By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 'Crysis 3' not coming to Wii U due to lack of "business drive"

Mensrea said:
Who cares? If you want to play it, play it on the PS360PC. The last thing the Wii U needs is more ports. EA doesn't make anything good anyway.

it is not so much that the game is not coming but the BS reason they gave for why it is not coming. Hence if you read the whole thread you will see why people are arguing about it. It is all to do with EA being butt hurt.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Mr Khan said:
Euphoria14 said:
Mr Khan said:

So we've established that everyone has low expectations for third parties. Good.

I never said that.

You said that third parties can't be responsible for building a market. Ergo, third parties aren't responsible for leadership or outside-the-box thinking. Thus, low expectations.

Building a shooter market.

Nintendo built a fitness market and 3rd parties followed. Nintendo built a party games market and 3rd parties followed. Nintendo  built a platformers market, 3rd parties followed.

Nintendo doesn't seem to want to build a 1st person or 3rd person market, so why would 3rd parties do it for them? Especially if they have enough of a market to work with already on PS3, 360 and PC?

Until Nintendo puts in the work as well to built that market, them don't expect to see them until the WiiU userbase grows.

I would argue that Sony and Microsoft didn't build a shooter market.   Argueably you could argue that 360 expanded it with Halo.

Playstation was just popular when third parties made the shooter market what it is today... and Nintendo... was the N64.  It had goldeneye, and perfect dark but... that's about it.  Third parties have made the market on pretty much every system except Nintendos.   I don't think companies should feel forced to build certain markets for a console, but i'd say it's wholey disengenious to also suggest that nintendo should be forced to build every market... when neither of their competitors really have built any of their markets.

Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Mr Khan said:
Euphoria14 said:
Mr Khan said:

So we've established that everyone has low expectations for third parties. Good.

I never said that.

You said that third parties can't be responsible for building a market. Ergo, third parties aren't responsible for leadership or outside-the-box thinking. Thus, low expectations.

Nintendo built a fitness market and 3rd parties followed. Nintendo built a party games market and 3rd parties followed. Nintendo  built a platformers market, 3rd parties followed.

Nintendo doesn't seem to want to build a 1st person or 3rd person market, so why would 3rd parties do it for them? Especially if they have enough of a market to work with already on PS3, 360 and PC?

Until Nintendo puts in the work as well to built that market, them don't expect to see them until the WiiU userbase grows.

I would argue that Sony and Microsoft didn't build a shooter market.   Argueably you could argue that 360 expanded it with Halo.

Playstation was just popular when third parties made the shooter market what it is today... and Nintendo... was the N64.  It had goldeneye, and perfect dark but... that's about it.

The only market I could see you argueing Sony made was the racer market... but that's still a market they mostly dominate.

What I was saying was that Sony put forth an effort to establish a shooter base from the get go by creating them while Nintendo isn't. MS also makes them while paying out for others.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Mr Khan said:
oniyide said:
THe funny thing is all these people whining would not have bought the game on Wii U anyway. Crysis doesnt need Wii U and Wii u dont need Crysis. Simple

Who's to say? I'm not a shooter fan, but other folks might be. There is a lot of intersection between the Nintendo and PC fandoms (largely because the two platforms are so far apart from one another in makeup)

oh please, you just said in this very thread that you have no interest in the game whatsoever. Forget already? Why speak for other theoritical people? The irony is that you bought Ninja Gaiden 3 for Wii U and it did TERRIBLE, probably one of the lowest selling ones in the library so far. 

Cobretti2 said:
noname2200 said:
Cobretti2 said:
Clearly Nintendo is not offering any competition in the FPS genre atm so now the reason is "business decision" coincidentally after we herd what happened with Origin all those months ago now.

It is the first-party's sole responsibility to nurture a healthy environment and blaze a trail for third-parties to thrive on their systems.

Thanks for ignoring my first line.

I would almost argue based on the current performance of only 1million units each on PS3 and 360, a better business decision would be to make the franchise Wii U exclusive as their is no competition for the game there unlike on the hd twins which have halo, killzone, COD, resistance etc.. If they released the full trilogy it could grow with Nintendo's help. Sureit is a huge risk but a risk worth taking. If it doesnt grow then nothing lost as they would simply port C3 to the other systems.

You mean like how they did for Conduit?? Yeah that worked out fantastic. Its Crysis the sequel was released on systems that never got the first one so thats one reason why it didnt do too well. And a mil plus on each? not even counting PC sales? Not too bad.

