By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Wii U Ever Be Able To Match the Wii In SW Sales?

Tagged games:

Wander_ said:
No but it will pass the Xbox360 based on its launch numbers.

I doubt next gen will last seven years like this gen. Wii U will most likely do 40 M within a five year period.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wander_ said:

I doubt next gen will last seven years like this gen. Wii U will most likely do 40 M within a five year period.

i meant software but if we're talking hardware sales than yes will pass the 360 but NOT!! the ps3

ryuzaki57 said:
Just to remind you, PSVIta outsold WiiU by 20K in Europe this week.

Why did you bring that up?

NintendoPie said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Sorry, just realized it was not the point. I've edited.

At the moment I would say No. SW is lagging behind big time in the EU. COD sold like around 350 copies last week in the UK for example.

But things can certainly change. With systems like ps3 we have seen big turn arounds. Coming E3 is key I think

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

tie ratios are surprisingly close from console to console. so what you are really asking is; will wiiU be able to match the wii in hardware sales?

Wander_ said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wander_ said:

i meant software but if we're talking hardware sales than yes will pass the 360 but NOT!! the ps3

That all depends on how well Sony launches. They know what they need to do. Lets hope they dont become out of touch.

NintendoPie said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Cuz we are sick and tired of Vita DOOMED crap

It depends on whether downloads are tracked. On my WiiU I have 5 download titles and only 3 physical titles, the only reason I have three physical titles is that one was bundled with the system (Nintendoland) one came cheaper with an accessory, and COD is not available as a download. Everything else, ZombieU, ACIII, etc... all came down the digital pipe.

I only bought a few games over several years as downloads for the wii vs the 40+ physical games.

Plus this time I will probably also get a Steam Box to go with the WiiU which will mean a few less games that I will buy for the WiiU.

I suspect that the 0.8 x wii sales may be a long term trend.

Wander_ said:
NintendoPie said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Cuz we are sick and tired of Vita DOOMED crap

Pretty sure there weren't a lot of Vita DOOM threads lately, were there ANY at all?