By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Assassin's Creed PC specs revealed

Parokki said:

And they aren't pretty...

Copy/pasted in case the other site goes down: 

In order to play this game properly, your PC MUST meet or exceed these minimum requirements:

Supported OS: Windows XP / Vista (only)

Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better recommended)

RAM: 2 GB (3 GB recommended)

Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 10.0–compliant video card or DirectX 9.0–compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (512 MB video card recommended) (see supported list)*

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 or 10.0 compliant sound card (5.1 sound card recommended)

DirectX Version: DirectX 10.0 libraries (included on disc)

DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive

Hard Drive Space: 12 GB

Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)

*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
ATI RADEON X1300-1950 / HD 2000 / 3000 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6600-6800 / 7 / 8 / 9 series

Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.

NOTICE: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some disc and virtual drives.

in b4 game sells like shit and Ubi blames pirates... 

I wonder if anyone but me noticed this. Which means the 9800GX2 will be released before AC for PC is. AWESOME!

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
Parokki said:

In order to play this game properly, your PC MUST meet or exceed these minimum requirements:

Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better recommended)

Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 10.0–compliant video card or DirectX 9.0–compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (512 MB video card recommended) (see supported list)*

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 or 10.0 compliant sound card (5.1 sound card recommended)

Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)

Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.

NOTICE: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some disc and virtual drives.

I wonder if anyone but me noticed this. Which means the 9800GX2 will be released before AC for PC is. AWESOME!

Great just when I find the perfect 8 series video card the 9's come out.

ssj12 said:
Parokki said:

I noticed also, but your conclusion is wrong. It only means they have finalized a large portion of designs (which we knew already) and that they will be relatively close to release (which we also knew already) when the game launches. They likely have their hands on prelim info, and will probably end up addressing some issues for those cards in the first patch...and there will be patches =P

@topic,

Am I the only one who thinks that these requirements aren't horrible? Don't get me wrong they aren't lightweight but they aren't exactly Crysis either....

Video Card: The GeForce 6 series was released in early 2004 which by the time this game is released will be just shy of 4 years ago.

CPU: The recommended is a C2D 2.2Ghz or 4400+ X2, which if you look here and here you will see they are easily within budget for a gaming build. And remember those are recommended specs if you want minimum you can look here (needs a heatsink and fan tho, they're old enough that I don't think newegg carries them retail anymore).

RAM: First glance this sounds crazy until you realize that for basically $60-70 right now you can get 4GB of DDR2 800. But I will definitely agree this 2GB min is ridiculous and highlights some optimization issues that they are having.

Everything else should be easy to meet for anyone even considering playing this game on PC. Hell if you already have a monitor, Hard Drive, Optical Drive, PSU(400W+), and case you can build a mid to high end gaming PC out of those existing parts and probably another $400. For some folks this isn't worth it, not saying everyone should do it. Only that if you're a smart PC gamer you can get by with minimal costs and solid performance.

To Each Man, Responsibility
cool48 said:

The 9's aren't actually a new series, don't fret.  Its basically 2 cards in SLI configuration built onto 2 PCBs and attached together with an "approved cooling solution".  They are optimized to work better than standard SLI does AFAIK but thats it.

Sqrl said:
ssj12 said:
Parokki said:

I noticed also, but your conclusion is wrong. It only means they have finalized a large portion of designs (which we knew already) and that they will be relatively close to release (which we also knew already) when the game launches. They likely have their hands on prelim info, and will probably end up addressing some issues for those cards in the first patch...and there will be patches =P

@topic,

Am I the only one who thinks that these requirements aren't horrible? Don't get me wrong they aren't lightweight but they aren't exactly Crysis either....

Video Card: The GeForce 6 series was released in early 2004 which by the time this game is released will be just shy of 4 years ago.

CPU: The recommended is a C2D 2.2Ghz or 4400+ X2, which if you look here and here you will see they are easily within budget for a gaming build. And remember those are recommended specs if you want minimum you can look here (needs a heatsink and fan tho, their old enough that I don't think newegg carries them retail anymore).

RAM: First glance this sounds crazy until you realize that for basically $60-70 right now you can get 4GB of DDR2 800. I will definitely agree this 2GB min is ridiculous and highlights some optimization issues that they are having.

Everything else should be easy to meet for anyone even considering playing this game on PC. Hell if you already have a monitor, Hard Drive, Optical Drive, PSU(400W+), and case you can build a mid to high end gaming PC out of those existing parts and probably another $400. For some folks this isn't worth it, not saying everyone should do it. Only that if you're a smart PC gamer you can get by with minimal costs and solid performance.

actually if you think that you can run Crysis with less than that (even in low settings) and that is the minimum to run AC (and only AC), I think they are asking too much :P of course that you can always buy it, but I don't think it's the kind of game that will make people upgrade their PC's (at least not me haha)

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network

So ... xbox360 and PS3 can definitely run Crysis :p

Ya, it's not THAT bad, but when THOSE are the MINIMUM requirements...it's not good, because there's lots of people that don't have a PC that good. It's best to serve the widest range possible.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Sqrl said:
cool48 said:

The 9's aren't actually a new series, don't fret. Its basically 2 cards in SLI configuration built onto 2 PCBs and attached together with an "approved cooling solution". They are optimized to work better than standard SLI does AFAIK but thats it.

So you have to buy 2 seperate cards or do they come together. I wasn't planning on using SLI anyways.

cool48 said:
Sqrl said:
cool48 said:

The 9's aren't actually a new series, don't fret. Its basically 2 cards in SLI configuration built onto 2 PCBs and attached together with an "approved cooling solution". They are optimized to work better than standard SLI does AFAIK but thats it.

So you have to buy 2 seperate cards or do they come together. I wasn't planning on using SLI anyways.

nope the 9 series is one card (with the guts of 2 on it)

More Ubisoft tripe for PC owners. They can make excellent games from time to time but really (excuse my french here, and no pun intended to Ubi!) they do fuck up time and time again when it comes to porting for the PC.

Oh and to those above mentioned the 'minimum' requirements not being that bad, I guarantee you 100% you will NOT be able to play this on an Nvidia 6 series, the 7 series will be pushing it too.

R6V was a terrible port, and this will be no better.