By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Woot! Xplay gives NMH 5/5 stars

>In fact, is the Wii "made for gamers"?

I think you are mistaken, I'd be comparing Fox network with CNN. What station penetrates into the core of News watching audience?

Sure, Fox also have their news, but CNN is 24 hours news.

Now are we on the same page?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
mike_intellivision said:
It is good that Xplay gave NMH a good score.
I doubt many casual gamers get their reviews from there (or anywhere) as it is on digital even on COMCAST systems (and it is owned by Comcast which moved all of their properities off of digitial and started moving others' networks onto the higher tiers).

Also, I am a bit dismayed by the new format -- fewer reviews and far less subversive. Too many easy interviews last week.

I will say that Sess does seem to know his stuff. I think he is the "last man standing" from Tech TV (Extended Play -- Now X Play).

Mike from Morgantown

PS -- I am probably considered a casual gamer and my wife considers me a heavy game buyer (only one Wii game a week). I use reviers to find out about a game more than to judge it ... and I imagine many others do the same.

The only positive I've gleemed is that the reviews are more timely. Like, they are shown on the day the games come out. Today, NMH and I think Burnout were released, and they were both reviewed on tonights show.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Don't like Xplay. They make a mockery of video games with their sad attempts at bitter sarcasm. Adam is a knob. Sometimes it's funny, most of the time it's just pathetic. :/

kingofwale said:
>In fact, is the Wii "made for gamers"?

I think you are mistaken, I'd be comparing Fox network with CNN. What station penetrates into the core of News watching audience?

Sure, Fox also have their news, but CNN is 24 hours news.

Now are we on the same page?

I stated that in the form of a question, to Wii haters. If by their logic, the Wii is a casual only system, then an Xplay 5/5 review is far better for sales of its games, than is any online review that is not prominantly featured on the front page of yahoo or google.

I disagreed, however I still feel Xplay is more important, sales wise than IGN, and in my personal opinion, Xplays reviews are more deserved of respect than are IGNs reviews, which often range from decent to rediculious.

See GodHand review from IGN. What a joke, imo. 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

So, one thing is for certain. Somewhere in America, a casual gamer will see that NMH existed, and got a 5/5, by accidently watching Xplay, or a ticker at the bottom of the screen proclaiming the games score, and decide to buy the game.

It is much less likely that a casual gamer will stumble onto IGN and type in the words "No More Heroes" in the search box, to see that review, and decide not to buy it.

That said, in the real world, and not your fantasy land, millions of semi-casual gamers do depend on Xplay for their reviews. Just check the Gamespot or Gamefaqs forums for NMH, and I'm sure you'll find posts proclaiming the 5/5 review.

Somewhere in America, a gerbil will get loose from its cage, bite a wire, and die from electricution. However, there isn't mass gerbil-icide going on across the US because despite having thousands of gerbils in thousands of cages which are located in proximity to some kind of wiring, the odds are still very low.

Your comment on IGN is a strawman and unrelated so I'll ignore it.

Oh, and we're talking about "casual gamers" not "semi-casual gamers." Don't change the subject. Soccer moms, grandparents, and Tiny Tim don't usually watch G4.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Just cuz I like FF doesn't mean I hate Wii. My Year end predictions for the Wii is not because I hate the wii, but because I'm being realistic. I don't oppose the Wii, I oppose the Wii fanboys. Big difference.

That may be true. I didn't mean to flame you. However, what do you expect someone like me to think, when I see all these things together, and see you flaming "Wii fanboys," which to outsiders looks exactly the same as flaming the Wii, in every topic I click on?

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Words Of Wisdom said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

So, one thing is for certain. Somewhere in America, a casual gamer will see that NMH existed, and got a 5/5, by accidently watching Xplay, or a ticker at the bottom of the screen proclaiming the games score, and decide to buy the game.

It is much less likely that a casual gamer will stumble onto IGN and type in the words "No More Heroes" in the search box, to see that review, and decide not to buy it.

That said, in the real world, and not your fantasy land, millions of semi-casual gamers do depend on Xplay for their reviews. Just check the Gamespot or Gamefaqs forums for NMH, and I'm sure you'll find posts proclaiming the 5/5 review.

Somewhere in America, a gerbil will get loose from its cage, bite a wire, and die from electricution. However, there isn't mass gerbil-icide going on across the US because despite having thousands of gerbils in thousands of cages which are located in proximity to some kind of wiring, the odds are very low.

Your comment on IGN is a strawman and unrelated so I'll ignore it.

Oh, and we're talking about "casual gamers" not "semi-casual gamers." Don't change the subject. Soccer moms, grandparents, and Tiny Tim don't usually watch G4.

Ok, back on topic, it seems you passive-agressively agree with me that at least one instance will happen in America, of a purchase, from the Xplay review, for a casual, and likely none from the IGN review.

That said, my assertion was that the Xplay interview was RELATIVELY more important than the IGN review was, to the mass Wii audience which consists of, in your opinion, mostly casual gamers.

Therefore, if my deduction holds true, I was correct, initially, and the argument is over. 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I still don't think this game will sell well, I mean, Heck, I'd change the sale figures between this game and Mario and Sonic ANY DAY, (because this is a much superior game)

but, this world is just the way it is. *shrugs*

I think this game will sell as well as my favourite PSP game, Jeanne D'Arc (200K-300K WW)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

xplay blows that morgan lady looks like a corpse

kingofwale said:
I still don't think this game will sell well, I mean, Heck, I'd change the sale figures between this game and Mario and Sonic ANY DAY, (because this is a much superior game)

but, this world is just the way it is. *shrugs*

I think this game will sell as well as my favourite PSP game, Jeanne D'Arc (200K-300K WW)

It just got a 9/10 from gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/heroes/review.html 

NO NO, NO NO NO.