By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!! Mod Nation Racers has sold over 1 million units ww

KHlover said:
Congratz, only 32m to go^^

This is completely unneccesary.  This thread has nothing to do with Mario Kart.  I am going to let you off with only a verbal warning this time because your record is unblemished, but please don't do this sort of thing again.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
Godchild1020 said:
homer said:
This game and MAG are among the least appreciated Sony exclusives. Mainly MAG though. In fact, forget MNR and play MAG.

MAG would have been better or at least sold better if they priced it better or at least made it free to play with Micro-transactions. It would have been the first game on the PS3 to do it and do it well. It's also the first game to have 256 players in one match on a console.

Also maybe an offline mode would have been great as well. They should do a reboot to the game and implement some new ideas or at least do it for the Next PS system.

I think MAG's middling success has more to do with the fact consumers don't like buying games that are completely devoid of a singleplayer experience (Regardless of the fact the online will be their main focus). It gives the impression of a gimped product. I for one down right refuse to buy any game that doesn't have one. SP is the MOST important for me.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
KHlover said:

REALLY!!!!!!!!!! what a pointless comparison. if i didn't view Mario Kart and Mod Nation Racers as competion i'd report you for trolling.

whoa.. someone gets offended easily? don't take it personal, it is just a game.
on topic, congrats. Prob. has made some money for the company by now then :)

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Bajablo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
KHlover said:

REALLY!!!!!!!!!! what a pointless comparison. if i didn't view Mario Kart and Mod Nation Racers as competion i'd report you for trolling.

nope i gusse i took it thee wrong way. doom threads have pissed me off. don't take it personal.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Bajablo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
KHlover said:

nope i gusse i took it thee wrong way. doom threads have pissed me off. don't take it personal.

Yeah, i know what you mean though. Been lurking here a long time, alot of people that can't argue and just troll.

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Around the Network

awesome news this was by far the the kart racing game i had the most fun with and the creation tools really were a lot of fun to mess around with
i never got around to publishing any tracks though but i have a few karts and mods up
haven't been online with this in a while

VGKing said:

Oh really? LBP Karting is tracking ahead of Modnation Racers.....the LBP brand is much stronger so I expect Karting to have much better legs.

LBP Karting

10th November 2012 1 84,685 N/A 84,685
17th November 2012 2 39,311 -53.6% 123,996
24th November 2012 3 37,327 -5.0% 161,323
01st December 2012 4 36,975 -0.9% 198,298
08th December 2012 5 50,488 36.5% 248,786
15th December 2012 6 66,424 31.6% 315,210
22nd December 2012 7 61,807 -7.0% 377,017
29th December 2012 8 30,166 -51.2% 407,183

Modnation Racers

22nd May 2010 1 55,086 N/A 55,086
29th May 2010 2 124,638 126.3% 179,724
05th June 2010 3 69,312 -44.4% 249,036
12th June 2010 4 37,957 -45.2% 286,993
19th June 2010 5 26,949 -29.0% 313,942
26th June 2010 6 21,188 -21.4% 335,130
03rd July 2010 7 18,260 -13.8% 353,390
10th July 2010 8 15,457 -15.4% 368,847

you're late but the chart is on time. after its debut wk, i wasn't expecting much, and wrote it off when it was announced
 do to the mutual feeling(i'm sure) the LBP name was over saturating the market.

i'm right about that but this game could do 1m in just under 1 yr. maybe!!

o_O.Q said:
awesome news this was by far the the kart racing game i had the most fun with and the creation tools really were a lot of fun to mess around with
i never got around to publishing any tracks though but i have a few karts and mods up

yea this was the first kart racing game i was able to come in first place at any given time. i'd normally lose to my brother in any racing game, but continued to ripp him a new one in mnr.

i published 3 tracks, but my most innovative and biggest track never got finished or saw the light of day. it was called decent to hell. i had do delete everything on my PS3 cause some disk wouldn't read.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Bajablo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
KHlover said:

Yeah, i know what you mean though. Been lurking here a long time, alot of people that can't argue and just troll.

agreed, i've been here on and off from being PB'D in 2008, and rejoining twice in 2010 after being PB'D again. i wasn't doing anything wrong. well i did make a comment something like taht one (atleast PS3 has games) in a 360 thread. harmless joke led to a PB. i got lucky the last time i made a joke. got a warning, but it was funny.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
o_O.Q said:

yea this was the first kart racing game i was able to come in first place at any given time. i'd normally lose to my brother in any racing game, but continued to ripp him a new one in mnr.

i published 3 tracks, but my most innovative and biggest track never got finished or saw the light of day. it was called decent to hell. i had do delete everything on my PS3 cause some disk wouldn't read.

that's cool bro next time i boot this up i'll check your creations

o_O.Q said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
o_O.Q said:

that's cool bro next time i boot this up i'll check your creations

i'm not sure how i spelt my psn so go to my profile.