By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create

Hmm at first I thought the WiiU sales were excellent, though after Train wreck's post and looking it up for myself, they are okay to good, though the first 3 weeks are very similar between Wii and WiiU.

Around the Network

Whats Fantasy life? O.o

From level 5... but never heard of it.

The 3ds seems to be on a roll.

Combined with Monster Hunter, Luigi, and Shin Megami in the first half of next year, we can expect 3DS to have it's peak sales year in 2013, and I think it's safe to say at this point Nintendo has officially managed to turn 3DS into a worthy successor to DS.

My sincere congratulations to Nintendo, they did what most thought impossible in today's market. Definitely will be a profitable company again next year.

Nem said:
Whats Fantasy life? O.o

From level 5... but never heard of it.

It seems like it's kind of Level 5's version of Animal Crossing, somewhat.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

My God, hidden by these god like numbers for 3ds, these numbers are simply terrible, from software to hardware.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
My God, hidden by these god like numbers for 3ds, these numbers are simply terrible, from software to hardware.

Except for 3DS and Wii U, all the hardware is 6-8 years old.  Time for the next cycle!

sperrico87 said:
psrock said:

Except for 3DS and Wii U, all the hardware is 6-8 years old.  Time for the next cycle!

Playstation Vita would like to have a word with you.

ModelSales volume
3DS LL 251,949
3DS 159,323
Wii U 122,843
PSP 65,859
PS3 47,626
Vita 21,266
Wii 13,049
Xbox 360 1,689
PS2 928
DSi 454
DSi LL 291

Combined, Nintendo hardware makes up for more than  80% of the Japanese video games market.  Does anyone have any historical info at their disposal to see if there's been another period where they've been so dominant?  Perhaps Wii/ DS peak in '07/'08?

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
sperrico87 said:
psrock said:

Playstation Vita would like to have a word with you.

For the purposes of this discussion, Vita is completely irrelevant.  It has yet to make any sort of impact in the Japanese market.