By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii vs HD consoles (poll)

not me i only wanted a wii in i am happy with my choice i don't care for the 360/ps3 my opinion.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network

I've been PC gaming for about 5 years now since getting rid of my PS2 and Gamecube, right now the 360 and PS3 are making console gaming more and more like PC gaming which is why I have no real fancy of either of them.

For a long time though I have considered getting a 360 but right now there's just little on it I really want that I can't already play nicely on my PC. Once I upgrade my graphics card this year a 360 may possibly become completely redundant.

I always wanted the Wii, I have one and next to my gaming PC I feel I have a fantastic combo. I admit, XBox Live, Arcade and Achievements are big selling points and very tempting, but I just don't know how much love it'll get mixed in with my current setup.

I bought a Wii for $250 but I will not buy a 360 or PS3 until it is

leo-j said:
Why on vgchartz? Why? We all know it will all be wii is the best console of the planet. And will rule the universe(No I am not trolling this will happen).

Your worst than a Presidential Candidate, just answer the darn questions.

My answers

1.no 2.no

So far, no one has answered in a manner where comparing sales between the Wii and PS3/360 makes sense. I would vote to split the chart, and not group the Wii with the other two, as it means nothing.

I love having it up there, as Wii sales to a video gamer like myself is interesting, but judging by these responses (and my guess the rest of the people who reply), grouping the Wii with the PS3 and 360 makes as much sense as grouping it with the DS and PSP, none.

Around the Network

In the first instance I had a wii, then ps3 ... I think the wii remains indispensable! It is complete with HD consoles.

I wanted a Wii, I bought a Wii. Maybe I'll buy a HD console when they are $200 or less, but maybe not.

Would kill for a Wii. Got a Wii. Would kill for Brawl... Waiting

So no/no but I wouldn't mind another console. Doesn't matter to me which one, I like each equally.

1. Yes
2. No

I wanted a wii and a PS3, and never wanted a 360. After getting a wii, I decided I don't need a PS3.  (Doubt anyone would actually want only a PS3/360 and settle for a wii...  that makes no sense as the wii is supply contrained.  The other may be possible...  or more likely, as for myself, people who were considering multiple decide only on one).

RolStoppable said:

3rd parties think differently.

The PSP started out with the majority of 3rd party support, but when it became clear that the PSP couldn't stand a chance against the DS, the 3rd party support started to shift. More success for the DS means less 3rd party support for the PSP.

The success of the Wii will have a big influence on the strength of 3rd party support for the 360 and PS3.

DS and PSP belong in the same group, just like Wii and 360 and PS3 belong in the same group. If the 3rd parties (speak the industry) care for sales numbers of these systems in order to decide which one to support by how much, it makes sense to group these systems together. The success of one will take games away from the others in the future.

I agree...  If anything were to change, I think it should be that PS2 be tracked along with the wii/ps3/360 on the front page...  Will keep wii in perspective as it pulls away from 360/ps3...