By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo be Releasing a New Home Console in the Next 2 to 3 Years?

Conegamer said:
runqvist said:
Conegamer said:
This thread is pretty good I must say. Trying to win an argument when your defense is false by trying to add more incorrectness on top is quite a feat.

If the WiiU doesn't sell over 50mil by 2016 I would be stunned.

Well I guess you will have to prepare then, because you will be stunned. You will get first taste when the january sales kick in.

I'm uncertain why. If we say the WiiU has a 2.8mil install base, it'll have to sell 48.2mil over 4 years. That's 12mil a year on average, the Wii was doing nearly double that some years. Why won't it happen? The PS360 managed it...

Did Gamecube manage it? Or N64? Or Snes or even nes? I have no idea for last two, but I doubt they did manage that.

Wii  U will not be selling like Wii, if you look at eu numbers it should be obvious for anyone. In my opinion, it will be selling more than GC and less than N64.

But none of that matters, you will see it for yourself when those sub 100k numbers show up during january/february.

Around the Network

That's some hardcore wishful thinking, by the looks of it.

"See Wii's position in the marketplace the last two years since it simply didn't have the hardware to compete with Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's Playstation 3."

This assumption is what makes your entire argument fall.

runqvist said:
Conegamer said:
runqvist said:
Conegamer said:
This thread is pretty good I must say. Trying to win an argument when your defense is false by trying to add more incorrectness on top is quite a feat.

Well I guess you will have to prepare then, because you will be stunned. You will get first taste when the january sales kick in.

I'm uncertain why. If we say the WiiU has a 2.8mil install base, it'll have to sell 48.2mil over 4 years. That's 12mil a year on average, the Wii was doing nearly double that some years. Why won't it happen? The PS360 managed it...

Did Gamecube manage it? Or N64? Or Snes or even nes? I have no idea for last two, but I doubt they did manage that.

Wii  U will not be selling like Wii, if you look at eu numbers it should be obvious for anyone. In my opinion, it will be selling more than GC and less than N64.

But none of that matters, you will see it for yourself when those sub 100k numbers show up during january/february.

With that last paragraph, I would propose a bet but it just isn't fair to steal victories so easily 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
runqvist said:
Conegamer said:
runqvist said:
Conegamer said:

With that last paragraph, I would propose a bet but it just isn't fair to steal victories so easily 

I am always interested in betting. What kind of bet did you have in mind?

runqvist said:
Conegamer said:
runqvist said:
Conegamer said:
runqvist said:
Conegamer said:

I am always interested in betting. What kind of bet did you have in mind?

I dunno, the WiiU won't fall below 100k before the last full week of February? I just don't see it, I'm afraid. 

(And please cut down this quote tree as I cant on my phone!)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

I dunno, the WiiU won't fall below 100k before the last full week of February? I just don't see it, I'm afraid. 

(And please cut down this quote tree as I cant on my phone!)

Sounds good. What would the bet be?

I'm sorry, but I can't take the OP seriously enough to actually make a reply to the topic at hand. Just no.

So many fanboys in this thread with a crystal ball. How the hell can they know what will happen in the future. A lot of it is just wishful thinking, unfortunately for them.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Based on holiday sales alone, I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii U had sold (over) 25 Million units in North America, (over) 8 Million units in Japan, and (over) 15 Million units in Europe by the end of 2016; or (roughly) 12 million sales worldwide per year for each of the next 4 years. At this kind of a pace there really is no need to replace the system ...

Personally, I think that Nintendo could surpass that performance if they are agressive with game releases and price cuts over the life of the system.

Now, the people who seem to be very negative on the Wii U are making the same argument that was made against the Wii that turned out to be wrong. That the sales would bottom out as soon as people realized it wasn't a super high performance console, and this claim was made in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and only (sort of) started to become true in 2010 and beyond when the XBox 360 was regularly selling for a lower price than the Wii and third party publishers stoped pretending to try.

peachbuggy said:
So many fanboys in this thread with a crystal ball. How the hell can they know what will happen in the future. A lot of it is just wishful thinking, unfortunately for them.

You see Nintendo has been doomed for quite a while. From the GC, DS, Wii and now the Wii u, all nintendo consoles are doom3d apparently. Just look at the 3DS it was doomed in 2011 cuz the ps vita was gonna  destroy the 3ds with its superior graphics. Now the Wii U is gonna be doomed because the PS4/720 are gonna have ultra realistic graphics which is leaps and bounds than what is currently available today. Apparantly eveything nintendo does is destined to be doomed. 

Bet with ninjablade:

Ninjablade wins if the next 5 multiplat on the wii u are inferior to the 360 version.

I win if one of the 5 mulitplats are on par or superior on the Wii U.