By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 4 sells more in 7 weeks than GT:5 sold in its first year

Ji99saw said:
CGI-Quality said:

So you made an accusation without the proper analysis to back it up? Got it.

And I'm quite chill. Just pointing out your blatant flaws, is all.

Apparently you didn't read the post this is what you said in the Halo vs GT thread. Now it appears you are back peddling

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4937695

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4938239

In that thread you claimed that GT is bigger but Halo series is selling a lot faster and the overall numbers speak for themselves, not to mention Halo 3 and Reach have both sold more than GT5 and Halo 4 is following it's footsteps, no matter what region sells better overall is all that matters. You even brought in a last gen game to try to bring in a last gen game to prove your point lol

So what he's right GT is bigger. Call me when Halo franchise sells 70m copies.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

I think outside the box. Its absurd because I challenge your opinion and that offends you. The thought that GT IP is losing post 2010 is something that just defies popular belief that GT is God in its genre. 

Is that your justification for your sig? LOL, if you want to carve out scenarios tailered toward Forza, then that's fine. But at least admit that's what you're doing; don't act like your doing some noble cause or something like that.

No one here believes GT is a God in its genre, at least not in the sense that they expect the Gran Turismo IP to outsell the Forza IP every year . No one thinks like that. Obviously, if a new game releases 1-2 years after a GT game, then the new would outsell GT for a certain period of time, especially as GT5's sales dies down. Everyone knows this, so your sig doesn't defy anything.

What people do believe is that Gran Turismo has by far the biggest audience and sells more units per installment than Forza, which your sig does nothing to dispute. So again, your sig isn't defying anything.

sales2099 said:
A_C_E said:
RaiderMX said:
A_C_E said:
think-man said:

Don't remember being able to shoot things in Gt5....What about a BO2 vs Halo 4 seems like a fair better comparison.

You know its funny, games in the racing genre for the HD twins very rarely get over 5 million sold.

My point is that Halo is not the biggest sales beast in its genre, it'll maybe get a third of the sales that CoD gets. GT on the other hand by far leads its genre never getting less than twice the amount of sales as the next racing game.

Genre dominance.

Well.. isn't like there is many franchises of racing simulators for starters... (unlike in other genres)

There are MANY more quality racing franchises out there than there are quality FPS on consoles and GT leads the way for their respected genre sooo...

Just because there are a bunch of crappy FPS games doesn't make it any easier or harder for Halo or CoD to sell. You make a good FPS, it is destined to sell. You make a good racing game it may or may not sell well but probably not. GT5 will sell 10 million in a difficult genre because it is the sales king of its genre, just like CoD is in FPS.

Quality > Quantity anyday, anyone who otherwise is just a follower.

GT PSP - 74 meta

GT 5 Proplogue: 80 meta

GT5 - Meta 84

Mainline Forzas are all 90+.

Im sorry but it lost its touch this generation. And please tell your last line to people like Ethomaz, who believe sales > quality.

When I said leading the way I meant sales, I just didn't clarify it in the sentence. I actually like Forza more than GT this gen but that 84 metacritic was from launch. GT5 is a much different game from launch due to the loyalty Polyphony has to their franchise. They update their game every week practically.

Wander_ said:
Ji99saw said:
CGI-Quality said:

Apparently you didn't read the post this is what you said in the Halo vs GT thread. Now it appears you are back peddling

In that thread you claimed that GT is bigger but Halo series is selling a lot faster and the overall numbers speak for themselves, not to mention Halo 3 and Reach have both sold more than GT5 and Halo 4 is following it's footsteps, no matter what region sells better overall is all that matters. You even brought in a last gen game to try to bring in a last gen game to prove your point lol

He really isn't right and Halo will cruise past GT easily next gen.  Halo 3, 4 and Reach have all outsold GT5.  

I agree the topic can be locked now before the new faces get themselves banned.

slowmo said:
Wander_ said:
Ji99saw said:
CGI-Quality said:

He really isn't right and Halo will cruise past GT easily next gen.  Halo 3, 4 and Reach have all outsold GT5.  

