By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Where do you buy your games?

Whatever store has them for the cheapest, or whatever store is closer that has the game and will price match.

Around the Network

Well mostly gamestop used except for a list titles I have 2 360 so my son and I both have H3 AND Cod4 all the ghost recons and splinter cells then we buy new at Gamestop or best buy. Recently hooked up with Gamefly they sell games there used cheap and for $30.00 per month I get 3 games out at a time recently beat heavenly sword and drakes fortune SMG and about 3 racers on the 360 currenlty have burnout paradise and no more heroes is in the mail Probably not gonna buy as much now Iam renting last game I bought was UT3 for PS3 the only thing is I have a bunch of games I need to trade so then I'll get some games from gamestop for those Probably MGS4 and Possibly Kilzone see what rating it gets. soory for the book!

Walmart or gamestop or ebay

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

nes sears N64 toysrus PS1 Best buy Ps2 Best buy xbox bestbuy gamecube Toys r us 360 Best buy at launch camped out for it sweet good times. Wii eb games in the mall 1 left after xmas last year! PS3 60 gig gamestop Launch console! Good times getting that too got preorder. Bought doughnuts for all in line and talked videogames till they opened. Console launches are great! well that wasnt the launch but the golden ticket was picking it up on launch day with no hassels Gamestop called me and said I could get a $20.00 gift card if I waited till the next shipment of PS3 and let someone else have my launch unit ya I camped for 4 hrs for $20.00 give me at least a benjamin cheapos still no way I had to have it!

Amazon and buy.com. Cheaper, and buy.com has an abusable $10 google checkout coupon.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

I get my stuff primarily at Best Buy, but I shop Amazon and Ebay for older, hard to find games, and go to GameStop for pre-orders.

Most of my more recent purchases - No More Heroes, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, and Warhawk - were all from Best Buy. I bought SMG at GameStop, however, as I pre-ordered it back over the Summer. I also have SSBB on pre-order there, and I will be pre-ordering MGS4 the second it becomes available.

I bought both my Wii and LoZ: Twilight Princess at Best Buy on launch day, as I was unable to pre-order either. That was a fun nine hour wait in the freezing cold. :|

Back when I was younger, however, I got my games anywhere and everywhere.

gamestop. that's where i have gotten nearly every wii game ( except wii play, and christmas ones)

quigontcb said:

I just buy from any place really. However, I do try to avoid GameStop at all cost these days. For years Wal-Mart was the only retailer close by that carried a good amount of games and kept the prices competitive, so I went there a lot. The K-Mart in my area is pitiful. I swear a few months ago I found an old Pikmin for the GameCube that was still $50.

Wii and DS: Wal-Mart.

PS2: Kaybee Toys.

X Box: GameStop.

DSLite: not sure, but I think it was GameStop.

Original GBA: think Wal-Mart.

New bright-screen GBA: not sure, think Wal-Mart though.

Original DreamCast: an out of town Wal-Mart, was hard to find them that holiday season.

Original N64: not sure, I think Toys R Us.

Original NES and SNES: not sure, Santy Clause brought em.

We have a Best Buy and Target real close now, so I've been buying from them more lately. Just picked up No More Heroes from Best Buy this evening. There is a locally owned game store(Top Games) that I buy the majority of my classic games from(NES, SNES, etc).

I check my K-Mart occasionally simply because it is pitiful, so nobody shops there. Because of this they always have really old, hard to find games.  I found both MGS3 and Jak 3 (non-greatest hits) there for $9.99 the Christmas before last.  I hadn't been able to find Jak 3 with the original label anywhere for almost a year before that, let alone for only $9.99.

a combination of tesco, play.com/amazon and GAME

I import games from eBay mostly (I've only got two so far), because they are at least £5 cheaper