By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 4 sells more in 7 weeks than GT:5 sold in its first year

And what if it doesn't get bundled and a new Halo launches on the next Xbox? Who cares. I like to rely on reality.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
And what if it doesn't get bundled and a new Halo launches on the next Xbox? Who cares. I like to rely on reality.

Just making a educated guess based on history. Halos get bundled after the initial front loaded sales die down. You don't care, ok. Then you really have no business in this thread.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Both franchises get bundled. And don't confuse lack of caring about hypotheticals or what ifs with anything else, thanks :)

slowmo said:
Jay520 said:
slowmo said:
dsgrue3 said:
slowmo said:
I thought we had come to the agreement on this site that a product selling better right NOW meant it was king and that past sales and total sales dont matter anymore... At least a number of Sony fans have been preaching this all week.

So that's where Sales2099 got that. Always wondered. Doesn't make sense coming from a Sony fan, doesn't make sense coming from a Microsoft fan, and doesn't make sense coming from a Nintendo fan. It simply does not make sense. lol

I think Sales picks on GT5 because a lot of the manic pro Sony camp hailed it as the second coming giving it the sort of hype in quality and sales that no game could realistically achieve.   

Sales2099 didn't join this site until mid 2011, months after GT5 released, so...yeah.

That hype was on every site Jay but you can pretend nobody thought it would sell or review well if you like.

Looks like you've progressed from Sony fans saying its the "second coming giving it hype no game could receive" to Sony fans "thought it would well or review well." Still doesn't make sense to mock people for something you didn't experience them doing.

Jay520 said:
slowmo said:
Jay520 said:
slowmo said:
dsgrue3 said:
slowmo said:
I thought we had come to the agreement on this site that a product selling better right NOW meant it was king and that past sales and total sales dont matter anymore... At least a number of Sony fans have been preaching this all week.

So that's where Sales2099 got that. Always wondered. Doesn't make sense coming from a Sony fan, doesn't make sense coming from a Microsoft fan, and doesn't make sense coming from a Nintendo fan. It simply does not make sense. lol

I think Sales picks on GT5 because a lot of the manic pro Sony camp hailed it as the second coming giving it the sort of hype in quality and sales that no game could realistically achieve.   

Sales2099 didn't join this site until mid 2011, months after GT5 released, so...yeah.

That hype was on every site Jay but you can pretend nobody thought it would sell or review well if you like.

Looks like you've progressed from Sony fans saying its the "second coming giving it hype no game could receive" to Sony fans "thought it would well or review well." Still doesn't make sense to mock people for something you didn't experience them doing.

Just because people aren't gonna bring up 3 year old thread posts, and even if they did, im sure you would just dismiss it as the vocal few, you really like casually waiving your hand dismissing all the dirty laundry your faction has done. Some things are just common sense, things we just universally agree on. But there always the white knights of each faction who use "plausible deniability" to make their faction sqeaky clean. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Jay520 said:

Just because people aren't gonna bring up 3 year old thread posts, and even if they did, im sure you would just dismiss it as the vocal few, you really like casually waiving your hand dismissing all the dirty laundry your faction has done. Some things are just common sense, things we just universally agree on. But there always the white knights of each faction who use "plausible deniability" to make their faction sqeaky clean. 

So you admit your sig is just a childish attack at GT fans to make up for bitter feelings from three years ago, on some other site?

Not only that, but the signature doesn't even do much to attack GT or discredit anything those GT fans said. The average person on this site expected GT5 to sell 10m (if not less) in its lifetime, which it looks like it will. As for Forza, I'm sure many expected Forza games to sell 4-5m, after Forza 3's sales. 

So what exactly is your signature defying again? If anything, it's impressive for GT5 since it shows GT5 can keep up with racing sim games which just released.

Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:
Jay520 said:

So you admit your sig is just an attack at GT fans to make up for bitter feelings from three years ago, on some other site?

Not only that, but the signature doesn't even do much to attack GT or discredit anything those GT fans said. The average person on this site expected GT5 to sell 10m (if not less) in its lifetime, which it looks like it will. As for Forza, I'm sure many expected Forza games to sell 4-5m, after Forza 3's sales. 

So what exactly is your signature defying again? If anything, it's impressive for GT5 since it shows GT5 can keep up with racing sims which just released.

My sig merely shows that in 2012, as well as the years 2007, 2009, and 2011, Forza is the higher selling IP between the two. I know, unthinkable stuff ;)

This has nothing to do with my sig, I was just addressing your compulsive need to make PS3 fans out to be angels.

Why is this comparison being made? They're on different platforms, in different genres, and aimed at different people...

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:

My sig merely shows that in 2012, as well as the years 2007, 2009, and 2011, Forza is the higher selling IP between the two. I know, unthinkable stuff ;)

This has nothing to do with my sig, I was just addressing your compulsive need to make PS3 fans out to be angels.

You really are reaching with this. One-on-one, released on the same day, no Forza game would outsell GT. Ever. Why you choose to spin data the way you do is anyone's guess, but I would advise acceptance in this. 

Then id have to settle for the quality argument. But Ip sales are frankly underated. I think its important. One on one is just describing one moment essentially. IP generation sales gives the wide picture. Thats me anyway.

sales2099 said:

No, it's not unthinkable. No one expected the GT IP to outsell the Forza IP every year of the generation, especially before a mainline GT game even released. And certainly not years after GT5's release when its sales would obviously be lower than a new game. No one expected that, so no, it's not unthinkable and your sig isn't defying anything.

I never said PS3 fans are angels. Just pointing out the lack of logic for mocking someone for doing something you've never experience them personally doing.

You're just doing what you're always doing: Focusing on the absurd minority (found in every camp) to justify your own absurd behavior.