By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: Pokemon X and Y announced for 3DS! Coming October 2013 worldwide!

Which starter is the best?

Fennekin (Fire starter) 186 60.39%

Chespin (Grass Starter) 61 19.81%

Forakie (Water Starter) 57 18.51%

Total:304

:(
I was hoping for a 3d remake of all the other gens on 1 cartridge like it was rumored.
This looks interesting though. Makes me want a 3ds.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

It looks awesome. I can't wait for the new Pokemon games.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

zarx said:
Aielyn said:

Looks can be deceiving, regarding types. It's possible that they're meant to look like Fire/Water/Grass, but are, for instance, all Normal types. They do all look fairly "normal" as far as pokemon go - they look mostly like the animals they're based on, rather than being relatively fanciful. The fire type doesn't have fire coming off its body or otherwise look particularly fiery. The grass type doesn't even look like it's made of grass, just like it's wearing a grass-shaped hoodie. The water type looks like a blue frog. I'm not saying that they're not Fire/Water/Grass - that's the most likely case. But it's not yet confirmed.

As for Chikorita, I assume you're asking because I added "or amphibian". That was mostly just a catch to make sure that anyone who disagreed about one of them being a reptile (which is likely - that they're all reptiles, that is) doesn't get to complain. Mostly, Venusaur and Meganium are the ones that might not be 100% reptile, as they are a little more fanciful in design than the others. And yes, most fire starters are orange... with red. Orange and yellow, with no sign of flames, smoke, or other signs of fire, could just as easily be pure Psychic (think of the Abra line, yellow with some brown), for instance. And perhaps frogs are associated differently by region. In Australia, Green Tree Frogs are quite common. Cane Toads are even more common. Few really associate them with water - indeed, cane toads are usually found hiding from the rain - they live in burrows, and when it rains, their burrows get wet and they make their way out of them, often onto verandahs of houses and to other such dry locations.

And you seem to be calling Flareon a fox because it's red, has a dog-like face, and a fuzzy tail. This is somewhat of a stretch, in my opinion. Indeed, to me, it's closer to a hare than a fox (based on its ears, legs, the fluffy tail, and the relatively short face), although I stand by my decision to call it a dog.

So it looks like a fox, more so than the new starter but isn't because you say so... Ok. It's colouration matches a fox perfectly, it has the iconic orange coat and a white underbelly with a bushy white tail foxes oftern have white tipped tails. It doesn't have the boddy structure of a hare at all, but I guess you are refering to the ears but they don't have the trademark flop of a hare.

Really not seeing a whole lot of red TBH, orange and a lighter yellowish colour is pretty standard for fire starters. And I still say it looks like a chiwawa

It's clearly based on a Fennec fox, it's even in it's name. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fennec_fox

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:

It's clearly based on a Fennec fox, it's even in it's name. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fennec_fox

well they so look like it lol 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Possible final Evo's

The frog one looks gross... :/

http://leviathyn.com/games-2/news/2013/01/09/possible-pokemon-x-and-y-starter-evolutions/

Around the Network

As horrible as I think it looks it'll still sell like hot cakes :/

My inner child is preety freaking excited for this!! I havent played a pokemon game since Ruby. The only thing that makes me not want to play is how much the game has changed, All these EV crap makes you not even wanna battle people online :/

F0X said:
Am I the only person who thinks this game will take place in the Pokemon version of France?
It did appear to me as if Pikachu was sitting on top of the Eiffel Tower at the beginning of the trailer. :/

I think they are just trying to show how the game is going worldwide in it's release, And they did mention that they want the game to feel as if you are playing with players from across the world.

I think this will be the biggest pokemon game ever made, It'll probably have multiple regions.

lol all the ev and iv crap has always been there, its just that we understand it all now. i personally am too lazy to go through all that crap

Kuramakun said:
F0X said:
Am I the only person who thinks this game will take place in the Pokemon version of France?
It did appear to me as if Pikachu was sitting on top of the Eiffel Tower at the beginning of the trailer. :/

I think they are just trying to show how the game is going worldwide in it's release, And they did mention that they want the game to feel as if you are playing with players from across the world.

I think this will be the biggest pokemon game ever made, It'll probably have multiple regions.

There's also a part of the teaser where the trainer is running through the Pokemon version of Paris (with the Eiffel Tower in the background). However, I can see it having up to two regions. Any more would be difficult to square with the series formula.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero