By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 sales surpass Xbox 360 (Shipped Numbers)- report

joeorc said:
JayWood2010 said:
We dont know how much either Sony or Microsoft has shipped. Might want to hold off on that celebration until you actually hear real news. We all know the PS3 will pass X360 eventually but at least hold off until you hear something that is true.

"We dont know how much either Sony or Microsoft has shipped."

which is Quite true

"Might want to hold off on that celebration until you actually hear real news"

Quite True again

but, looking at past years 2009 to 2011 the min. Sony has shipped for Q3+Q4 combined has been 8.2 million+ for 3 years in a row so even at the end of sep. 2012 the total number was  listed @ 70.2 thats when by the end of dec that would still put the ps3 shipments at above 76 million at the end of dec. that is without taking into account is if Sony's shpment re order retail was On the low end this year. but by going by VGChartz projection's that is not the case if their weekly sale through number's are showing less than past sales Q shipment numbers.

Who knows, they could or may have.  We don't know yet though. Is it possible, yes.  But when we don't know the only thing we can go by is shipment figures that sony and microsoft has announced themselves.  Then we have the estimates sold on vgchartz.  Sony will pass both eventually and Im sure everybody knows that, but til that happens we should hold off.  I havent read the comments in this thread but I can only iimagine plenty of arguments with 250 comments :P

Around the Network
milkyjoe said:
joeorc said:
JayWood2010 said:
We dont know how much either Sony or Microsoft has shipped. Might want to hold off on that celebration until you actually hear real news. We all know the PS3 will pass X360 eventually but at least hold off until you hear something that is true.

"We dont know how much either Sony or Microsoft has shipped."

which is Quite true

"Might want to hold off on that celebration until you actually hear real news"

Quite True again

but, looking at past years 2009 to 2011 the min. Sony has shipped for Q3+Q4 combined has been 8.2 million+ for 3 years in a row so even at the end of sep. 2012 the total number was  listed @ 70.2 thats when by the end of dec that would still put the ps3 shipments at above 76 million at the end of dec. that is without taking into account is if Sony's shpment re order retail was On the low end this year. but by going by VGChartz projection's that is not the case if their weekly sale through number's are showing less than past sales Q shipment numbers.

70.2 was to early November, not the end of September. Meaning a chunk of Q3 was accounted for with that announcment.

apr 1st = the very start of Q1 

END OF SEPT. IS THE END OF Q2..

"Meaning a chunk of Q3 was accounted for with that announcment."

That may not be true , because Q3 results are not listed, and like i stated  before,

for the PAST 3 YEAR'S IN a row, Sony in Q3 has shipped more than 6 million unit's in that Sale's Quarter.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

IDC is estimating the future based on current trends so they needed final 2012 figures to go forward. X360 & PS3 declined in Q4 2012 from last year, so just take their Q4 2011 figures and add that to Q3 2012 as a maximum for where they are through the end of 2012.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

joeorc said:
milkyjoe said:

70.2 was to early November, not the end of September. Meaning a chunk of Q3 was accounted for with that announcment.

apr 1st = the very start of Q1 

END OF SEPT. IS THE END OF Q2..

"Meaning a chunk of Q3 was accounted for with that announcment."

That may not be true , because Q3 results are not listed, and like i stated  before,

for the PAST 3 YEAR'S IN a row, Sony in Q3 has shipped more than 6 million unit's in that Sale's Quarter.

Tokyo, November 16, 2012–Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) today announced that the cumulative sales of the PlayStation®3 (PS3®) computer entertainment system reached a milestone of 70 million units*1 worldwide as of November 4, 2012

http://scei.co.jp/corporate/release/121116_e.html

VGChartz

TheSource said:

IDC is estimating the future based on current trends so they needed final 2012 figures to go forward. X360 & PS3 declined in Q4 2012 from last year, so just take their Q4 2011 figures and add that to Q3 2012 as a maximum for where they are through the end of 2012.

"IDC is estimating the future based on current trends so they needed final 2012 figures to go forward."

Quite true, In my Opinion

"X360 & PS3 declined in Q4 2012 from last year, so just take their Q4 2011 figures and add that to Q3 2012 as a maximum for where they are through the end of 2012."

which is where Most likely IDC has their Number's from, Once again in my Opinion. The Decline Number's for the xbox360 &the PS3  will tell in my Opinion on How close IDC is.

but if the past 3 years are anything to go by, Sony has shipped over 6 Million systems listed for a 3RD quarter 3 year's in a row, now of course the decline % will have an effect on that number no doubt for the 2012 number, but the Question is by How much if any thing near say a million off? even so that would still put the total near 77.4 if the number is not off by a million. if the past 3 straight year's  number trend for Q3 +Q4 still Hold's

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network
milkyjoe said:

Tokyo, November 16, 2012–Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) today announced that the cumulative sales of the PlayStation®3 (PS3®) computer entertainment system reached a milestone of 70 million units*1 worldwide as of November 4, 2012

http://scei.co.jp/corporate/release/121116_e.html

that was for a press release "after the Q2 just ended which was AT THE END OF sept! 

THEY POSTED THIS November 4, 2012 RIGHT?

What we do not know is this taking into account based on restock's added in or based on after the systems were already shipped ?

The fact is we do not know if sony is adding in the number's of system for restock before a new quarter or after the existing Quarter has already shipped their number's. what we do know is you cannot stuff the channel willy nilly and expect the retail chain to keep absorbing the number's if the systems are selling slower than they are selling through to the consumer.

and once again for say example: reorder's have to be in before say 3pm monday 3 weeks before black friday, just because one retail chain may do that not every retail chain will be doing that if say they still have enough stock to last over the sales week. that's something we really cannot account for.

that's what this does not tell you. Like i said just because the number get's posted on there, does not mean outright we know when the number's are over @ Sony accounted for internally until after it's posted is the only real way to know for sure

I AM BOLO

ps:

GameAnalyser said:
ethomaz said:

To Put An End In This Thread And Discussion!

Now Everybody Agree!!!

It does look good. Can't agree more.

I'm getting the white one.

maverick40 said:

YOU GOT THIS FROM ME. Don't lie to me tell me the truth!

BasilZero said:
riderz13371 said:
Wander_ said:
BasilZero said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Wander_ said:

i've been to dubai and it is too damn hard to find Xbox & Wii games. It's all about the PlayStation there.

wha.. WHAT is THIS!! Gaming inequality!!! This is outrage!!

Looks at Japan*

Sony's more popular in the Middle East/South Asian countries so its no surprise. I've seen Playstations and other Sony products when I visited Dubai last year and whenever I visited India and not a single mention or fragment of anything mentioning Nintendo or Microsoft (other than OSes).

The problem with india is that it pirates the hell out of games so no one not even Sony can take full advantage of it's population.

No one can take advantage of India because everyone is poor as fuck. The living conditions are terrible.

Was that really necessary lol?

Well I didn't mean it in an offensive way. I'm just saying people have better things to worry about in India than playing video games. I went there recently and I was shocked at the poverty.

The previous preciditon from IDC was very accurate.

They just predicted wrong the HD balance os the sales (360 sell more and 360 less) but overall.

In the graph

PS3+360 = 110m+40m = 150m
Wii = 105m
Total hardware: 255m

Reality

PS3+360 = 77+76 = 153m
Wii = ~100m
Total hardware = ~253m

It's a pretty good 2007 prediction... on spot with Wii and just a wrong balance about the HD (360 + PS3)... five years old predicition.