19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Around the Network
Stefl1504 said:
Oh, yeah... somehow... the last few times I always ended up lucky with my powers...

>tracking two killers as tracker
>protecting with my doc shot as absorber (though the poison got through... :/)
>rolecoping the mafia godfather ninja (though mostly due to spurge)

I would like to know why I was killed... prolly just something like, no doc will target him, he has luck sometime, let's kill him... or were they aware from my day 1 actions that I prolly am a mason?

Mafia QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/9VwwpcfPJsmw

:3

DarkThanatos said:
When you look at it, town was not overpowered.
No cop, the doc dies if Mishits, a tracker, and then a powerful mason duo, but could only use on action per night, of which there was still no ability to without a doubt prove scum. If spurge didnt hit scum, which considering that's 7/11 if you don't include the masons, he dies.

Town were just incredible in their action choices, scum were unlucky and crippled by prof complete lack of play taking out a big power and 1/3 their members.

Honestly Mantle and I originally thought scum would win after the player randomiser.

GF was useless. Ninja was countered by Rolecop,(which IS an ability to without a doubt prove scum, obviously) Lightning Rod, and Weak Doc if Tracked or Watched.

Roleblocker+Rolecop is sorta standard fair for medium+ power games, but every town power role could counter the RB. Rolecop could get away with an interesting fakeclaim maybe.

And while I still think Gravemind was interesting, the role was utter trash in this setup. The only useful abilities to copy were the roleblock and possibily a kill if it was even possible. Then as if avoiding being lynched/killed due to said powers above or being killed by mafia, you gave both town and mafia information from the start that points to the existence of a third-party. There was no way to silence or disable any threats, either town or mafia.

Town had too many confirmable roles. Yes, Weak Doc would have died if he targeted scum. But that could have outted the scum, and also if he didn't die he confirms someone as town without a doubt since there weren't any false-negatives.

Tracker isn't foolproof, but if he follows someone to a dead body or to somoene who then claims to have been roleblocked or controlled, that's an easy lynch.

Lightning Rod can nullify all scum actions and either kill one as a bonus or sacrifice himself to confirm someone as town for his mason buddy.

And likewise, the JOAT mason is OP for the simple reason as what happened. Mafia got lucky or whatever(haven't read why they targeted Stefl yet) and killed a strong town power. But because he was a mason, he was able to cripple scum anyway.
I should note that I do think it's right to share information in QTs even if a player dies, since kills occur last. Just that pairing such very strong roles together is a no-no.

Finally, as Nacho pointed out. Town's conspiracy theorist was practically confirmed due to the existence of the modifier on the mafia side.

oh thank god
cult paranoia scared me so much

good game, guys
i'll be back with thoughts later if i don't procrastinate a ton!
thanks for believing in me notstan!

I agree with Linkz that town was too powerful this game. Three investigative roles is too much, even if one of them is handicapped to dying if he protects scum. If scum had more direct counters then maybe but the fact was that even if they blocked one of the investigative roles, there was still going to be at least one more out there.

They also had no counter to me with the exception of the roleblocker.

Spurge's role seems kind of crazy to me as well considering the number of investigative roles, especially since he could have come out during the Day creating a scenerio whereby town could kill a confirmed mafia, not have to use their lynch on said mafia and at the same time block any kills that were going to go their way.

And last but not least, as Linkz pointed out, his role was very interesting but practically useless as shown by how weak he was when it came down to just him at the end. I'm pretty confident in saying that there was no way he could have won with two investigative roles still around to confirm townies and thus prevent their lynches.

Around the Network

It was a fun game to play though, I just think that even without the luck we had, town would have likely won that

Whilst yes, weak doc could confirm town, I was expecting Yoshiya to cock up at some point. Usually town does not end up with an 7v1 advantage on day 3.

Linkz would have been able to kill players, and if he had targeted any of the powers it would have confused town a lot. Not to mention the fake claims and information he would have gained. Lets say Linkz had actually used his ability on Stefl, ABC, Or even spurge. He would have been informed of not only someone else's role, but would have been able to fakeclaim multiple things. Using spurge's role would have at the very least have given false reads on everyone that used their ability and either killed himself or scum.

Spurges role again, should not have done nothing on night 3. There is no way any sane mod trying to balance a game could've predicted it, when there is a scum player who can only be caught out by one role, which can only be used once, in a mason pair which can't use their ability same night.