Around the Network
MonstaMack said:
This is not a late port rather a release timing with the 360/PS3 versions one would assume?
If so, that's a bad business move not to put it on the Wii U.

*HOWEVER* if they were talking 6+ months down the road when It's already out on the 360/PS3? Understandable.

This makes no sense though, you first paragraph is impossible. The game will be out in 5 WEEKS. There is no way in hell even if they started porting this second that it will be ready. Unless they do a crappy job and we have something worst thant the AC3 Wii U situation, and Ubi had more time on that. 

oniyide said:
oh please, you just said in this very thread that you have no interest in the game whatsoever. Forget already? Why speak for other theoritical people? The irony is that you bought Ninja Gaiden 3 for Wii U and it did TERRIBLE, probably one of the lowest selling ones in the library so far.

Note that Ninja Gaiden 3's Japanese sales aren't currently being tracked by VGChartz, but did chart according to MediaCreate. Also, US data may be incomplete, as no data before week 4 is listed... but it's possible that the week 4 data includes data from weeks 1-3 (the release date for the game had to be fixed, and sometimes that results in all previous data being lumped into the first week of update). Oddly, there's European data, despite the game not having released in Europe yet.

oniyide said:
Cobretti2 said:
noname2200 said:
Cobretti2 said:
Clearly Nintendo is not offering any competition in the FPS genre atm so now the reason is "business decision" coincidentally after we herd what happened with Origin all those months ago now.

It is the first-party's sole responsibility to nurture a healthy environment and blaze a trail for third-parties to thrive on their systems.

Thanks for ignoring my first line.

I would almost argue based on the current performance of only 1million units each on PS3 and 360, a better business decision would be to make the franchise Wii U exclusive as their is no competition for the game there unlike on the hd twins which have halo, killzone, COD, resistance etc.. If they released the full trilogy it could grow with Nintendo's help. Sureit is a huge risk but a risk worth taking. If it doesnt grow then nothing lost as they would simply port C3 to the other systems.

You mean like how they did for Conduit?? Yeah that worked out fantastic. Its Crysis the sequel was released on systems that never got the first one so thats one reason why it didnt do too well. And a mil plus on each? not even counting PC sales? Not too bad.

Bring up the Conduit and forget about GoldenEye.

2 GoldenEye 007 (2010) Wii 2010 Action Activision 0.79 0.65 0.13 0.18 1.75
3 Goldeneye 007: Reloaded PS3 2011 Shooter Activision 0.27 0.25 0.00 0.11 0.63
4 Goldeneye 007: Reloaded X360 2011 Shooter Activision 0.21 0.15 0.00 0.05 0.41

mai said:

Could anybody translate "lack of business drive" from business English to regular English?

I'm not fluent just yet, but I will take a crack at it.

"We would like to, but upper management will not let us."

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Mr Khan said:
Euphoria14 said:
Mr Khan said:

I never said that.

Playstation was just popular when third parties made the shooter market what it is today... and Nintendo... was the N64.  It had goldeneye, and perfect dark but... that's about it.

The only market I could see you argueing Sony made was the racer market... but that's still a market they mostly dominate.

What I was saying was that Sony put forth an effort to establish a shooter base from the get go by creating them while Nintendo isn't. MS also makes them while paying out for others.

I don't think that is what established the shooter base though.   I think the shooter base is on Sony platforms, because people who like shooters like Sony.   Afterall, that doesn't explain why various other third party created bases exist where they do.

Why is 360 the Madden Box.... Microsoft never created a Sports base.

With Nintendo it was just a lack of proper timing.   

Had Nintendo did exactly what they did in the PS1 era (outside being douches who scared off third parties) and they got PS1 level support.  I'd be positive the Wii U would have an already established shooter base that rivals Sony's shooter base today.

Furthermore, I would guess that even if Nintendo made the most revlutionary shooter since Wolfenstein... it still wouldn't matter.

Videogame markets are weird in that it seems like brand assosiation is EXTREMELY important.

There is of course plenty of value to go "counter stream" with a product to appeal to Wii U shooter fans... but Crysis really isn't that game.  

I still think Nintendo should make a shooter though.   Call it "Return to Castle Bowser" make it a downloadable game in the vein of an oldschool shooter.  Would be good fun.  Fire Flowers, Hamer Bro Hammers, shells etc.