By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New (depressing) FF-XIII: Lightning Returns news

theprof00 said:
sounds kind of monster hunter-esque interestingly enough.

Yeah, the character development part really sounds like monster hunter. I hope they'll at least make a good copy of this system if they can't be bothered to develop an own :D

Around the Network

All of that sounds great to me....

And most of it was already known to everyone. It's an action RPG with only Lightning controllable. She'll have a ton of different combat options, you'll be playing multiple types with one character. This was announced months ago. Haters going to continue hating.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

KHlover said:
theprof00 said:
sounds kind of monster hunter-esque interestingly enough.

Yeah, the character development part really sounds like monster hunter. I hope they'll at least make a good copy of this system if they can't be bothered to develop an own :D

Some weak trolling bro.

outlawauron said:

And most of it was already known to everyone. It's an action RPG with only Lightning controllable. She'll have a ton of different combat options, you'll be playing multiple types with one character. This was announced months ago. Haters going to continue hating.

Well, I've seen these news today and didn't notice any thread about them, so I created one. And yes, I don't like what I've read there, how does that make me a hater?

KHlover said:
outlawauron said:

Well, I've seen these news today and didn't notice any thread about them, so I created one. And yes, I don't like what I've read there, how does that make me a hater?

I can break down each point if you'd like. I'm not specifically referring to you as a hater, but just people on the internet as a whole want to hate this game and its prequels (even if it means digging up old news). Especially so since everything you've posted is subjective.

How are accessories that change her appearance bad? Wouldn't most people consider no QTEs a good thing? Consider the timeline and story (that we know so far), it makes perfect sense why you're only controlling an evolving Lightning and why you have to hunter/gatherer most of her equipment. Your third point is someones opinion and can be said about pretty much every RPG and action game by someone cynical enough. Second point, every story truly only has one true outcome. The fact that so many games try to give you the illusion of choice (which either do not matter or effect nothing at all) is incredible, and even worse that gamers seem to cherish them regardless of how it pigeonholes the narrative and character development. Lastly, your first point. Are you trying to complain about a limited inventory? Unless it's incredibly small, I don't see how one could complain about it.

Around the Network

Nintendo and PC gamer

Still excited for it.

outlawauron said:
KHlover said:
outlawauron said:

I can break down each point if you'd like. I'm not specifically referring to you as a hater, but just people on the internet as a whole want to hate this game and its prequels (even if it means digging up old news). Especially so since everything you've posted is subjective.

How are accessories that change her appearance bad? Wouldn't most people consider no QTEs a good thing? Consider the timeline and story (that we know so far), it makes perfect sense why you're only controlling an evolving Lightning and why you have to hunter/gatherer most of her equipment. Your third point is someones opinion and can be said about pretty much every RPG and action game by someone cynical enough. Second point, every story truly only has one true outcome. The fact that so many games try to give you the illusion of choice (which either do not matter or effect nothing at all) is incredible, and even worse that gamers seem to cherish them regardless of how it pigeonholes the narrative and character development. Lastly, your first point. Are you trying to complain about a limited inventory? Unless it's incredibly small, I don't see how one could complain about it.

I'm sorry but the news are from today, I didn't dig up "old news" (if that passage also was about the internet in general excuse me) 

I don't like the idea of you not being able to beat the game in your first play through. I usually only play games once.(God of War 3 is the exception)

DCOK said:
If all of that remains true until launch day, it will prove the untold theory floating around some people's minds who are FED UP with this "Lightning Saga" that this final game is just a shell sent out to make a quick few bucks.

They should have stopped after the first game-XIII, for quality's sake.

All I have to say is that I sincerely hope LR is terrible, I hope it has terrible reviews, and I hope even the XIII fans (of which may constitute half of the Final Fantasy fan base, with the other half hating this trilogy) hate this game. Maybe then will the sales be dreadful and SE will quit screwing us over and get back to making quality games and not just visually pretty linear monstrosities.

And I say all of that for all of our sake as FF fans and gamers. Despite whether you genuinely liked XIII and it's sequels, the fact that SE has decided to drain this as far as it can and soaked up the $$$ with a cheap and overused product, is sad and needs to stop.

Where is Versus XIII? Where is Kingdom Hearts 3? Where is a playable version of FF XIV?

Those are 3 MAJOR titles that needed work and released before 3 freaking XIII "Lightning Saga" games.

QFT!!!!!

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|