By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Dec 31 - Jan 6

fmjasinski said:
Can PS3 sell more than 1 million this year?

I think this year it will sell more than last year because the better exclusives releases... so more sales from LE and bundles... a price cut will help too.

Around the Network
Herolink7 said:
MakeAmazing said:
Paul said:
The Vita attach rate must be terrible.

Not necessarily. What with download sales being such an easy process these days. I have maybe 5 boxed games for the Vita, but I've been purchasing lots of PSP type games, such as Final Fantasy (about 4 of them) all the GTA's, .  So 50% of all the games I have on the vita are probably download. I am sure I'm probably not the only one.

I doubt digital sales will make it look any more impressive.

How so?

Adding in online sales can only be beneficial unless you believe that PSN is just completed ignored and no one uses it (which we know to not be the case).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Herolink7 said:
MakeAmazing said:
Paul said:

Not necessarily. What with download sales being such an easy process these days. I have maybe 5 boxed games for the Vita, but I've been purchasing lots of PSP type games, such as Final Fantasy (about 4 of them) all the GTA's, .  So 50% of all the games I have on the vita are probably download. I am sure I'm probably not the only one.

How so?

Adding in online sales can only be beneficial unless you believe that PSN is just completed ignored and no one uses it (which we know to not be the case).

It would obviously look better if digital is included but retail didn't have a single title in the top 30. What does the Vita section look like in Japanese retail stores, it must be tiny.

PSN sales represent a very high margin of total video game software sales for a game.. based on the ratings on PSN alone.. which can only be given if the product is purchased on PSN, and is only usually selected by people that have any interest in rating a game.. so a game at it's lowest sales would have sold on PSN at least whatever the rating scale says on PSN

mM
pezus said:
spurgeonryan said:
pezus said:
There goes the WiiU "domination" in Japan...Vita got a surprisingly high boost and PSP is beasting. If Vita got all PSP numbers it would be excellent ;o

Funny. Still..it is ahead of the PS3. Hard to bad mouth the guy in the lead when he cannot here you. Maybe next week the WiiU willfall behind. Or its newness will keep it selling while the PS3 drops back down to non holiday levels.

3k ahead when it came out a month ago with a 2D Mario and MH...yep, not impressive.

Not impressive, no. But also not an overt failure.

Surely you didn't think it would instantly be doing 3DS numbers. (Don't call me Shirley. Airplane!)

Around the Network

Those Wii U numbers are just fine, it's still the top selling home console over there.

Also what's up with the Vita increase? Did something come out?

jonnybmk said:
pezus said:
spurgeonryan said:
pezus said:
There goes the WiiU "domination" in Japan...Vita got a surprisingly high boost and PSP is beasting. If Vita got all PSP numbers it would be excellent ;o

Funny. Still..it is ahead of the PS3. Hard to bad mouth the guy in the lead when he cannot here you. Maybe next week the WiiU willfall behind. Or its newness will keep it selling while the PS3 drops back down to non holiday levels.

3k ahead when it came out a month ago with a 2D Mario and MH...yep, not impressive.

Not impressive, no. But also not an overt failure.

Surely you didn't think it would instantly be doing 3DS numbers. (Don't call me Shirley. Airplane!)

You just need to hope it does better than the PS3, as these comments seem to bother you, because after launch the PS3 was treated expotentially worse than the Wii U is being treated now.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Herolink7 said:
MakeAmazing said:
Paul said:

You're not seriously suggesting that digital downloads will make no difference to attach rates to a device that is net connected.... interesting. For me, that is a little short sighted in this digital connected age. 

oh god....here we go again with the digital sales death spiral....

Poor U. Next weeks are gonna be rough.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile