By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zarx's unofficial The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt hype thread - February 24th, 2015 - New Trailer

Should I update the OP?

Yes do it now 35 62.50%

Just wait and update it closer to release 8 14.29%

No no one bothers reading... 6 10.71%

No, you suck and I don't... 5 8.93%

Total:54

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

@TheVoxelman on twitter

The Witcher 3: Two Areas Are Over 52 Square Miles by Themselves; 3.5 Times Larger than Skyrim’s Map

by Giuseppe Nelva (12 hours ago) 16

CD Projekt Red and Umbra Software held a presentation titled “Solving Visibility and Streaming in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with Umbra 3“ at the Game Developers Conference, and it included a very interesting detail (that I happened to overlook when I first examined the original slides) as discovered by Reddit user fughp.

The slides mention the size of two of the areas included in the game: the city of Novigrad measures 8.5 x 8.5 km for a total size of 72,25 square km, while Skellige is 8 x 8 km, meaning 64 square km. Summed up, the two areas cover 136,25 square km, which convert to just north of 52 square miles.

By comparison, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim‘s world has been calculated to measure 14.8 square miles. This means that the two areas named above are already over 3.5 times larger than the whole Skyrim map.

This is actually fairly interesting since back in June CD Projekt RED described The Witcher 3 as 20% larger than Bethesda’s open world game. We currently don’t know if that was just a preliminary estimate, or the Witcher‘s world just got bigger since then.

We reached out to CD Projekt RED requesting information to shed light on the issue, and we’ll keep you updated if we receive any relevant answer. In the meanwhile one thing is for sure: the world of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is pretty damn big.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/03/the-witcher-3-two-of-the-areas-are-over-52-square-miles-by-themselves-3-5-times-larger-than-skyrim/

@TheVoxelman on twitter

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Rumor: The Witcher 3 Running At 900p on PS4 & 720p on Xbox One, GTX780Ti Pushes 35-45fps At Max Settings

Okay everyone, time for some rumors. Russian gaming website Gametech reported some interesting information about the current state of The Witcher 3. Now before continuing, let us remind you that you are about to read unconfirmed information that you should be taking with a grain of salt. Continue reading

Probably nonsense

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network

gog.com has The Witcher for $2 and The Witcher 3 for $4

http://www.gog.com/gamerumble?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=game_subject&utm_campaign=tag_team_game_rumble

@TheVoxelman on twitter

JEMC said:
So, the reasons they delayed the game is to improve the engine so it can run on more machines and because by 2015 there will be more PS4/X1 consoles sold so they will sell more copies...

Understandable.

or they could be remaking witcher 1 and 2 for PS4 and X1... and maybe PS3 and vita too?

fps_d0minat0r said:
JEMC said:
So, the reasons they delayed the game is to improve the engine so it can run on more machines and because by 2015 there will be more PS4/X1 consoles sold so they will sell more copies...

Understandable.

or they could be remaking witcher 1 and 2 for PS4 and X1... and maybe PS3 and vita too?

CDProjekt isn't that big to be involved in so manyh projects at the same time (and even if the development of those remakes was made by another developer they would need someone to keep an eye on that).

I know many PS fans want to try the first two games as many Xbox fans wanted to try the first one, but things are the way they are and you'll be better jumping on the offer zarx has posted and play them on PC.

Besides, I don't see how they could set the gameplay mechanics of the first game onto a controller without it being ackward.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
JEMC said:

Understandable.

CDProjekt isn't that big to be involved in so manyh projects at the same time (and even if the development of those remakes was made by another developer they would need someone to keep an eye on that).

I know many PS fans want to try the first two games as many Xbox fans wanted to try the first one, but things are the way they are and you'll be better jumping on the offer zarx has posted and play them on PC.

Besides, I don't see how they could set the gameplay mechanics of the first game onto a controller without it being ackward.

CDProjekt RED isn't a huge studio (they have made only 2 games thus far!) and are making two new games already (Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077), so that's a lot of work for them. I also seriously doubt they are ever going to ask another developer to port or remake games for them after what happened with the PS360 port of The Witcher 1. In cause you don't know - they hired a French company to make these ports, but it ended up being just wasted money, since they never even managed to make a working version of the ports. Thus CDPR won't trust anyone with handling their games, that is why they made only a X360 port - cause they could make it on their own due to the similar architecture to the PC of the X360. They've decided it wasn't worth setting up a new team and teaching them how to work with Cell if their future games won't be on PS3.

To sum up - there will never be a PS3 port of any of The Witchers. A Vita port, as unlikely as it sounds, has greater chances of becoming reality - though we all know how Western 3rd party studios love the Vita :) But most probably we won't be seeing any console remakes at least until Cyberpunk 2077 is out. I'd love to play W1 and W2 on my Vita, but doubt it'll ever become reality :(

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

They do have that second studio, they are working on two projects one of which I think is the mobile game. And The main studio is still growing fast, they have at least 220 people at the main studio.

But I am not sure they will bother with ports of the first two Witcher games. They would basically have to remake the first from the ground up as I doubt the Aurora engine is suitable for modern systems. The second would be a bit easier but still not an easy project, and there would be little benefit of releasing it after 3 on current consoles. Resources would be better spent making new stuff.

@TheVoxelman on twitter