By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 4 sells more in 7 weeks than GT:5 sold in its first year

sales2099 said:
Humans can have differing opinions or change their minds as time goes by. To stand still in body and especially in mind is to not progress in life :)

But my last line proves my logic is transferable. Doesn't mean my life is now condemned to just comparing yearly sales. I can do lifetime sales when appropriate. I think I just hit a nerve, youll fell better tomorrow.

Yep, illogical comparisons do indeed "hit a nerve", really fallacies in general. And that, is why I take issue with your sig. Sure, you are free to make whatever argument you so choose, just be prepared to be called out for hypocrisy when you do. 

The problem is, you make up random comparisons when you can suit your agenda. It's just absurd, and probably why no one takes you seriously.

Around the Network
dsgrue3 said:
sales2099 said:
Humans can have differing opinions or change their minds as time goes by. To stand still in body and especially in mind is to not progress in life :)

But my last line proves my logic is transferable. Doesn't mean my life is now condemned to just comparing yearly sales. I can do lifetime sales when appropriate. I think I just hit a nerve, youll fell better tomorrow.

Yep, illogical comparisons do indeed "hit a nerve", really fallacies in general. And that, is why I take issue with your sig. Sure, you are free to make whatever argument you so choose, just be prepared to be called out for hypocrisy when you do. 

The problem is, you make up random comparisons when you can suit your agenda. It's just absurd, and probably why no one takes you seriously.

I think outside the box. Its absurd because I challenge your opinion and that offends you. The thought that GT IP is losing post 2010 is something that just defies popular belief that GT is God in its genre. I never cared what people on the internet think of me.

You care too much. You flatteringly imitate my sig, you flood my wall despite saying your not invested in GT as much, and you insult me to other people without provocation, claiming my approach is wrong because it just wasn't done before. Well excuse me princess, I just do me.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Wander_ said:
maximrace said:
Halo 4 gets msft extra gold members so that adds up to the profit aswell. I think in the long run they will both have made the same amount of money. BUT Halo is a franchise you can expand out of games ( eg, forward unto dawn) and make money with. GT isn't.

Sony can make a Gran Turismo film i dont how but they can.

Lol I don't see that happen the following years :p.

sales2099 said:
dsgrue3 said:
sales2099 said:

I think outside the box. Its absurd because I challenge your opinion and that offends you. The thought that GT IP is losing post 2010 is something that just defies popular belief that GT is God in its genre. I never cared what people on the internet think of me.

You care too much. You flatteringly imitate my sig, you flood my wall despite saying your not invested in GT as much, and you insult me to other people without provocation, claiming my approach is wrong because it just wasn't done before. Well excuse me princess, I just do me.

Atleast his sig has a 2011 game VS a 2011 game. not a bunch new flopy floperson games vs 2 year old game.

Pew! Pew! Pew!

Thats all I can here between two particular users in this thread.

Yay!!!

Around the Network
iceland said:
J_Allard said:
iceland said:
J_Allard said:

FPS rapidly outselling a sim racer. Why would this shock anyone?

With this logic shouldn't Killzone have sold better?

Just saying, Halo was selling when RPGs were big it's always been popular regardless of what is "in" same goes for GT.

I think it's a pretty fair comparison 

Do you think KZ is close to Halo in terms of following or sales power? I sure as heck don't. And of course Halo always sold, it's a FPS and a good one at that.

GT sales are a slow burn. If you're going to compare GT5 sales to past games as you are doing, then wait 2-3 more years then come back.

That's my point :)

And I'm just saying that both of them have sold regardless of what is popular in the industry, both are top exclusive IPs, the whole "FPS outselling Sim racer, Shocker!" line doesn't exactly apply here. 

It's ok, you're allowed to be wrong. That line does apply here, especially when you take into account the fact that this isn't even a life time sales comparison. The thread is trying to pass off the idea that Halo 4 burning through copies quicker than GT5 at launch is some sort of accomplishment. It isn't. Anyone with a shred of understanding of the market and the sales history of GT and Halo (or shooters in general) should understand that.

CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:

You care too much. You flatteringly imitate my sig, you flood my wall despite saying your not invested in GT as much, and you claim my approach is wrong because it just wasn't done before. Well excuse me princess, I just do me.

What exactly is GT losing, though? It will never be topped by Forza in the long run and beyond that, the comparison reeks of desperation. Also, on this site, I think Uncharted is held in higher regard than GT. 

Regardless, whether or not GT is outsold for a few weeks/months by a brand new Forza game, your feelings on the matter are reflected more in that sig than anything else you're trying to expose from a few, vocal Sony fans.

Aren't you the one that claimed earlier in this thread that GT was a lot bigger than Halo? Judging from sales data doesn't seem that way. lol

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

sales2099 said:

Report where I insulted you so I can laugh when the mods decide I didn't. 

You don't "think outside the box" you CONFINE the box to suit your ridiculous comparison. I can make countless comparisons where I confine sales to 1 year where the winner is the loser in lifetime sales.

Forza Horizon vs GTA IV (360) - 2012

Forza 2 vs Gran Turismo 5: Prologue - 2007

Killzone 3 vs Halo 3 - 2011

Killzone 2 vs Halo 3 - 2009

Are you getting it yet? One year of sales is not indicative of anything.

J_Allard said:
iceland said:

That's my point :)

And I'm just saying that both of them have sold regardless of what is popular in the industry, both are top exclusive IPs, the whole "FPS outselling Sim racer, Shocker!" line doesn't exactly apply here. 

It's ok, you're allowed to be wrong. That line does apply here, especially when you take into account the fact that this isn't even a life time sales comparison. The thread is trying to pass off the idea that Halo 4 burning through copies quicker than GT5 at launch is some sort of accomplishment. It isn't. Anyone with a shred of understanding of the market and the sales history of GT and Halo (or shooters in general) should understand that.

Totally agree this generation is the worst ever its all about shooters and online. 100's of studios closed because of it. thats why we dont see any kiddy games and innovative games ever all they want is shooters.

im surprised GT is doing that well. Says alot about the brand name.

dsgrue3 said:
sales2099 said:

Report where I insulted you so I can laugh when the mods decide I didn't. 

You don't "think outside the box" you CONFINE the box to suit your ridiculous comparison. I can make countless comparisons where I confine sales to 1 year where the winner is the loser in lifetime sales.

Forza Horizon vs GTA IV (360) - 2012

Forza 2 vs Gran Turismo 5: Prologue - 2007

Killzone 3 vs Halo 3 - 2011

Killzone 2 vs Halo 3 - 2009

Are you getting it yet? One year of sales is not indicative of anything.

Uhh huh... Then why do you stil have that sig?

Yay!!!