kowenicki said:
US sales

Jan to 27th Oct 2012

360 2.7m
PS3 2.0m

That doesn't look like "easily" to me.

35% more sales isn't easily?  Ok then.

Easily is a term used loosely, so it's just a matter of opinion

I'd say it's doing better, but then again, it's pretty much the same as easily :)

So you agree that 360 easily outsells PS3 in America?

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
007BondAgent said:
kowenicki said:
007BondAgent said:
kowenicki said:
US sales

Jan to 27th Oct 2012

360 2.7m
PS3 2.0m

I'd say it's doing better, but then again, it's pretty much the same as easily :)

It's pretty much a fact that the 360 outperforms the PS3 in North America

But the word outperforms, Easily and better are all used loosely and it isn't specific meaning it's all up to opinion :)

If that made any sense lol.

007BondAgent said:
NobleTeam360 said:
007BondAgent said:
kowenicki said:
007BondAgent said:
kowenicki said:
US sales

Jan to 27th Oct 2012

360 2.7m
PS3 2.0m

It's pretty much a fact that the 360 outperforms the PS3 in North America

But the word outperforms, Easily and better are all used loosely and it isn't specific meaning it's all up to opinion :)

If that made any sense lol.

Umm the 360 outsells the PS3 in consoles, peripherals, boxed games, digital games, etc, in North America so I don't see how the word better is being used loosely.  As far as easily goes, do you think the PS3 will outsell the 360 in the US in any of the next 12 months?  I'm willing to bet it won't and that to me means easily since it basically implies that there's very likely nothing Sony can do short of selling the PS3 again at a major loss to change that.

kowenicki said:
If you only want to talk about the US then this is an odd question and I don't understand your second paragraph where you say the PS3 outsells the 360 all year?

360 wins all year in the US. Easily.

yea I thought this was a odd statement as well. You got to it faster then I could.

007BondAgent said:
kowenicki said:
US sales

Jan to 27th Oct 2012

360 2.7m
PS3 2.0m

given he didn't include holidays, I would think it was very easy.  700,000 in off months is very good. I'm sure that gap has grown a lot bigger since Oct.

Around the Network

marketing is key and that's one thing Sony is bad at this gen. my sisters boy friend bought a PS3 in Oct. (i think) with the move bundle, and didn't even know what move was.

market, kinect, online, appeal, pick one but for sure MS has done something right, but next gen. will doubtfully be so one sided.

The holidays are just a magnification of how the year is trending overall. All numbers shoot up across the board. The difference is, the lion's share of the holiday glut comes from the US, where gift-giving has reached stupid proportions. Seriously, my family finally toned it down some this year and I couldn't be happier.

However, since Microsoft's strongest region is the US, they typically benefit the most from this boost. Add in their customary $50 holiday discount and they end up moving a lot of units.

The surprising thing this year is how well the PS3 has kept up in what was supposed to be a very down year for the console, especially with a few lower budget exclusives up against Halo and North America's love of the CoD series.

the key is the us. As kowen pointed out, usa always buys more 360, while rest of world typically buys ps3. During the year, that leaves a majority of the world outselling the usa....but since usa is a big christmas country, the 360 tends to sell at a level that overequals the rest of world. Kinect does indeed help with this and their ms stores do a good job of attracting attention to kinect.