By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Investors Thread

Healthy increase today. I'll be uncomfortable until it gets back over $14, and won't be happy until it's much more than that, but it's movement in the right direction.

Around the Network

Get ready for a massive sell off and a 5000 yen price by Friday.

ulieq said:

Get ready for a massive sell off and a 5000 yen price by Friday.

I'd say 5000 is a bit extreme...but I also foresee a sell-off.  

I'm bracing a bit for a sell off, but the share price could actually go up. WiiU sales are poor right now, but they were very good during the 3rd quarter - about 80% of Wii sales at launch. If Iwata spins it the right way, he could make it sound as though Nintendo is doing fantastic. What would create a big sell-off would be amending the anual forcast to a loss instead of a profit.

TheLastStarFighter said:
I'm bracing a bit for a sell off, but the share price could actually go up. WiiU sales are poor right now, but they were very good during the 3rd quarter - about 80% of Wii sales at launch. If Iwata spins it the right way, he could make it sound as though Nintendo is doing fantastic. What would create a big sell-off would be amending the anual forcast to a loss instead of a profit.

We all see the Wii U's sales numbers...my opinion is to not hang your money on wishful thinking.  I sadly liquidated all of my shares.  Q3 numbers will look good.  Nintendo will post a sizable profit.  But the market is forward looking, and especially with Nintendo, all eyes will be on the 4th Quarter.  The only thing investors care about is whether or not Nintendo will A) Turn an annual profit and B) Are they growing?  

The numbers for Wii U & 3DS demonstrate that Nintendo is not growing.

The shares popped a few days ago on the rumor China is lifting their console ban.  To me that seems like a media stunt to purposefully give a boost to shares pre-earnings.  The console ban isn't going to be lifted.  

I sold my shares because I see better places for my money right now.

But trust me, part of me hopes for some kind of miracle that cause Nintendo shares to spike.  I'll kick myself for missing that gain, but I'll be happy for Nintendo.

Good luck to you guys tomorrow.

Around the Network

Yeah the stock could rise temporarily based on a profitable Q3 and Nintendo spinning certain things, but eventually they aren't going to be able to hide the meltdown of the Wii U post-launch and there will be a drop in their share price.

I'd sell out if the stock spikes in the very near future and then maybe look at going back in around March/April when the stock price is lower.

what time is the earning report being announced tomorrow?

Nintendo shares drop to new 52 weeks low

Sh1nn said:

More like a decade low

Sh1nn said:

Fairly predictable. Two horrible launches in a row. They had two years to get the Wii U one right and blew it.