By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The beachbody thread of friendship and victory (possible nsfw)

@scisa
it's better to start posting your photos now, because when you do it in public, you're more likely to follow through.

Around the Network

I think this thread could sell the site to more Women. Thank goodness!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

My lower body has been lagging my upper body so I've started on hiking with a weight vest and pistol squats.

I'm only in the first week of this program, but today's workout was:
-10 minute walk with a 50 lb weight vest
-3 sets of 3 pistol squats, both legs

The wheels and caboose have gotten bigger

i won't be starting my workout for another 2-6 months. i got other things to take care of first.

Go over your program because if you are doing some kind of program like P90X stop wasting your time and money. i will explain why later if you want but I can help you out. I've trained people before so if you give me statistics to go off of I can help and set you up your own personal program. And btw, whether you are trying to lose weight or gain weight your body is made in the kitchen, not the gym.

Around the Network
dallas said:
My lower body has been lagging my upper body so I've started on hiking with a weight vest and pistol squats.

I'm only in the first week of this program, but today's workout was:
-10 minute walk with a 50 lb weight vest
-3 sets of 3 pistol squats, both legs

The wheels and caboose have gotten bigger

I am the exact opposite. I love trail running and mountainbiking so my legs are pretty nice but I have a hard time to motivate myself to lift weights and stuff to train my upper body. It's just so dull. I had pretty nice 6-pack abs a year ago but I let myself go a little and could definitely lose 5-10 pounds.

I am at 154 lbs now and was at 143 lbs a year ago without doing significant muscle building sport so those 11 pounds are pretty much pure fat.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

So only pics from neck to balls right? I need to do this. Need to get back into another shape than round.

Maybe humiliation among my VGCers will be that piece to push me further.

So far I've only started to eat better.
No burgers, fried foods, unhealthy foods, soda, etc.
Gonna buy a home bench set, but until then... lots of walking with family, sex (yes its exercise), and probably start using Wii Fit again. It worked for me a while back. Dropped like 15lbs back then. Of course I've gained it all back....

I'll post a faceless pic later to hold myself accountable. Great idea prof!

I have finally started lifting for the first time... ever. Bench press and something that i don't know the name of (probably some sort of "Fly"), plus leg things. Now that the holidays have passed, i'll likely be eating better

The question is what happens when i start work (damn background checks).

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

theprof00 said:
@scisa
it's better to start posting your photos now, because when you do it in public, you're more likely to follow through.

I know... I'll think about it.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
are you doing that p90 wethever program ?

i start doing this last year then i had to stop after 1 month and half, dude i did those exercices only, no diet and those suplements they tell you to do and i was realy impress by the program.

good luck man i will start again next week xD

I'm doing a mix. Mostly "p90x" with a few "insanity" workouts added into the cycle. Insanity mainly works your legs, so I added those in the days my biceps and shoulders are too sore to do the legs and back workout properly. I also do one instead of kenpo, since this training is so easy that I don't even start to sweat during it. I moved it into the recovery week. Now I'm thinking about adding some p90x2 workouts, mainly the new yoga workout. I think it's shorter. Doing 95 minutes of yoga is so much time... I think the foam roller should also be great, professional athletes use those. The balls can also be a lot of fun and a friend of mine told me that the stability ball training actually works very well for her.

The exercises alone will give you a boost, but starting the diet is the real kicker, at least that's what it was for me. A real change is impossible without it. Supplements are the least important part of the equation, though they will help you increase the muscle mass if you don't get enough protein in your diet.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

superchunk said:
So only pics from neck to balls right? I need to do this. Need to get back into another shape than round.

Maybe humiliation among my VGCers will be that piece to push me further.

So far I've only started to eat better.
No burgers, fried foods, unhealthy foods, soda, etc.
Gonna buy a home bench set, but until then... lots of walking with family, sex (yes its exercise), and probably start using Wii Fit again. It worked for me a while back. Dropped like 15lbs back then. Of course I've gained it all back....

I'll post a faceless pic later to hold myself accountable. Great idea prof!

I think it shouldn't be neck to balls but all the way down. Legs have some huge muscles and their improvement will be easily noticable.

I'm just not so sure about the whole humiliation thing ;)

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.