By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii vs HD consoles (poll)

No to both questions, but those don't cover all the options. If the Wii did not exist I would have a different console by now most likely. My purchase of a Wii pushed back the possibility of me buying another console for a long time. I might pick up a 360 after the next price drop, but I can wait because I have plenty of new games for the Wii to play.

Thinking about it I can say your poll is not going to show what you want it to show. On a gaming website you will get mostly the dedicated gamers posting as less dedicated people won't have any interest. As a result you will find lots of people getting their console of choice rather than settling for an alternative. The desire for a console will be based almost exclusively on the list of games available for it and that likely won't change with the purchase of one system. I suspect if you did an almost iddentical poll for the 360 and PS3 you would get similar results.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

1) no
2) no

seems I'm not alone!

To Each Man, Responsibility

First got a Wii and loved it. Then got a 360 and loved it, but Wii still my favorite. But doesn't mean I hate the 360.

Got a PS3 and love it.
Got a Wii and its ok.
Will never own a 360

I could have done without the Wii for sure. My son plays it all the time...mostly LEGO SW and Wii sports. I play it on occasion with him.

1. no
2. no

the correct question would be?

has anyone not wanted a Wii, bought a 360 and a PS3, and still not want a Wii? Then I would say YES.

Around the Network

No
No

I need all three consoles to play the games I want.

I used to have a 360, but now have a PS3, I have not and have no intention of owning a Wii, I'm not into low powered cartoon games, I'm more of a audio/videophile only the best in visual and audio quality for me.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
got a Wii, wanted a Wii and don't need the other two

I'll apply that as my answers too. One or two games on the other two awakened a lil' bit interest on me... but then Smash Brawl happened. I don't care for what PS3 and 360 have to offer me (teen-oriented games + same old school gameplay)

1. No
2. I got a PS3 but still want the Wii though

no
no

i'm an HD FANATIC...i have 3 hdtvs (have had at least one for 4 years now) and watch almost exclusively hd channels

however, i'm not interested in ps3/360...after 20 years, console gaming was getting old and repetitive until the wiimote came along

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp