By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 4 Wins Best Graphics at VGAs and Milion Other WebSites including Here!

thats nice! Never got into the Halo series. I know they are great games. Well i assume they are, why else would people go crazy over this game!

Nintendo Network ID = itsJabby

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
BenVTrigger said:
ethomaz said:

Thanks @Aldro.

Far Cry 3: 12
Halo 4: 9
Journey: 8
Max Payne 3: 3
Hitman: Absolution: 2
Assassin's Creed: 1

So far Far Cry 3 is the overall 2012 Best Graphics... the second place is between Halo 4 and Journey.

First of all his list is missing huge publications like GameInformer which gave Halo 4 best graphics.

The author of that blog is taking his sweet time updating the list.

He won't add Gameinformer to Halo 4 because I just checked it...

Dude it says " Shooter of the year best graphics ". He will only add stuff that actually takes games from all genres into consideration AND all platforms.

Surely you dont expect him to add stuff like "Best graphics on indie games" XD. He has however added the Shooter of the Year since that actually is on the site. But the graphics has to take all games into consideration.

For instance, here is Best Graphics for Action/adventure only where Journey wins at GameInformer. That isnt added either.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/12/26/2012-action-game-of-the-year-awards.aspx

Source =

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/12/28/2012-shooter-of-the-year-awards.aspx?PostPageIndex=3

Aldro said:
Nsanity said:
BenVTrigger said:
ethomaz said:

Thanks @Aldro.

So far Far Cry 3 is the overall 2012 Best Graphics... the second place is between Halo 4 and Journey.

First of all his list is missing huge publications like GameInformer which gave Halo 4 best graphics.

Dude it says " Shooter of the year best graphics ". He will only add stuff that actually takes games from all genres into consideration AND all platforms.

Surely you dont expect him to add stuff like "Best graphics on indie games" XD. He has however added the Shooter of the Year since that actually is on the site. But the graphics has to take all games into consideration.

For instance, here is Best Graphics for Action/adventure only where Journey wins at GameInformer. That isnt added either.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/12/26/2012-action-game-of-the-year-awards.aspx

Source =

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/12/28/2012-shooter-of-the-year-awards.aspx?PostPageIndex=3

Why hasnt he added GameTrailers? strangely enough he only seems to be adding awards that you submit to him as well as ignoring the racing genre.

Nsanity said:
Aldro said:
Nsanity said:
BenVTrigger said:
ethomaz said:

Thanks @Aldro.

Source =

Why hasnt he added GameTrailers? strangely enough he only seems to be adding awards that you submit to him as well as ignoring the racing genre.

Check the past years, he doesnt exactly change the genres, theyre the same throughout i think. Like there is no music genre either etc. Suggested it to him like one or two years ago and didnt get no reply.

I think he might wait for GameTrailers to give overall GOTY before doing so. So he doesnt have to visit the sites several times. Just my hypothesis, I have no clue.

So yeah lets be patient.

EDIT: He just knocked off GameReactor Denmark giving Best Tech to Far Cry 3 as it, like mentioned, was Tech and not Visual/Graphics or whatever :P.

So I got a lot farther in Far Cry 3 last night aaaaaaand

I was too harsh on the game. It really is gorgeous. Some of the time its one of the best Ive seen on consoles.

Doesnt change my mind though, Halo 4 is still superior at the end of the day. And I still stand by Far Cry 3 having tons of technical issues. Beautiful game though.

Around the Network
Aldro said:
Nsanity said:
Aldro said:
Nsanity said:
BenVTrigger said:
ethomaz said:

Thanks @Aldro.

Source =

Check the past years, he doesnt exactly change the genres, theyre the same throughout i think. Like there is no music genre either etc. Suggested it to him like one or two years ago and didnt get no reply.

I think he might wait for GameTrailers to give overall GOTY before doing so. So he doesnt have to visit the sites several times. Just my hypothesis, I have no clue.

So yeah lets be patient.

EDIT: He just knocked off GameReactor Denmark giving Best Tech to Far Cry 3 as it, like mentioned, was Tech and not Visual/Graphics or whatever :P.

Its still cherry picking.

Nsanity said:
Aldro said:
Nsanity said:
Aldro said:
Nsanity said:
BenVTrigger said:
ethomaz said:

Thanks @Aldro.

Source =

So yeah lets be patient.

Plus I have the magazine right in front of me and they gave Halo 4 the overll best graphics of the year award.  Not just best shooter graphics

BenVTrigger said:
Nsanity said:
Aldro said:
Nsanity said:
Aldro said:
Nsanity said:
BenVTrigger said:
ethomaz said:

Thanks @Aldro.

Source =

So yeah lets be patient.

Plus I have the magazine right in front of me and they gave Halo 4 the overll best graphics of the year award.  Not just best shooter graphics

Then link him to that. Like Nsanity said, "cherry picking" -> He is very strict regarding these stuff obviously.

Scan it into the PC or something, not sure if thatd help.

I said this before: Is there a link to the overall GOTY? GameReactor Sweden for example which is the nordics biggest gaming mag gave GOTY to Journey and they actually have a site with all their awards and wont just print them in their magazine. So clearly GI must have it too? Find it and post it!

EDIT: Looking in 2011s list and GI isnt there either. He wants sources to link to, so if GI only has the awards in a physical sense and not on their site -> I dont think he adds it. But lol.. what magazine doesnt post them online too?

EDIT2: Apparantly in 2010 they posted an article and he used it. But the article didnt provide any graphic award. GI is weird :0

Halo 4 no doubt is one of the best looking console games, but Far Cry 3 at its max on PC (my eyes were in awe when I started playing on PC) just makes it look standard definition in comparison. You really can see the huge graphical different in consoles and PC through these two games.

I agree with the authors decision by not including blogs, but everything else just seems like cherry picking.

* Video Game Awards Only - The Video Game includes Console & PC Games,but not Handheld games, Mac games, Kids games, Indie games, etc.

* Professional Awards Only - The Media include Sites, Magazines, Newspapers, Publications, Broadcastings, but not Blogs have a staff of one.

* All-Format GOTY Awards Only - But a single GOTY pick must be a single title, except for a tie.