By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Assassin's Creed PC specs revealed

aspirin said:
So ... xbox360 and PS3 can definitely run Crysis :p

I appreciate the logic used but if you step back a sec you will see that it assumes all devs are created equal...which they aren't. Crytek optimized the crap out of Crysis, where ubsisoft has a track record of having optimization issues on the PC (I've been dealing with them for a while).

Thats not to say Crysis can't run on those platforms, just that you shouldn't expect it at full settings or probably anything near it.

edit:

@topic,

You can see how your rig stacks up for this game if you go here, keep in mind this is a rough estimate.

Will give you results in this format so you can visually see where you are.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

What the..are they serious? Not even my pc can run the game. Oh well guess Im going to be forced to get it for Xbox 360.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

salaminizer said:
Sqrl said:

I noticed also, but your conclusion is wrong. It only means they have finalized a large portion of designs (which we knew already) and that they will be relatively close to release (which we also knew already) when the game launches. They likely have their hands on prelim info, and will probably end up addressing some issues for those cards in the first patch...and there will be patches =P

@topic,

Am I the only one who thinks that these requirements aren't horrible? Don't get me wrong they aren't lightweight but they aren't exactly Crysis either....

Video Card: The GeForce 6 series was released in early 2004 which by the time this game is released will be just shy of 4 years ago.

CPU: The recommended is a C2D 2.2Ghz or 4400+ X2, which if you look here and here you will see they are easily within budget for a gaming build. And remember those are recommended specs if you want minimum you can look here (needs a heatsink and fan tho, their old enough that I don't think newegg carries them retail anymore).

RAM: First glance this sounds crazy until you realize that for basically $60-70 right now you can get 4GB of DDR2 800. I will definitely agree this 2GB min is ridiculous and highlights some optimization issues that they are having.

Everything else should be easy to meet for anyone even considering playing this game on PC. Hell if you already have a monitor, Hard Drive, Optical Drive, PSU(400W+), and case you can build a mid to high end gaming PC out of those existing parts and probably another $400. For some folks this isn't worth it, not saying everyone should do it. Only that if you're a smart PC gamer you can get by with minimal costs and solid performance.

actually if you think that you can run Crysis with less than that (even in low settings) and that is the minimum to run AC (and only AC), I think they are asking too much :P of course that you can always buy it, but I don't think it's the kind of game that will make people upgrade their PC's (at least not me haha)

Not sure I follow you. I was saying that these specs aren't as high as crysis not that you can run crysis with less than this. I don't think people should upgrade their PC for this game. My point was only that if you are a PC gamer its not hard to keep up on the cheap..if you aren't a PC gamer then trying to keep up with PC upgrades is a bad idea and you should just stick with console gaming.

PC Gaming is way more hands on than console gaming and some people like it some people hate it. Its just a different style in the end. I just find it far more rewarding personally.

@zackblue,

What is your rig?  If you have an average or better gaming rig it should run fine. 

MrMarc said:
More Ubisoft tripe for PC owners. They can make excellent games from time to time but really (excuse my french here, and no pun intended to Ubi!) they do fuck up time and time again when it comes to porting for the PC.

Oh and to those above mentioned the 'minimum' requirements not being that bad, I guarantee you 100% you will NOT be able to play this on an Nvidia 6 series, the 7 series will be pushing it too.

R6V was a terrible port, and this will be no better.

I agree ubis's porting to PC record is horrible, no doubt.  But the minimum requiremets will be able to play the game...just not on a resolution most PC gamers would like.  But if you don't keep up thats what happenes. I'm not trying to sugarcoat the PC market, its not cheaper than consoles, but its not way above consoles either and there are certainly more gains from a PC than a console...its just a situational thing where you pick what fits your lifestyle is all.

@R6V, Agreed 100%. 

@Sqrl
It was a joke

Around the Network
aspirin said:
@Sqrl
It was a joke

Yeah ok, so maybe I'm a little touchy on PC spec issues =P

I admit it.  But its only because people who don't know much of anything spout off about it on a regular basis.  It gets aggrevating to have one of my favorite hobbies ridiculed by people who know next to nothing about it.  Hell I consider myself uninformed on a lot of issues when it comes to PCs...and I've actually built CPU circuitry at the gate level. 

Sorry if I came off rude, wasn't my intention. 

I smell a terribly optimized, lazy cash-in port.

Are you kidding me? Thats pretty much a sign of the worst optimization job ever.

PC Gamer

Am I the only one that noticed that it says you need DX10 libraries, but works in XP. Does this mean that DX10 is being made for XP now?

It's really not that bad. the only thing that is higher than most current games is the RAM. 2gb minimum is a surprise, especially as AC is already out on memory-deficient consoles.
I really don't know what people were expecting when they say this is high. You can run it on a Geforce 6600.