By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 sales surpass Xbox 360 (Shipped Numbers)- report

Sony already have a date to show all numbers... early February.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

ETHOMAZ's NEW AND REASONABLE THEORY ABOUT THE 77 MILLION

Yeah dudes I have all the theories in my head.

Just think the Sony numbers for the quarter is 8.5 million units shipped... at first look you think WOW PS3 destroyed... but think again... Sony did the last shipment for PS2 this quarter and they will match the forecast for the year (3 million shipped for the PS2)... so the first two quarters plus the last quarter shipment for PS2 have to be near 3 million.

Now the interesting part...  Sony can had shipped 1.5 million or more PS2 this quarter and IDC just received the 8.5 million... so the IDC thinks that all shipment is PS3 but in fact 1.5 million is PS2... so Sony shipped 7 million PS3 ano not 8.5 million like IDC thinks.

In the end you have the explanation to 77 million and the fact Sony shipped near 66-66.5 million at the end of the year.

Sometime I'm good in theories.

Perfect! I really like your postings in this thread and didn't expect it! Especially the bold part is pure gold, haha. I think sometimes you are teasing more than enough but still: at least one reasonable ps3-fan in this thread. Ps3 overtaking 360 will happen this year either so arguing when is useless but not with odd numbers.

walsufnir said:

Perfect! I really like your postings in this thread and didn't expect it! Especially the bold part is pure gold, haha. I think sometimes you are teasing more than enough but still: at least one reasonable ps3-fan in this thread. Ps3 overtaking 360 will happen this year either so arguing when is useless but not with odd numbers.

Thanks.

Even in my overstimated PS3 world... it not shipped 77 million as 31st December 2012.

I'm pretty sure about that... I really think the IDC get the combined numbers for PS3 + PS2.

Congratz PS3!

post retraction.

i tink i'll just read

Around the Network

It's time to NPD guys... if Sony really really shipped 8.5m+ PS3 in the last quarter then NPD have to show HUGE number for PS3.

Get ready.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=152518

ethomaz said:

ETHOMAZ's NEW AND REASONABLE THEORY ABOUT THE 77 MILLION

Yeah dudes I have all the theories in my head.

Just think the Sony numbers for the quarter is 8.5 million units shipped... at first look you think WOW PS3 destroyed... but think again... Sony did the last shipment for PS2 this quarter and they will match the forecast for the year (3 million shipped for the PS2)... so the first two quarters plus the last quarter shipment for PS2 have to be near 3 million.

Now the interesting part...  Sony can had shipped 1.5 million or more PS2 this quarter and IDC just received the 8.5 million... so the IDC thinks that all shipment is PS3 but in fact 1.5 million is PS2... so Sony shipped 7 million PS3 ano not 8.5 million like IDC thinks.

In the end you have the explanation to 77 million and the fact Sony shipped near 66-66.5 million at the end of the year.

Sometime I'm good in theories.

so the Indians and Pilgrims blod bath has ended with this post. well done. i'd expect something like this from you. i wouldn't have thought of that. this makes the most sense.  

trunkswd said:

IDC predicted this in 2008. A little off.

ethomaz said:

sales2099 said:

In 2012 360 is at 40 million while PS3 is at 105+

Ok......thats kinda a big mistake.

PS3 + 360 = 150m

Amazing prediction... I already said the only mistake is the balance of the HD consoles... they did an AMAZING prediction for the market grow and overall sales for Wii and HD consoles five years ago.

I'm surprised how accurate they are with that prediction.

That's not really an amazing prediction if two of the three cogs are way off, is it? It's like if someone predicted the Patriots would win Super Bowl XLVI over the Giants 34-3. Well the Giants actually won 21-17 but then this person claims their prediction was close because they predicted 37 points and there were 38.  You'd call that a terrible prediction. That graph was a terrible prediction too. There's good reason people throw it up in console war threads all the time for a good laugh.

While I guess it could be possible if Sony stuffed the channels, I'm doubting this after seeing NPD. Most likely the 360 is still ahead. However, I expect the shipped gap to be ~500K-1M.