By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii vs HD consoles (poll)

No
No
I bought my wii
I have no intrests in other consoles

Around the Network

I own both a XBox 360 and a Wii.

If you said I could only have one console this generation, I would take a XBox 360 or a PS3 over a Wii.  I just think the HD consoles are better for gamers whereas the Wii is better for people who usually dont play games but are interested in them.

I know I'm going to get hammered by lots of Wii fanboys, but I just got tired of the point and click at the screen technology back when it was a fad in arcades and when I picked up a Wii it was loads of fun at first but I eventually got use to it.  Add that on top of the fact that I prefer gaming on HD with great graphics plus online gaming (Xbox Live and Playstation Network) really improves gaming experience.

America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers

NO
NO

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
MrMafoo said:

My thinking is that these two markets are mutually exclusive. What I mean by that is not that both cannot be desired by the same people, but that owning one does not reduce the possibility of a sale for the other. Just like me buying a new cell phone does not keep me from purchasing a PSP or DS. If this is true, comparing sales between them is moot.

I think the markets are mutually exclusive as long as the console in question is able to keep the owner sufficiently happy with games and there is not game or game selection on a competing console strong enough to warrant another large console purchase.

ManusJustusNardus said:

I know I'm going to get hammered by lots of Wii fanboys, but I just got tired of the point and click at the screen technology back when it was a fad in arcades and when I picked up a Wii it was loads of fun at first but I eventually got use to it. Add that on top of the fact that I prefer gaming on HD with great graphics plus online gaming (Xbox Live and Playstation Network) really improves gaming experience.

Don't worry, we understand that fact =/= opinion. Also, everyone has different tastes. Same way as I see the PS360 as consoles for blood-thirsty, GTA-loving kids that see themselves as badass. Same way as I find traditional controls dated.

Around the Network

1, No
2. No

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

NO
and
NO

I have wii60 and I play on both everyday

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989