By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What type of things do you expect from Monolith Soft?

Their developing Disaster: Day of Crisis right? that looked good.

Around the Network

At the moment I'd like them to just release a damn game. Then I can play that and expand my expectations.

What I expect is another Baiten Kaitos game, but hopefully with a better battle system.

What I would like is for Nintendo to get them to work with S-E to have a sequel and enhanced remake of Xenogears.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

i expect solid rpgs from them, but nothing groundbreaking..... they're a little overrated

Something on the range of Dookie Shit Ball to Epic Awesomeness

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

A avrage game nothing more nothing less.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Well in first place I want them to finish Disaster and make it good.

After that I want an RPG that can compete (or at least be in the same league) with FF and Tales of Symphonia (I know that that's hard, but you ask me what I'd want). Besides it's about time for an original take on JRPG's. Fragile looks promising though.

Soriku said:
Duke Of Darkness said:
A avrage game nothing more nothing less.

Xenosaga and BK are average?

Yes. Anything post-Deus Ex from Monolith is average, I'm afraid...

Soriku said:
Ari_Gold said:
i expect solid rpgs from them, but nothing groundbreaking..... they're a little overrated

Actually, they're underrated.

Baten Kaitos is anyway. (Sales are bad, but everyone who played it LOVES it)

By that definition nearly every RPG is underrated that isn't Final Fantasy.

I'm guessing Ari means in relation to hardcore RPG fans.  Which are like the same 350,000 or so people that buy nearly every RPG game.

Soriku said:
Ari_Gold said:

Actually, they're underrated.

Baten Kaitos is anyway. (Sales are bad, but everyone who played it LOVES it)

I've only played the first game, but it suffered from terrible voice acting (which I hear the sequel fixed) and lots of balance issues (some party members and cards were clearly, obviously better than all others). Still, I did like it a lot for doing something new with the JRPG genre.

Anyway, given their track record, I expect something new and innovative from Monolith. If they just crank out Generic Final Fantasy Clone #23701, then I'll be sorely disappointed.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom