By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: Pokemon X and Y announced for 3DS! Coming October 2013 worldwide!

Which starter is the best?

Fennekin (Fire starter) 186 60.39%

Chespin (Grass Starter) 61 19.81%

Forakie (Water Starter) 57 18.51%

Total:304
Carl2291 said:
NintendoPie said:

Why in the world would you think that? He was so cute! (Not to mention his final evolution, Empoleon. He was pretty cool.)

Thats what my girlfriend says

The anime. The anime totally killed Piplup. It was just such a little shit. I hate it with a passion!

Empoleon was kinda cool, they just didnt appeal to me. Then again, a whole bunch of Gen 4 Pokemon didnt appeal to me.

Yup, he was pretty much a jerk in the Anime.

Around the Network

I don't know what starter I'm gonna pick... -_-

ganoncrotch said:
tbone51 said:
Since were on th subject pokemon gen 4 only has two pokemon i own Toxicroak and Garchomp!!!

you own 2? like in black2 I don't understand. Also a little off topic but mate, your signature is absolutely massive like when I clicked quote and only seen that just one line of your post was the actual message and the rest is signature. I thought I had clicked the wrong message first and had to go back and check. 43 posts a day tho! Can see where you're gathering so much bits and pieces to fill up the sig :D

lmao, Didn't think i needed all that space but 2 bets came in the last 3days!!! Also gen 4 was cool, I like all gens for specific reasons like gen 4 was the mechanics! Lots of evos but none for me. this gen 6 looks very promising though, haven't had a starter since gen 2! This one looks like i'll have one, maybe two! (Grass and Water)

I liked Chespin

“Nobody dies a virgin... Life fucks us all.”
― Kurt Cobain

i guess i will be buying this.

Around the Network
Aielyn said:

Looks can be deceiving, regarding types. It's possible that they're meant to look like Fire/Water/Grass, but are, for instance, all Normal types. They do all look fairly "normal" as far as pokemon go - they look mostly like the animals they're based on, rather than being relatively fanciful. The fire type doesn't have fire coming off its body or otherwise look particularly fiery. The grass type doesn't even look like it's made of grass, just like it's wearing a grass-shaped hoodie. The water type looks like a blue frog. I'm not saying that they're not Fire/Water/Grass - that's the most likely case. But it's not yet confirmed.

As for Chikorita, I assume you're asking because I added "or amphibian". That was mostly just a catch to make sure that anyone who disagreed about one of them being a reptile (which is likely - that they're all reptiles, that is) doesn't get to complain. Mostly, Venusaur and Meganium are the ones that might not be 100% reptile, as they are a little more fanciful in design than the others. And yes, most fire starters are orange... with red. Orange and yellow, with no sign of flames, smoke, or other signs of fire, could just as easily be pure Psychic (think of the Abra line, yellow with some brown), for instance. And perhaps frogs are associated differently by region. In Australia, Green Tree Frogs are quite common. Cane Toads are even more common. Few really associate them with water - indeed, cane toads are usually found hiding from the rain - they live in burrows, and when it rains, their burrows get wet and they make their way out of them, often onto verandahs of houses and to other such dry locations.

And you seem to be calling Flareon a fox because it's red, has a dog-like face, and a fuzzy tail. This is somewhat of a stretch, in my opinion. Indeed, to me, it's closer to a hare than a fox (based on its ears, legs, the fluffy tail, and the relatively short face), although I stand by my decision to call it a dog.

So it looks like a fox, more so than the new starter but isn't because you say so... Ok. It's colouration matches a fox perfectly, it has the iconic orange coat and a white underbelly with a bushy white tail foxes oftern have white tipped tails. It doesn't have the boddy structure of a hare at all, but I guess you are refering to the ears but they don't have the trademark flop of a hare.

Really not seeing a whole lot of red TBH, orange and a lighter yellowish colour is pretty standard for fire starters. And I still say it looks like a chiwawa

Frogs are still commonly asociated with water.If your arguement is some sub species spend less time in water than land and only spawn in water. Then I give you the Galápagos tortoise which only enters water or muddy pools to cool off and spends 99% of their lives on dry land and even lay eggs on dry land. They spend most of their life sunbathing or eating grass in the feild. Hence the fact they made it into a grass pokemon...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

What do you guys think of this?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-01-08/pokemon-head/anime-cards-to-also-enter-new-dimension

he Pokémon Company president Tsunekazu Ishihara noted in a comment regarding Tuesday's announcement about the new Pokémon X and Pokémon Y games that similarly to the new games, the franchise's anime, films, card games, and merchandise will "also enter a new dimension."

Wii U Pokemon game with NFC technology a la Skylanders? Money maker

It's nice they finally go 3d, but I won't purchase right away until I find out the story structure...pokemon whites story drove me mad.

1. Did the rumors about visiting the different regions pan out?

2. 3d models look like ass

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
1. Did the rumors about visiting the different regions pan out?

2. 3d models look like ass

Oh no u didn't. Meanie :(