By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!! Mod Nation Racers has sold over 1 million units ww

hatmoza said:
Serious question. Did they ever fix the load times?

I really liked this game but the load times turned me off.

yea they got less long but they were still long.

Around the Network
Bajablo said:
VGKing said:
Bajablo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
KHlover said:
Congratz, only 32m to go^^

REALLY!!!!!!!!!! what a pointless comparison. if i didn't view Mario Kart and Mod Nation Racers as competion i'd report you for trolling.

whoa.. someone gets offended easily? don't take it personal, it is just a game.
on topic, congrats. Prob. has made some money for the company by now then :)

A mod gave KHlover a verbal warning for that comment. MarcusD had every right to get annoyed at a comment like that.

Or you can just take it a little less serious :P and be cool with it.

if a mod veiws it as offensive, then there's no way anyone can be cool with it and amp is one of th more level headed of the mods. Torrilian may have sent him a warning for that. imo this isn't the only mod worth offence as of late. this was the same as those pointless GT5 v Halo comparrison threads. 

comparring a 3 yr old game to a game that we knnow has big wks during the holiday season is pointless, and it just came out, but that's one of those by the hair thing, when you're talking about the biggest exclusive franchises for PS3 and 360. the last big PS3 release was Uncharted, so Halo4 should be compared to that.

Mario Kart and MNR are in the same genre, so i can see his point, but the fact that LBP karting and mnr, will never sale 32m ww makes it a mute point.

no racing game will outsell mario kart, so even a Forza, or Sonic all star racing comparrison would be pushing it. just like comparring Forza to GT5 which the last Forza may reach at some point, but with the way the grand tourismo series sells, i doubt it will match Grand tousimo's numbers.

Forza did like 100k or more during its release and throughout the holiday season, while GT5 sold 100k every 2 wk's while being a 3-4 yr. old game.

idon't want someone getting moded for something this silly. in any other thread it would have been ok depending on how it was used, but in this case, it was in a thread who's focus was just one game, and that game can't compete with Mario.

it's lineage v new risky creation, and the 2 don't compare. if i wouldn't have made mention of it, amp would have seen it anyway. not to mention i had no idea what he was talking about (until others made mention of it) while just posting the number 32m, so that could have been a spamming moderation.

Bajablo said:
VGKing said:
Bajablo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
KHlover said:

REALLY!!!!!!!!!! what a pointless comparison. if i didn't view Mario Kart and Mod Nation Racers as competion i'd report you for trolling.

A mod gave KHlover a verbal warning for that comment. MarcusD had every right to get annoyed at a comment like that.

funny enough had that comment been directed to nintendo instead i'm sure you wouldn't feel the same way

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
ghettoglamour said:
Imo Modnation Racers has better gameplay than Mario Kart, by a mile. It also has the whole creative stuff which I liked, a long, fun to play career mode (pretty challenging if you aim for 100%), a solid online mode. Mario Kart has more charm and maybe more interesting tracks. It's also more accesible to casual players.

And yes, loading times are a big issue in MNR but it's still the superior game, by far imo. Well deserved!!

Haven't played LBP Karting yet (seems weaker than MNR just by reading reviews and watching gameplay), but Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed is the kart-king right now!

i'm looking forward to playing SASRT.

yea mnr was unbareable at times. other then myself we had 3 other people that could play racing game try and beat this game. i was the faster of the 4 so you could imagine how hard it was keeping first place in the last race before the patch, and i also did most of the drifting.

my brother was the better driver, so he did the no touching walls, and i did the no touching walls for one lap, but i stayed in last place and drove super slow to do it, but finished the race in first.

my brother-in-law did some, and got fed up with it sighting the achievements being unreasonable, and his little brother also did allot of the racing.

my brother came in late to finish what we couldn't. it was a labor of love, but we got it done. load times were unreasonable but we never really pay'd attention to them.

Yeah I remember it was a pain in the ass to complete all "missions" in the career mode. The one I remember the most for being extremly annoying was the one at a desert track where you had to sideswipe 3 racers on a tiny bridge you passed every lap (so 3 times a race) for about 5 secs AND become 1st at the end. Lol I yelled and whined for hours untill I made that shit :)

The online was great too. I remember I was pretty good, I got 100+ wins and my win per race rate was something like 40%!

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

o_O.Q said:
Bajablo said:
VGKing said:
Bajablo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
KHlover said:

funny enough had that comment been directed to nintendo instead i'm sure you wouldn't feel the same way

(just gonna point out the obvious here, these are my oppinions and values, you don't have to agree)

I do not care in the same way as others seem to do here. thats the difference.
Someone tells me this franchise hasn't sold as much as another... ok.. so?

It doesn't (shouldn't?) diminish your enjoyment of the game (if thats why it 'gets' to you), you don't have to agree with people.. some obsess over this that you have to agree and be liked by everyting and everyone.