I agree the topic can be locked now before the new faces get themselves banned.

there's a 22million gap between the 2. So yeah CGI is right. And i dont care about next gen right now GT is KING!!

Around the Network

Halo 4 was a disappointment and GT5 is a bigger disappointment. Sales doesn't change that me.

CGI-Quality said:
Ji99saw said:
CGI-Quality said:
Ji99saw said:
CGI-Quality said:
Ji99saw said:

Aren't you the one that claimed earlier in this thread that GT was a lot bigger than Halo? Judging from sales data doesn't seem that way. lol

Please point out where I said GT was "a lot bigger than Halo". And, what does that have to do with my post?

First all bro chill as you can see there is a question mark at the end of that question (?) if you are unfamiliar with that symbol I suggest you use Google. It has nothing to do with your post I just saw your name and thought I would ask, and in GT vs Halo thread I distinctly remember you saying something to the effect of  GT is bigger than Halo and I was just trying to get clarification in the light of new data

In that thread you claimed that GT is bigger but Halo series is selling a lot faster and the overall numbers speak for themselves, not to mention Halo 3 and Reach have both sold more than GT5 and Halo 4 is following it's footsteps, no matter what region sells better overall is all that matters. You even brought in a last gen game to try  to prove your point lol

Interesting, both links help my last post. Besides, your initial accusation was referenced for this thread. Now you're moving to other topics (which ironically, you said in there that "Halo is bigger than GT will ever hope to be"). Key words: ever and hope.

The bottom line is your accusation was flimsy and, again, had nothing to do with my quote to sales2099. Seems you're still annoyed that you couldn't prove your case in another topic, so you choose this one, yet continue to prove nothing. But by all means, proceed to "lol".

Read underlined (I already said I was just wanted to ask a question and was not responding to your previous post) , and there are two verses threads by MBP and I knew you in one I thought it was this one but then remembered it was another thread. All I said was "Halo is a bigger franchise than GT" And you responded "around the world, Gran Turismo is far ahead". If you still do not understand I can explain it further. @ bolded I have also given you an ans sewer to your original question of when you said GT was bigger franchise. lol Please continue to deny evidence

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

I thought we had come to the agreement on this site that a product selling better right NOW meant it was king and that past sales and total sales dont matter anymore... At least a number of Sony fans have been preaching this all week.

@CGI-Quality, I meant to say his statement about you was wrong, I didn't agree that you had said GT overall was bigger as I know you didn't. Halo 4 hasn't outsold GT5 yet but its not going to be even close is it given the trending and you can forgive me Reach as I thought it was about time some people got a jab back given what they've been spouting this week

CGI-Quality said:
Ji99saw said:
CGI-Quality said:

Interesting, both links help my last post. Besides, your initial accusation was referenced for this thread. Now you're moving to other topics (which ironically, you said in there that "Halo is bigger than GT will ever hope to be"). Key words: ever and hope.

The bottom line is your accusation was flimsy and, again, had nothing to do with my quote to sales2099. Seems you're still annoyed that you couldn't prove your case in another topic, so you choose this one, yet continue to prove nothing. But by all means, proceed to "lol".

Read underlined (I already said I was just wanted to ask a question and was not responding to your previous post) , and there are two verses threads by MBP and I knew you in one I thought it was this one but then remembered it was another thread. All I said was "Halo is a bigger franchise than GT" And you responded "around the world, Gran Turismo is far ahead". If you still do not understand I can explain it further. @ bolded I have also given you an ans sewer to your original question of when you said GT was bigger franchise. lol Please continue to deny evidence

It's pretty sad that you're the only one that doesn't seem to get it, but being that I know what I said, and have backed it up, you can continue to debate it alone. Good day.

Figures, can't win so you lie. can't lie so you leave. Good Day Indeed

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

slowmo said:
I thought we had come to the agreement on this site that a product selling better right NOW meant it was king and that past sales and total sales dont matter anymore... At least a number of Sony fans have been preaching this all week.

So that's where Sales2099 got that. Always wondered. Doesn't make sense coming from a Sony fan, doesn't make sense coming from a Microsoft fan, and doesn't make sense coming from a Nintendo fan. It simply does not make sense. lol