By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Woot! Xplay gives NMH 5/5 stars

I thought this deserved its own topic. I respect Xplay much more than IGN(and many industry insiders give big ups to Sess), and this is indeed Xplays first 5/5 of the year. This isn't a duplicate topic, it is a response to another topic, in an attempt to thwart the Wiihaters who try to marginalize all the good reviews, and cherry pick the one above average review, as a reason to flame the game, and in fact, all software on the Wii.

Sales: The game will gain more sells from the Xplay 5/5 than it will lose from the IGN 7.8/10, because Xplay simply reaches a much larger audience.

Comparisons: In the same episode, Burnout got 4/5 stars.

Averages: As of right now, NMH has an 86.8 average score, with 9/10 from edge magazine, and that doesn't include the Xplay review which isn't averaged.

Critical interpretation: Well, yes, Xplays review is, in America, the most important review source form a sales standpoint, as casuals actually do watch Xplay. The underground hardcore review scene seems to(with the IGN exception) have so far, latched on to the "NMH is a great game" assertion started with Famitsu early on. To fish any negatives about the overall critical reception of this game, at this point, is open fanboyism.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

that is great news.

but they also gave ass-end creed 5/5..

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Well, yes, Xplays review is, in America, the most important review source form a sales standpoint, as casuals actually do watch Xplay. The underground hardcore review scene seems to(with the IGN exception) have so far, latched on to the "NMH is a great game" assertion started with Famitsu early on. To fish any negatives about the overall critical reception of this game, at this point, is open fanboyism.

I pity anyone who watches G4...

Adam Sesslar is fucking hilarious how can you not like the show?

MynameisGARY

Words Of Wisdom said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Well, yes, Xplays review is, in America, the most important review source form a sales standpoint, as casuals actually do watch Xplay. The underground hardcore review scene seems to(with the IGN exception) have so far, latched on to the "NMH is a great game" assertion started with Famitsu early on. To fish any negatives about the overall critical reception of this game, at this point, is open fanboyism.

I pity anyone who watches G4...

Your a Wii hater, I've seen your other posts. Deny it?

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
weezy said:
Adam Sesslar is fucking hilarious how can you not like the show?

I liked it better when it was on Tech TV and didn't have an EB Games commercial/plug every 4 minutes.

weezy said:
that is great news.

Yeah man, that game got hype scores. Gamespot gave it a 9/10, wtf, lol.

Can't blame Xplay for doing what everyone else is, sometimes. 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

this isn't a duplicate topic, it is a response to another topic, in an attempt to thwart the Wiihaters who try to marginalize all the good reviews, and cherry pick the one above average review, as a reason to flame the game, and in fact, all software on the Wii.

Umm, that was my topic, and I'm not a hater. Wii is the only next gen console I have, which I'm very happy with and I'm buying NMH tomorrow, in fact I had high praise for the game's style, and made it a point to highlight the positive in the review, and disregard the numerical score.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
weezy said:
that is great news.

Yeah man, that game got hype scores. Gamespot gave it a 9/10, wtf, lol.

Can't blame Xplay for doing what everyone else is, sometimes. 

That and Jade Raymond (I think that is her name) had something to do with the game.

MynameisGARY

The_vagabond7 said:

this isn't a duplicate topic, it is a response to another topic, in an attempt to thwart the Wiihaters who try to marginalize all the good reviews, and cherry pick the one above average review, as a reason to flame the game, and in fact, all software on the Wii.

Umm, that was my topic, and I'm not a hater. Wii is the only next gen console I have, which I'm very happy with and I'm buying NMH tomorrow, in fact I had high praise for the game's style, and made it a point to highlight the positive in the review, and disregard the numerical score.

Oh no man, I know your not. This topic is in response to the Wii haters in the other topic, and your topic, maybe unwittingly, gave them a perfect opportunity to cherry pick the lowest score for the game. This topic is an attempt to draw the cherry pickers into a less hostile enviroment, and encourage open discussion.

That is best here, where the topic of conversation isn't "Wow, ouch, NMH got pwnd by IGN" which asserts that NMH and the Wii library were injured by the above average IGN score, and is, in my opinion, a passive agressive flame towards the games critical reception, if not the game itself. 

NO NO, NO NO NO.