I don't get those kinds of arguments or whatnot, they only way you can take offence is that you take it WAY more serious than you should.
If you had been the creator of said game, then I might see it as a bit valid, especially if you made a loss on the product too, then someone is ridiculing you & what you created. Thats a whole other story.

that first post was a bit of a dick post.. (if you care too much) but why shouldn't you just be able to brush that off? it should mean nothing to you.

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Around the Network
Bajablo said:
o_O.Q said:
Bajablo said:
VGKing said:
Bajablo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
KHlover said:

(just gonna point out the obvious here, these are my oppinions and values, you don't have to agree)

I do not care in the same way as others seem to do here. thats the difference.
Someone tells me this franchise hasn't sold as much as another... ok.. so?

It doesn't (shouldn't?) diminish your enjoyment of the game (if thats why it 'gets' to you), you don't have to agree with people.. some obsess over this that you have to agree and be liked by everyting and everyone.

I don't get those kinds of arguments or whatnot, they only way you can take offence is that you take it WAY more serious than you should.
If you had been the creator of said game, then I might see it as a bit valid, especially if you made a loss on the product too, then someone is ridiculing you & what you created. Thats a whole other story.

that first post was a bit of a dick post.. (if you care too much) but why shouldn't you just be able to brush that off? it should mean nothing to you.

when i saw that post initially i just rolled my eyes and read the rest of the thread 

i only commented on it because you were hopping up on your high horse talking down to people calling out obvious trolling

anyway as i said i hope you don't feel the need to change your stance should the situation be reversed

ghettoglamour said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
ghettoglamour said:
Imo Modnation Racers has better gameplay than Mario Kart, by a mile. It also has the whole creative stuff which I liked, a long, fun to play career mode (pretty challenging if you aim for 100%), a solid online mode. Mario Kart has more charm and maybe more interesting tracks. It's also more accesible to casual players.

And yes, loading times are a big issue in MNR but it's still the superior game, by far imo. Well deserved!!

Haven't played LBP Karting yet (seems weaker than MNR just by reading reviews and watching gameplay), but Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed is the kart-king right now!

i'm looking forward to playing SASRT.

yea mnr was unbareable at times. other then myself we had 3 other people that could play racing game try and beat this game. i was the faster of the 4 so you could imagine how hard it was keeping first place in the last race before the patch, and i also did most of the drifting.

my brother was the better driver, so he did the no touching walls, and i did the no touching walls for one lap, but i stayed in last place and drove super slow to do it, but finished the race in first.

my brother-in-law did some, and got fed up with it sighting the achievements being unreasonable, and his little brother also did allot of the racing.

my brother came in late to finish what we couldn't. it was a labor of love, but we got it done. load times were unreasonable but we never really pay'd attention to them.

Yeah I remember it was a pain in the ass to complete all "missions" in the career mode. The one I remember the most for being extremly annoying was the one at a desert track where you had to sideswipe 3 racers on a tiny bridge you passed every lap (so 3 times a race) for about 5 secs AND become 1st at the end. Lol I yelled and whined for hours untill I made that shit :)

The online was great too. I remember I was pretty good, I got 100+ wins and my win per race rate was something like 40%!

yea i played online once, but it was on a small tv so it took forever to get through.

the patch changed that to one, so start throwing stuff in anger, and go on some kind of rant wishing you were somewhat worse at the game lol.

Great milestone. If you enjoyed Modnations and like LBP you should definitely look into LBPK as the Modnations vita game is garbage. I just clocked about 20 or so hours in LBPK in the last 2 weeks and i much prefer it over Modnations. If the game never went on sale on PSN i would never have bought it due to the reviews, and boy were those reviews full of shit, especially the 4/10 ones claiming Modnations was some sort of masterclass in its genre in comparison. I suppose it's personal preferences really but i have to say I wasn't really a fan of Modnation's nominal hub world, or the ridiculous load times, or its lack of game types.

Panama said:
Great milestone. If you enjoyed Modnations and like LBP you should definitely look into LBPK as the Modnations vita game is garbage. I just clocked about 20 or so hours in LBPK in the last 2 weeks and i much prefer it over Modnations. If the game never went on sale on PSN i would never have bought it due to the reviews, and boy were those reviews full of shit, especially the 4/10 ones claiming Modnations was some sort of masterclass in its genre in comparison. I suppose it's personal preferences really but i have to say I wasn't really a fan of Modnation's nominal hub world, or the ridiculous load times, or its lack of game types.

thanks, i'll give LBPK a go. MNR was baby steps, lead up to karting i gusse. 

Augen said:
Odd title in that enjoyed it but the excessive lengthy load times really kept me from coming back.

This

LET'S GO KNICKS