Wii U sells more than 3x more than Vita 213 35.80%

Wii U sells more than 2x more than Vita 113 18.99%

Wii U sells more than 1.25x more than Vita 73 12.27%

about equal 104 17.48%

Vita sells more than 1.25x more than Wii U 53 8.91%

Vita sells more than 2x more than Wii U 12 2.02%

Vita sells more than 3x more than Wii U 26 4.37%

Total:594

Brendude brought my attention to this thread that I totally have never seen before in my life and certainly didn't link to him about 30 minutes ago which he proceeded to link to the Vita thread.  But I thought I would bump this.

One because it's pretty funny.  You know, the thread being called "flamebait" because how dare people think that the answer isn't obvious; and some of the stuff such as a minimum of 8m for Wii-U was assumed at the start of the year and Wii-U 2x Vita was quoteable.

Two, as a lesson to anyone who makes any 2014 predictions.  Don't take anything for granted; predicting is fun and all but there's far too many things can change between when you make it and when things end.

(And because someone may make a note of it and dig them up again in a year :P)

Oh, and here's poll snapshot in case the thread inevitably gets flooded:

Around the Network

So many quote-worthy posts in this thread, I don't even know where to begin.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

This thread is simply................genius.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Well I guess I'll start with the obvious. 

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
The real battle is Vita x Wii U in Europe.

WiiU will outsell Vita by at least 2 x everywhere, including Europe.  Quote me. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

It is a damn shame that this thread is not sticky. How did I miss this?

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

I have a few of my own :P

biggamejames79 said:

I was looking for the "Wii U sells more than 7x more than Vita" option.

Edit: And seeing how the Wii U's launch is currenly outselling the ps3 and 360 launches I'd bet money that it does at least 4-5x the sales of the Vita.

Conegamer said:
I'd like to hear more from these guys who reckon the Vita will outsell the WiiU over 3:1. If we assume an absolute minimum of 8mil for WiiU, then you're saying the Vita will sell over 24mil, or like 600% up YoY? Honesty?

An absolute minimum of 8 million.

michael_stutzer said:
Fusioncode said:

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

I have a few of my own :P

biggamejames79 said:

I was looking for the "Wii U sells more than 7x more than Vita" option.

Edit: And seeing how the Wii U's launch is currenly outselling the ps3 and 360 launches I'd bet money that it does at least 4-5x the sales of the Vita.

Conegamer said:
I'd like to hear more from these guys who reckon the Vita will outsell the WiiU over 3:1. If we assume an absolute minimum of 8mil for WiiU, then you're saying the Vita will sell over 24mil, or like 600% up YoY? Honesty?

An absolute minimum of 8 million.

HUEHUEHUEHUE This thread should be fun to watch !!

Well this is awkward ...

benji232 said:
man-bear-pig said:
benji232 said:

man-bear-pig said:
If the vita gets a price cut and GTA next year (which I think it will), it should sell about 5m-5.5m. I expect the Wii U to sell just over 6m next year. So...Wii U will sell about 1.25x the Vita.

Tagged just so I can laugh at this prediction when the wiiU will have sold 10m+ and the vita 7-7.5m.

Hahahahahahahahh NOOOOO

No fucking chance!!

The wiiU has definetly more chances to sell 10m+ in 2013 than your mere 6m prediction. Vita is really a gamble because it's sales will depend on how much Sony decides to price cut. Your prediction made me laugh and will continue to make me laugh until you prove me wrong which will be: Never.

damn son, you got predicted!!!!!

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So fun, there is 1 guy who is predicting 10 million Wii U sales for next year, people already starting to make the same mistake