By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Gun control debate issues that bother me. Will Libertarians and Republicans please address these?

DieAppleDie said:
Some of you are unbelievable
in my country guns are illegal for regular people a theres barely any homicide caused by firearms

Ok, that's your country. 

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
El_Machete said:
Max King of the Wild said:
El_Machete said:
El_Machete said:

we are derailing from the issue, but ill bite one more time. Everything can be used to kill, a kitching knife to a bag of cottons, and of course the one that has always been with us... our own hands. When you think about this, examples of saws and scissors become irrelevant. Guns are a different case because they were made with the sole purpose of killing. They are extremely effient and have no other purpose. I really don't undertand why would anyone want to be trained to use a gun, if not to be an officer or soldier.  

Except they aren't made for that sole purpose.  Ergo your entire premise is flawed.  Tons of people use guns for purpose that do not involve killing in the least.

what i find so humorous about the argument of "but the sole purpose of guns is to kill people" 

i always think, so you are telling me that these objects sole purpose is to kill, and there are like 400 million or so in our country, yet only manages to kill like 8,500 people. but objects that arent designed to kill like cars kill 45,000 people per year and there are only like 150 million of them in the US.

for something soley designed to kill people, it  sure does have an awful efficiency record at doing so. i mean it cant even kill 1/4 of the amount of people that cars do, and theres more than double the amount of guns as there are cars.

Sc9547
No thats every country with strict gun control

killerzX said:
Kasz216 said:
El_Machete said:
El_Machete said:
El_Machete said:

what i find so humorous about the argument of "but the sole purpose of guns is to kill people" 

i always think, so you are telling me that these objects sole purpose is to kill, and there are like 400 million or so in our country, yet only manages to kill like 8,500 people. but objects that arent designed to kill like cars kill 45,000 people per year and there are only like 150 million of them in the US.

for something soley designed to kill people, it  sure does have an awful efficiency record at doing so. i mean it cant even kill 1/4 of the amount of people that cars do, and theres more than double the amount of guns as there are cars.

Lol, I'm also pretty sure things like knives and hammers were invented to kill things too. Yet, no one thinks about banning those because they serve more than one purpose

DieAppleDie said:
Sc9547
No thats every country with strict gun control

I'm sure Mexicans love it. Drug dealers and corrupt officers can shoot them with weapons given to these drug dealers by the Obama administration, but it's alright they have strict gun control. ;) Anyway, how was fascism in Spain not so long ago? I'm sure the absence of guns helped people during the White Terror. Meanwhile in the United States we actually have a relatively stable government and all hell didn't break loose because people have guns. Hm.... It's alright those 200,000 people were killed by the government. The government should have guns! People should not!

Around the Network
Edan88 said:
Gun control is only one piece of the puzzle. Education is second. Parenting is third.....more ideas are welcome.
Dangerous people will allways find a way to harm others. but at least make it difficult for them to do so.
People who say that Guns are but tools, yeah that may be true. but if you did not have a gun in the first place. they cant shoot anybody. And if it's hard to get a gun. then it will take more and more time for someone to commit the mass murder. Thus enhancing the chance of getting to that person before he does it.
Why do people need guns in the first place? Guns and bombs have but only one goal. KILLING. Only one reason needed for it to be banned. Why sell KILLING tools. it hurts the economy and the society more then it does good.

I just get so angry (these days around christmas the most) with all the stories about hate and killing.
Maybe i should just kill everybody and nobody will be in pain anymore.

Why do anti gun people throw out the same argument over and over? All you have to do is do a quick search and bam you have the highest crime rates in states that have strict gun control or guns are banned entirely. Chicago and New York boast the highest crime rates in America, know why? Thats because they have total bans on guns in their respective cities. Criminals will get their hands on guns regardless of what laws you put in place. You force law abiding citizens to hand over thier weapons which only helps the criminals out in killing innocent people. Take away the tool you still get these mass shootings from common criminal thugs. 

Why isn't there a possitive correlation?

sc94597 said:
The NRA aren't for the Second Amendment, to be honest. They're for making money. So many times have they "compromised" on gun control legislation because they had got a deal out of it. GOA (Gun Owners of America) are much better. As for the solution, it has to do with these "free-gun zones" and their removal. At least give the schools a choice so the criminals don't know which is a "free-gun zone" and which is not. As for video game control, that is a violation of the first amendment, and equally intrusive as gun-control. The solution isn't a federal one, it's a state/local one and one rooted in the people.

@richardhutnik Why isn't arming teachers a sufficient solution? Back when teachers (AND STUDENTS in Middle/High school) were armed these things didn't happen. Kids brought their rifles to school when my great-grandmother was a young girl. They would go hunting afterwards or practice target shooting in their physical education class.

Did problems with guns in school occur before or after they decided to create gun free zones?  There are reasons why schools ended up having gun free zones.  You have teenagers who lose control, get in an argument, pull out and gun and shoot someone.  Have guns about and not only that, but you will end up gunning down people who had nothing to do with the incident.

As for arming teachers, is it going to be a requirement that teachers in school also be competent shots with the gun, and carry them?  And if so, are teachers going to be paid more money to pay for their own ammo, and guns?  Or will there a gun locker in the principle's office where the teachers check them out and return them at the end of the day, and what money would be available for this?

just read on yahoo news a parent of one of the survivors is suing for 100 mil.

just read on yahoo news a parent of one of the survivors is suing for 100 mil.

suing who?