By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 4 sells more in 7 weeks than GT:5 sold in its first year

I remember making a thread in mid 2009 asking if Halo was now more popular than Gran Turismo (which I thought it was). Most of the replies were either wait and see or something akin to laughing at the mere thought of Halo being more popular than Gran Turismo. I also remember getting pissed and being a general jerk by the end of that thread

Around the Network
maximrace said:
dsgrue3 said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:

Uhh huh... Then why do you stil have that sig?

I changed my sig to this as this is actually valid - 1 game vs 1 game, same year of release, extremely close LTD sales. It's basically showing the trend of each game as time goes on. Gears is selling at 1/3 the rate of UC3. Understand?

It has been bundled this year, gears not. Explains a lot

Doesn't matter how it sells, just that it does. Chalk it up however you like, Gears of War 3 still sold 1/3 of what UC3 did in 2012. End of.

RaiderMX said:
Wander_ said:
maximrace said:

Hahahahah owned!

No he's not owned. he made it just to mock sales2099

?

I don't get what is his problem with sales2099 sig; both sigs have valid points.

Forza IP was more relevant in 2012 than GT 5
Uncharted 3 was more relevant in 2012 than Gears of War 3

For the record; Halo Reach had like 50k or less people playing online... I know that chart is the last we have, but you can make a research and find that Gears of War 3 was between top 10 and 20 almost all this year... Gears 2 even with the terrible lag and matchmaking was in top10 for two years....

So both points are true.

Sorry. but im too stupid to understand you're point. We're talking about sales right?

"You know that nowhere in my post did it say sales alone are not an accomplishment"

okay

"Halo 4 burning through copies quicker than GT5 at launch is some sort of accomplishment. It isn't."

Because this totally doesn't imply that. You've said Halo 4 selling more at launch than GT5 isn't an accomplishment, correct? Back to the original post I replied to, you implied that Halo is selling better than GT because Shooters are mainstream this gen. I argued that Halo was always selling even when RPGs were mainstream. I also made the point that Killzone (and many shooters may I add) should've sold better by that logic. You then sidestep by switching the argument saying it was too soon to compare. I said there's nothing wrong with comparing games that are in the process of selling (I mean this is a sales site). But hey guess I fail at reading comprehension. :)

Where's jay520 when you need him

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Ji99saw said:
CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:

I think outside the box. Its absurd because I challenge your opinion and that offends you. The thought that GT IP is losing post 2010 is something that just defies popular belief that GT is God in its genre. I never cared what people on the internet think of me.

You care too much. You flatteringly imitate my sig, you flood my wall despite saying your not invested in GT as much, and you claim my approach is wrong because it just wasn't done before. Well excuse me princess, I just do me.

What exactly is GT losing, though? It will never be topped by Forza in the long run and beyond that, the comparison reeks of desperation. Also, on this site, I think Uncharted is held in higher regard than GT. 

Regardless, whether or not GT is outsold for a few weeks/months by a brand new Forza game, your feelings on the matter are reflected more in that sig than anything else you're trying to expose from a few, vocal Sony fans.

Aren't you the one that claimed earlier in this thread that GT was a lot bigger than Halo? Judging from sales data doesn't seem that way. lol

Please point out where I said GT was "a lot bigger than Halo". And, what does that have to do with my post?

First all bro chill as you can see there is a question mark at the end of that question (?) if you are unfamiliar with that symbol I suggest you use Google. It has nothing to do with your post I just saw your name and thought I would ask, and in GT vs Halo thread I distinctly remember you saying something to the effect of  GT is bigger than Halo and I was just trying to get clarification in the light of new data

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

It's time for one of the mods to lock this thread before it gets any uglier!

Somini said:
Sony has already generated enough money from Gran Turismo on the PS3. GT5P sails also count as GT5 sails. Let's also not forget that GT5 didn't cost a 100 million dollars to make like Halo 4 did so Microsoft has to sell more copies by default to earn the same amount of money as Sony has made.

Can you back up those bold claims with reliable sources?

CGI-Quality said:
Ji99saw said:
CGI-Quality said:
Ji99saw said:

Aren't you the one that claimed earlier in this thread that GT was a lot bigger than Halo? Judging from sales data doesn't seem that way. lol

Please point out where I said GT was "a lot bigger than Halo". And, what does that have to do with my post?

First all bro chill as you can see there is a question mark at the end of that question (?) if you are unfamiliar with that symbol I suggest you use Google. It has nothing to do with your post I just saw your name and thought I would ask, and in GT vs Halo thread I distinctly remember you saying something to the effect of  GT is bigger than Halo and I was just trying to get clarification in the light of new data

So you made an accusation without the proper analysis to back it up? Got it.

And I'm quite chill. Just pointing out your blatant flaws, is all.

Apparently you didn't read the post this is what you said in the Halo vs GT thread. Now it appears you are back peddling

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4937695

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4938239

In that thread you claimed that GT is bigger but Halo series is selling a lot faster and the overall numbers speak for themselves, not to mention Halo 3 and Reach have both sold more than GT5 and Halo 4 is following it's footsteps, no matter what region sells better overall is all that matters. You even brought in a last gen game to try  to prove your point lol

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

Ji99saw said:
CGI-Quality said:
Ji99saw said:
CGI-Quality said:
Ji99saw said:

So you made an accusation without the proper analysis to back it up? Got it.

And I'm quite chill. Just pointing out your blatant flaws, is all.

Apparently you didn't read the post this is what you said in the Halo vs GT thread. Now it appears you are back peddling

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4937695

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4938239

In that thread you claimed that GT is bigger but Halo series is selling a lot faster and the overall numbers speak for themselves, not to mention Halo 3 and Reach have both sold more than GT5 and Halo 4 is following it's footsteps, no matter what region sells better overall is all that matters. You even brought in a last gen game to try to bring in a last gen game to prove your point lol

"Besides, in the past, GT was bigger in Japan and Europe. In the present, GT is bigger in the same markets." He didn't say GT is bigger overall, just those two markets.