unreleased. There couldn't have been a clearer statement that this game was a big deal.

E3 2014 is nearly upon us now, and there's talk that CD Projekt Red - and The Witcher 3 - will be on stage again. "Hopefully," said company co-founder Marcin Iwinski, talking to me in Poland recently.

But whose stage, and why?

It's no secret that exclusives are gold at the beginning of a new console cycle. But whereas Sony tends to look to inwards to a solid stable of internal studios, moneybags Microsoft tends to spend. And it needs to spend to propel Xbox One out of its rut.

Is CD Projekt Red about to announce a Witcher 3 exclusivity deal with one of the platform holders?

"We are treating all gamers equally"

Marcin Iwinski

"We are treating all gamers equally," Iwinski answered me.

"We'll not deliver exclusive content to any of the platforms, nor will we artificially delay release of the game on any of the platforms because somebody's paying us money for that. It's definitely against our values. We are not doing that."

And breathe.

"What we are doing in terms of marketing cooperation," he added, "you'll see that at E3."

Iwinski also suggested we have more to learn about online connectivity in The Witcher 3. There's, hands down, no multiplayer, and we knew that, but it sounds like there could be some kind of social sharing online.

"We will be talking about it when the time comes," he said, which could mean E3. "It's too early right now."

The Witcher will be a rare next-gen-only multiplatform game when it comes out in February 2015. CD Projekt Red decided to forego the installed-base safety net of PS3 and Xbox 360 in order not to compromise what could be achieved on the new machines. What does being a next-gen RPG really mean? Last autumn I asked CD Projekt Red the same thing.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-14-witcher-3-dev-vows-no-exclusive-content-for-any-platform

@TheVoxelman on twitter

^Thank God for that!

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – 45 Minutes Gameplay Preview Event Scheduled For E3

CD Projekt RED has informed us about its E3 plans. According to the company, a 45 minutes gameplay preview event is scheduled for this year’s E3, in which the Polish company will show off a new scene/sequence from its title. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is currently planned for an early 2015 release and promises to be one of the best RPGs to date. Enjoy the teaser image and stay tuned for more! Continue reading

@TheVoxelman on twitter

45 minutes! As much as I want the game, I think I'll pass. 10, maybe 15 min would be ok, but more than that becomes boring.

JEMC said:
45 minutes! As much as I want the game, I think I'll pass. 10, maybe 15 min would be ok, but more than that becomes boring.

It's probably another behind closed doors demo like last year's E3. I doubt they will be putting it out for everyone to watch. There probably will be another gameplay trailer tho. Most likely to debue during the MS event again.

@TheVoxelman on twitter