By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Any other company would have fired their CEO by now. Time to fire across the board at Nintendo!

spurgeonryan said:
WiiU is great, but that does not mean the leaders at Nintendo should not go.

Drunk thread?

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

Piggybacking off my last post in this same thread...

The decline in 3DS sales in Europe and the U.S., paired with the lower than expected Wii U sales per Nintendo's own projections, is why Nintendo shares keep hitting new 52 week lows, despite the seemingly strong global 3DS sales and pretty strong Wii U launch figures.

The declining trend for 3DS in the U.S. and Europe seems to be why most investors predict Nintendo will eventually become a Software only company like Sega.

There will always be a market for a dedicated handheld gaming console, but as Smart-Phones & Tablets trend upwards and iOS & Android gaming improve, the dedicated handheld console market decreases.

Now, also note Nintendo initially projected 18.5 million global 3DS sales from April 1 2012 - March 31 2013, then in October they slashed this projection down to 17.5 million. Right now they sit below 11million (starting from April 1 remember), so they will fall well short of the slashed projection of 17.5, and will revise down to around 15, perhpaps not even meeting that number.

The projections for 3DS were made with growth in mind for Europe and the US. Now that they see the big decline, their business strategy on the whole must change dramatically. In the short term they'll have to do the best they can to keep up 3DS sales.

In the long-term - they need a game changer. Badly.

TheLastStarFighter said:
Vinniegambini 25 minutes ago
TheLastStarFighter said:
I have bought a significant amount of Nintendo stock. I can say that a big reason I purchased was because of the leadership of Iwata and Myamoto. Nintendo's software has been other-worldly successful and Iwata has lead a complete revival of the Nintendo brand. 3DS is trending ahead of its predecessor and that will likely continue as DS dies of in the US. WiiU just launched to around 80% of the sales of Wii despite selling in a very different environment and at a significantly higher pricepoint. As a shareholder I'm very pleased. The philosophy of not going all out to push tech boundries is very wise. The low price and touchscreen interface should appeal to a mass-market audience. People may want a better-looking NSMBU, but it was probably affordable to produce and should generate buckets of profits. And as far as 3rd party support goes as a gamer I want it but if it doesn't come I'll just buy a PS4 or Nextbox depending on which seems better. But as a shareholder I don't really care as long as the systems still sell. 3rd party is great, but if you have a 1st part dominated system you make way more profits since you make more money off 1st party. I only want to see more 3rd party support in that it will help drive sales, especially late-life sales...but by then I will have probably sold my stock anyway.

What was your entry point? Mine was 14.40$ :(

I started picking it up as it started to really fall in the summer. My overall average is $13.92.  I feel confident that we'll see it fly past $20 at some point this year, but I'm kicking myself for not selling at $17 and re-buying now. I didn't anticipate this fall though...and there's really no  reason for it.  They will most likely hit their projections, and the yen falling in value is wonderful for them. I think 14.40 will make you very happy, but it may take a year.

I'm kicking myself too for not selling at 17.50$. Anywho, let's hope this investment works for the both of us.

before wii and ds nintendo was in the same position i mean they didnt loose money
but stock was the same..so no reason to blame anyone except stupid investors.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kljesta64 said:
before wii and ds nintendo was in the same position i mean they didnt loose money
but stock was the same..so no reason to blame anyone except stupid investors.

You do know Nintendo lost money for the first time in its publicly traded history last year, right?  Whose fault is that?

The fact Nintendo's stock price is trading today at pre-Wii, 2005 era levels, shows Nintendo has squandered opportunities and shareholder value.

Sure an investor can blame themselves ultimately for a bad investment, but a stock-share represents actual company value - and that's up to Nintendo.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

I know it is hard, but it may be time for new leadership. Dare I say...Miyamotos retirement? So fare he has been used to promote rushed Mario games. People hated Skyward Sword and Pikmin 3 will be lucky to beat his last creation of love: Wii music.

Pikmin 3 would have to be lucky to beat Miyamot's last creation of love.  After all, selling over 3 million copies is no easy feat. 

yes i know.

and no its not just up to nintendo...this year they can sell everything they produce and stock will not go significantly up

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Eh, part of the issue is that Iwata while making some mistakes did help keep the company afloat with the DS and Wii. The 3DS has stabilized and the Wii U is still fairly new and only been in Japan for a month.

Heck, truthfully, in Japan Nintendo is still doing good thanks to the DS/3DS, it is the other parts of the Western world where a lot of money is heading that they are having trouble retaining power. 3rd parties, specifically Japanese ones are also starting to switch toward Western markets and this is the real reason why Nintendo felt pressured to release the Wii U. Time will tell for the Wii U but at this point only its failure would cause a Nintendo head to leave the company. Miyamoto is on the way out mainly because he is old but even that may take a year or two and not before they have him release some highly promoted game they can market as his last.

Nintendo Network ID = itsJabby

itsJabby said:

Iwata-San!  I want more sales!