By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zarx's unofficial The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt hype thread - February 24th, 2015 - New Trailer

Should I update the OP?

Yes do it now 35 62.50%

Just wait and update it closer to release 8 14.29%

No no one bothers reading... 6 10.71%

No, you suck and I don't... 5 8.93%

Total:54

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Pretty cool ! I'd like to see it in higher quality. Let's hope the version of this demo is the PC one, not some downgraded consolized.

Killy_Vorkosigan said:
Pretty cool ! I'd like to see it in higher quality. Let's hope the version of this demo is the PC one, not some downgraded consolized.

Or let's hope that this is the console version and the PC one looks even better!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

IGN version is a bit higher quality http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/06/10/the-witcher-3-gameplay-demo-ign-live-e3-2014

@TheVoxelman on twitter

A nice interview http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/hf8g8k/the-witcher-3--wild-hunt-e3-2014--in-depth-interview

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network

The Witcher 3 preview: on combat and why we can "expect the game to look way better" on release

Wes Fenlon at 02:57 on 12 June 2014

I sat in a dark room at E3 on Tuesday while CD Projekt Red cheerfully played through 45 minutes of The Witcher 3, showing off a very small part of the new open world that series hero Geralt will be able to explore. That was hours ago, and I still can't fully come to grips with the idea of a game as rich and challenging and complex as The Witcher 2 blown out into a massive world. While CD Projekt Red made sure to point out just how big the world was, their hands-off demo mostly focused on the more intricate details of combat and questing.

Read and comment

@TheVoxelman on twitter

@TheVoxelman on twitter

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – 3:45 Minutes Of Pure Direct Gameplay Footage

The Witcher fans, get ready for a treat. A new video from E3 2014′s build has appeared on the Internet. Contrary to what we’ve been getting lately, however, this is direct HD footage from the build that was presented. Therefore, you can go ahead and enjoy the visuals and all those small details that this new RPG will implement, like bendable vegetation, high quality textures, displacement mapping and water ripples. Enjoy! Continue reading

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Eurogamer have an interview up

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-18-witcher-3-e3-gameplay-demo-combat-was-deliberately-easy-cd-projekt-says

The juicy bits

"What we showed at the Microsoft conference was the easy way to play. We only had five minutes to show, so we had to play on easy and make the fights go really fast. You saw lots of dismemberment. It's not going to be so easy to cut somebody in half when the game comes out. We were showing off some features there."

"I was reading some feedback after the conference and people were saying, 'oh, that looks so easy,' but it ain't gonna be that easy."

"A lot of people are worried about Witcher 3, saying they won't understand it if they haven't played Witcher 1 and 2. Our philosophy is, okay, gameplay has to be a nice gentle curve, combat and story has to be a gentle curve."

Meanwhile, Mamais confirmed that the version of Witcher 3 shown during Microsoft's E3 press conference was indeed running on an Xbox One at 900p resolution and 30 frames per second.

"We're still optimising for Xbox One and PS4 so it should look better than that in theory," he said. "But everything we're doing optimisation wise for PS4 and Xbox One, we're also optimising for PC. It's a cross-platform engine, so any optimisation we do for one platform goes into the other platform and just speeds it up, basically."

"We will hit 900p no problem. We'd like to get it up to 1080p on Xbox One. That's our goal. Whether we can do it or not I don't know. We've got to squeeze everything we can out of the hardware."

"But we anticipate being able to do 1080p on PS4 a little bit easier than on the Xbox."

"So if you buy Kinect you can use it for voice commands and system commands. It's modest integration for voice. But since it's not using the camera at all we can use any extra power we can take to speed up the GPU."

"But I think it'll be worth it," he said. "Our ultra is pretty much the peak in games. At least we hope it is. The stuff we're doing is going to look really amazing."

Witcher 3 on PC ultra settings adds better tessellation, more physics, more post-processing and more realistic fur, Mamais said.

By comparison, the graphics of the console versions are equivalent to high settings on PC.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

I think I'm going to pre order the Witcher 3today. How much does it cost if you have the first two witcher games on steam?