By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 sales surpass Xbox 360 (Shipped Numbers)- report

pezus said:
ironmanDX said:
Sony's own numbers don't really line up with it and yet people still think the "article" is right?

Are you that desperate for good news?

Indeed, even Kaz doesn't believe it.

Remenbering the 'WOW' factor he mentioned at CES 2013.

Around the Network

To Put An End In This Thread And Discussion!

Now Everybody Agree!!!

pezus said:
ironmanDX said:
Sony's own numbers don't really line up with it and yet people still think the "article" is right?

Are you that desperate for good news?

Indeed, even Kaz doesn't believe it.

Made me LOL, or atleast LOQuietly....

You must B.E.L.I.E.V.E!!!

We dont know how much either Sony or Microsoft has shipped. Might want to hold off on that celebration until you actually hear real news. We all know the PS3 will pass X360 eventually but at least hold off until you hear something that is true.

I've always B_3_L_I_E_V_E_D

Now Sony can finally start thinking about making some munies.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

To Put An End In This Thread And Discussion!

Now Everybody Agree!!!

It does look good. Can't agree more.

kowenicki said:
pezus said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:
This is DS vs. PS2 all over again. Don't make fools of yourselves, people. Posts in here will only be used to generalise about "Sony fans" in the near future.

Generalise?

You appear to be in a minority in this thread.  Most seem to have jumped on this full of glee.

Obviously extreme opinions/reactions are going to be most apparent. Would you say the people jumping on this are "most of the Sony fans" though? I see 3, maybe 4 or 5 that think this can be believed while this website has at least ten times as many active Sony fans.

well what can I say... of those that have expressed an opinion, its a landslide.

I believe most that don't believe don't feel a need to post, but since we are getting generalized I state that I don't believe it's true.  I honestly can't tell if these guys are serious or just trolling the xbox fans.

JayWood2010 said:
We dont know how much either Sony or Microsoft has shipped. Might want to hold off on that celebration until you actually hear real news. We all know the PS3 will pass X360 eventually but at least hold off until you hear something that is true.

"We dont know how much either Sony or Microsoft has shipped."

which is Quite true

"Might want to hold off on that celebration until you actually hear real news"

Quite True again

but, looking at past years 2009 to 2011 the min. Sony has shipped for Q3+Q4 combined has been 8.2 million+ for 3 years in a row so even at the end of sep. 2012 the total number was  listed @ 70.2 thats when by the end of dec that would still put the ps3 shipments at above 76 million at the end of dec. that is without taking into account is if Sony's shpment re order retail was On the low end this year. but by going by VGChartz projection's that is not the case if their weekly sale through number's are showing less than past sales Q shipment numbers. which Sony's PS3 has not had that big a drop in shipment numbers in the 3rd Q: if the official past shipment number's have already shown. many were suprised by the black friday number's this year on the PS3 shipments many on this very site did not expect them to be that high. adjustments can indeed happen no doubt. but which way at this point is the question .

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Unless Sony overshipped like MS did last year then i dont think this is possible. Personally i think 360 still have 500k lead in shipped numbers unless Sony shipped 1.5m extra units some how.

joeorc said:
JayWood2010 said:

"We dont know how much either Sony or Microsoft has shipped."

which is Quite true

"Might want to hold off on that celebration until you actually hear real news"

Quite True again

but, looking at past years 2009 to 2011 the min. Sony has shipped for Q3+Q4 combined has been 8.2 million+ for 3 years in a row so even at the end of sep. 2012 the total number was  listed @ 70.2 thats when by the end of dec that would still put the ps3 shipments at above 76 million at the end of dec. that is without taking into account is if Sony's shpment re order retail was On the low end this year. but by going by VGChartz projection's that is not the case if their weekly sale through number's are showing less than past sales Q shipment numbers.

70.2 was to early November, not the end of September. Meaning a chunk of Q3 was accounted for with that announcment.

VGChartz