Linkz power comes into it's own when the game gets smaller. If he had survived longer, then he would have become a double voter, and taken away one of towns votes. Considering the amount of chopping and changing that went on last day..

Not only did Yoshiya not target any scum/ third party when he claimed on day 4, there was no scum left to kill him. Any sane scum would have killed Yoshiya or at least roleblocked him. And without Yoshiya claiming his confirming of people's townies is useless. He would have just died randomly.

What happened was is that town random lynched scum roleblocker- which counters tracker or doc or JOAT, seeing as they'd have had to claim to release information. Against astronomical odds Stefl used a one shot ability on a ninja, again breaking the balance for scum. And then finally ABC hit gold as well. The odds of all 3 scum, with a reasonably powerful team in a 13 player game, being killed after only doing 2 night kills broke the balancing, leaving Linkz with a ridiculous task. As all remaining town roles could fly through without worry to find him and it was too early with two many players left for Linkz to use his ability properly. Yoshiya didn't die and wasn't killed when claiming, spurge didnt die either. Literally everything that was likely to happen to swing the balance away from town didnt.
I really don't think the game was unbalanced. It's just the dice rolled town every single time.

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

The only thing that may have tipped the balance in favour to town is spurge's role, but it had enough disadvantages... I was actually pretty set on using his ability night 1 on prof... then whoever got tracked would suddently 'become' a killer.

Also worth to mention is that the weak-doc investigation on the night were spurge used his ability becomes useless, because the weak-doc simply get's blocked (same with all other non-investigative roles) - this also makes me curious... did linkz role count as investigative... because honesty... if not, he seriously was at a disadvantage...

Had I seen any reason for thinking to be scums target apart from that little mason hint early on, I would've said spurge should shoot instead of me dying... and sometimes I got pretty... waffled at how... much spurge didn't seem to understand details of his role...

Gloria Gaynor award- “I will survive” Congratulations, Yoshiya, Radishhead, ABC, Notstan, Nacho, Spurge

Short Straw – Awarded for being the first to die in what was a completely random lynch – Prof

All Aboard the Fail Train- Awarded to the scumteam for being lynched three times on the trot. –Congratulations; HappyD, Prof, Zero!

One Hundred and Eiiiiighty – Awarded for being part of the successful lynch of every covenant member – Congratulations, Yoshiya!

Perfect Aim – Every time the day ended and you were voting- it was anti-town. Congratulations, Prof (lol) and A Bad Clown!

What's my name again? - Awarded for forgetting half of what had happened in the game, and crucial parts of your own role at time - Congratulations Spurge!

The Miser- Awarded for never expending a vote at day end – Congratulations, Zero!

Sixth Sense – Awarded for avoiding danger every night and hitting town – Congratulations, Yoshiya!

Strongman – For being part of every successful lynch when you voted – Yoshiya, ABC, Nacho!

The Joker- Awarded for having the last laugh – Congratulations Stefl! You may have been nightkilled night 1, but your sacrifice lead to killing scum’s trickiest role.

The Mistake - Awarded for being the only mislynch - Congratulations, Mario! 

Almighty Mod's Favourite - Awarded for making the best Brownies - Congratulations ABC!

Comedy Gold – Awarded for a speech worthy of the generals of old, you were the most enjoyable player to read – Congratulations Nacho!

Least Valued Player- Goes to Prof! You were so inactive day one that you were random lynched, crippling the scum team and contributing a large chunk to their demise. Better luck next time :P

Most Valued Player- *Drum Roll* Now for the one you’ve all been waiting for. The nominees are Linkz, Yoshiya, ABC and Nacho. And the winner is .... A Bad Clown! Congratulations! Not only were you one of the most active players, always generating points, you figured out and nailed a few scum, paid close attention to the flavour, tracked scum to a kill and were a successful part of 3/4 anti-town lynches. 

Copycat award- Goes to Dark Thanatos!, for taking some scenes from the halo franchise and putting them in game flavour

Stefl’s death- Emile’s last words in the game are “I’m ready! How ‘bout you?!” He also kills an elite with a knife and is killed by an energy sword.

HappyD’s death – 343 Guilty Spark’s first words are “Greetings. I am 343 Guilty Spark, monitor of Installation 04”as they were in flavour.

Final Fan’s death - In game, Noble 2 Catherine is killed by a a Sangheili Field Marshal shooting her the head, killing her instantly, with a needle rifle

Zero’s death – In game, the Prophet of Truth is killed by the Arbiter (an elite) killing him with an energy sword in the back