By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Dec 31 - Jan 6

A worrying time for WiiU. Needs to stay above PS3 really, but I dunno if it will.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Can the PS3 sell more than Wii U next week???

milkyjoe said:
Now would be a good time for a Nintendo Direct detailing a few Wii U games for Q2-4 this year...

Aren't there only 3 games with release dates in Q1 for Japan.  I'm not sure if they can wait until later this year.

Yakuzaice said:
milkyjoe said:
Now would be a good time for a Nintendo Direct detailing a few Wii U games for Q2-4 this year...

Aren't there only 3 games with release dates in Q1 for Japan.  I'm not sure if they can wait until later this year.

Dont worry, they have bayonetta 2, you know, the game that cause the HD fanboys to cry.  It will save the Wii U.

Yakuzaice said:
milkyjoe said:

Yeah, but outside of a couple of games that probably should have been Q1 (Pikmin, DQ), there's nothing much outside of 'we know Nintendo are working on some stuff' beyond that.

VGChartz

Around the Network

Vita looks ok, but then realized 3DS outsold it by a factor of 8 :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

It's just crazy. 14 out of the top 20 games are for the 3ds, with a total of 17 out of 20 being for Nintendo consoles!

Playing Xenoblade 2 before I buy Xenoblade 3 (otherwise I couldn't wait to play 3).

Can they announce a new Fire Emblem? A remake of Genealogy or Tellius would suffice !

sales2099 said:
Vita looks ok, but then realized 3DS outsold it by a factor of 8 :P

Yeah...

Still Vita selling double this week is a good thing if it sticks.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Euphoria14 said:
ethomaz said:
PS3 is a monster.... how much it sold in the same week last year?

74k on media create. That week last year would be the Jan2-8 correct?

VGC listed it as ~74K.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/40916/Japan/

Nice... only 10% down with big titles this year I can see the PS3 flat ou even up in Japan this year.

1,234,279 is not that hard to beat and yeap 10 million coming this year... amazing... just more 3 million to catch Wii... first Europe, after Japan and then Worldwide.

The drop in Fantasy Life I assume is to do that well-publicized shortage and not because only 41,000 Japanese were interested in it. I imagine it would have been closer 100,000 in it's second week had inventory levels not been an issue. Level-5 should have anticipated more demand for this, though, really. 3DS popularity has continued to climb in Japan and it's now a hugely dominant platform. I'm surprised they thought a first-fun printing of 150,000 copies would be sufficient.