By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create

VGKing said:
gigaSheik said:

Wishful thinking

It's fact,not wishful thinking.
The mainline numbered Monster Hunter games are usually console-only. This changed recently as the Wii version of Tri got ported to 3DS, and the portable version of Portable 3rd got ported to PS3.....3DS is getting MH4 which was supposed to come to consoles.(maybe a Wii U version in the words?) There is no evidence of Monster Hunter being exclusive to Nintendo consoles as we have yet to see a Monter Hunter Portable to show up on one.  This leads everyone to believe that in fact there is a Monster Hunter Portable 4 coming to Vita, as PSP would probably be dead by the time the game is ready for release.

I don't know mate, PSP looks far healthier than PSV. I don't want to be mean so I won't rub you this year's numbers, but go ahead and look at them.

I'm starting to believe that MH4P will be a PSP/PSV game.

Around the Network

I know this is getting old... But it seems likely with those numbers...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

menx64 said:

I know this is getting old... But it seems likely with those numbers...

I think I will send this to my friend in Osaka and see what he says about this.

outlawauron said:
gigaSheik said:
CChaos said:
VGKing said:
Monster Hunter. It is coming one day. 

If there was some kind of falling out between Sony/Capcom, I'm sure we would have heard something.

I'm betting an announcement next year with a release from Q4 '13 to Q2 '14.

I feel the need to ask...

I keep seeing people say that a Monster Hunter for Vita is coming. Over and over and in a dozen other threads now. Is there some proof of this? Something that's been released that actually says, "Yes, there IS a Monster Hunter for Vita coming!" or is the implication of it based off of conjecture? I don't ask to start anything or be mean, I'm honestly curious if this is just reality or people really, really hoping.

Wishful thinking

More like common sense. Monster Hunter released in some form on every console and handheld last gen. It'll do the same this gen.

Common sense says there's no need to port a game to a platform that holds what? 10% of the japanese market? Less than that, perhaps? Common sense? It sounds more like Sony fans crying foul for MH saying byebye. And that's a very sour byebye.

VGKing said:
gigaSheik said:

Wishful thinking

The mainline numbered Monster Hunter games are usually console-only. This changed recently as the Wii version of Tri got ported to 3DS, and the portable version of Portable 3rd got ported to PS3.....3DS is getting MH4 which was supposed to come to consoles.(maybe a Wii U version in the words?) There is no evidence of Monster Hunter being exclusive to Nintendo consoles as we have yet to see a Monter Hunter Portable to show up on one.  This leads everyone to believe that in fact there is a Monster Hunter Portable 4 coming to Vita, as PSP would probably be dead by the time the game is ready for release.

Sounds to me like it would then make more sense for Capcom to continue the MH Portable series either on PSP or 3DS.

I mean you said it would do well regardless of the system it's on so why not keep it on the consoles that already have the series?  What point would there be to put it on Vita now?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Viper1 said:

VGKing said:

gigaSheik said:

Wishful thinking

Sounds to me like it would then make more sense for Capcom to continue the MH Portable series either on PSP or 3DS.

I mean you said it would do well regardless of the system it's on so why not keep it on the consoles that already have the series?  What point would there be to put it on Vita now?

↓Tbone↓

i think he means it'll help vita, but this is sony we're talking about so psp wont die anytime soon. MH should just continue on 3DS and PSP, Because if on vita and its the same version on 3DS no one is gonna buy it IMO!

80% hw is Nintendo that s crazy.

Why are Nintendo software prices cheaper than the rest?

Switch!!!

Soriku said:

I don't understand the MHP4 on Vita talk that pops up every now and then. First of all there's no guarantee that there will even be a MHP4 considering the main series is on a portable for the first time ever. Second, if there actually is one, why would Capcom put it on the Vita over 3DS? What is the incentive? It would split up the userbase (MH is popular because everyone who wants to play owns the system it's on without much confusion. First it was PSP and now 3DS. Yes there are MH games on other platforms but they're either ports in Frontier and 3rd HD's case, or not part of the Portable series that they might do away with in MH3's case since. And they're all on consoles. Putting the main series on one portable and the Portable series on another would be moronic.) and it'd obviously sell more on 3DS. MH3G sales are already higher than the Vita's LTD in Japan. Are people still hoping for this incredibly unlikely possibility? It's just wishful thinking.

And no, MHP4 on PSP is not possible. They're done with the PSP. How is this even a suggestion?

It's a suggestion because frankly if there were going to release a MH on a PlayStation device PSP is a better choice than PSV.

guiduc said:
the_dengle said:
VGKing said:

Well they could develop for Vita and port it over to PS4 later. Seemed to work fine for Portable 3rd.

Besides the potential for a 3rd party game to sell on a Nintendo console is much lower than it is for a Sony one. A Monster Hunter game on Vita would increase sales on that platform and allow Capcom to make OTHER games besides Monster Hunter for it and make a profit from them as well.

Besides a Sony exec said Monster Hunter was supposed to come out this year. Who knows what happened there.

Oh yes, Portable 3rd HD. How did that work out for Capcom? Do you think they even made profit on it? Didn't even localize it, did they?

As for the Sony exec, we had better hope he was simply misinformed. Because if there was a Monster Hunter planned for Vita this year, and it was canned... that's an even worse sign than one not being in the works.

As for the bolded, Tri is the best-selling console MH game yet, both in Japan and globally.

Japan is a really different story. Monster Hunter sells well, but only on handhelds. Monster Hunter 3G on 3DS is nearly approaching 2 million units in Japan alone. Dragon Quest was a love story with DS, those games sold shitloads. The potential for a 3rd party game to sell on a Nintendo console IN JAPAN is much higher than for a Sony one.

Maybe right now when there is such a large gap between install bases, but as Vita sales increase it becomes a better place for 3rd party games to sell. If you don't believe me then look at PS3 software sales ompared to Wii in Japan.

the_dengle said:
VGKing said:

Well they could develop for Vita and port it over to PS4 later. Seemed to work fine for Portable 3rd.

Besides the potential for a 3rd party game to sell on a Nintendo console is much lower than it is for a Sony one. A Monster Hunter game on Vita would increase sales on that platform and allow Capcom to make OTHER games besides Monster Hunter for it and make a profit from them as well.

Besides a Sony exec said Monster Hunter was supposed to come out this year. Who knows what happened there.

Oh yes, Portable 3rd HD. How did that work out for Capcom? Do you think they even made profit on it? Didn't even localize it, did they?

As for the Sony exec, we had better hope he was simply misinformed. Because if there was a Monster Hunter planned for Vita this year, and it was canned... that's an even worse sign than one not being in the works.

As for the bolded, Tri is the best-selling console MH game yet, both in Japan and globally.

You are wrong, and the PS3 version of Freedom/Portable 3rd wasn't a flop by any means, I'm sure it was profitable. Just look at these sales. http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=monster+hunter

Monster Hunter Tri 
3DS - 1.67m
Wii -  2.08m
Wii U - 0.13m
TOTAL = 3.88m

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP) = 5.36m

Monster Hunter Freedom 3
PSP - 4.80m
PS3 - 0.50m
TOTAL = 5.3m