By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's up with the Wii U in Japan? Where are the third party games? (Hint: Nowhere)

Will Wii U get more support than the Wii in Japan?

Asolutely, 3rd parties ar... 75 21.01%

Probably, Nintendo alread... 117 32.77%

Not so sure, It all depen... 52 14.57%

Unlikely, none of the big... 53 14.85%

No way, 3rd parties will ... 60 16.81%

Total:357
trestres said:

I think this might be an opportune time to revive this thread.
2 investors meetings have passed by and still, no new announcements. Not even multiplatform games are getting a Wii U version in Japan.

Looking at the upcoming 3rd party schedule we got a year old+ 3DS port coming to all HD platforms and 3 western localizations. Besides that there's nothing else and there probably won't be for a very, very long time if ever. Depressing.

Wanted to check on people's opinions now that the panorama for this year is clear.

What Japanese multiplats have been announced that Wii U is missing?

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:
trestres said:

2 investors meetings have passed by and still, no new announcements. Not even multiplatform games are getting a Wii U version in Japan.

Looking at the upcoming 3rd party schedule we got a year old+ 3DS port coming to all HD platforms and 3 western localizations. Besides that there's nothing else and there probably won't be for a very, very long time if ever. Depressing.

Wanted to check on people's opinions now that the panorama for this year is clear.

Most recent is a Dead or Alive 5 project by Tecmo Koei. Will need to check further, but there are some games.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Either non existent or still being developed. I'm leaning towards the latter, even Nintendo is struggling to release games for their console

There is ONE 3rd party Japanese game for WiiU that's not a port. Released OR announced. And it's this:

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

They're on the 3DS.

Around the Network

Yup. Nothing at all this year.

mii-gamer said:
Either non existent or still being developed. I'm leaning towards the latter, even Nintendo is struggling to release games for their console

I don't think so. Wii U's architecture isn't tough according to developers. It's Nintendo's fault their games aren't out due to their lack of HD development experience, but the rest of the companies have been working on HD games for about 10 years now.

They're basically non existent, as you firstly suspected.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
trestres said:

Most recent is a Dead or Alive 5 project by Tecmo Koei. Will need to check further, but there are some games.

I can't think of anything relevant.  Only garbage you might throw at old systems that have a 150 million userbase and hope some sales stick.

The idea that Wii U has been missing Japanese 3rd party multiplats is completely false at this stage, and you proved the point with your response.  Nothing has been announced for Next Gen, and little for PS360 of any value.  The one title that comes to mind is the RE 3DS port, and Wii U is getting that.  Wii U isn't missing anything, not anymore than any other system.  Not yet anyway.

Troll_Whisperer said:

There is ONE 3rd party Japanese game for WiiU that's not a port. Released OR announced. And it's this:

I was afraid of this, and God forbid this becomes the norm, because it will be Wii all over again, except that this time, even these kinds of games will have a tough time selling as well.

I expected more out of NB considering their initial support, but it looks like they diverted from the effort route and went for the lazy, cheap one.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

badgenome said:
They're on the 3DS.

3DS, PS3, PSP and quite some on Vita or even 360.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies